Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Rubbish ! Alex Jones is a welsh boy singer from the 90's:D

Aled not Alex :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

The Nal wrote: »
    Did he? He "predicted" a government orchestrated terror attack. That was standard alt right rhetoric at the time. He didn't mention the twin towers or airplanes from what I remember.

Here are some he didn't get right. Garden variety conspiracy theories.

Martial Law seems to be one that everyone trots out every year or two.

https://watchmojo.com/video/id/22601

https://www.bitchute.com/video/M7XCiieez1Yu/

This is what I meant.

It's the view that he gets a couple of things right often enough to make people disregard all the many things he gets wrong.

The Epstein paedophile island is enough to keep things ticking over for another few years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jibber5000 wrote: »

Yeah thats what I remember aswell. The WTC reference is regarding the 1993 attack. The theory is they let the 93 attack happen. Bin Laden was the new big terrorist threat by the late 90s and had already declared jihad on America years before Jones spoke there.

So its a quote taken and made into a prediction after the fact. Hijacking planes and crashing them into NYC was a common anarchist "dream" at the time. The kids who killed the kids in Columbine for example wrote about it in their diaries in 1998.

But yeah, throw enough **** against a wall etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am pondering CIA involvement in China and any motivation behind disinforming the White House since December 2019. They may have been having a nice Christmas, but if Trump can prove he was poorly advised it is borderline treasonous behaviour?

As a CIA mole operating in China surely it would be their responsibility of feeding back to Langley their assumptions and observations on the virus? There must be several teams of undercover sleepers active in China. Why did they not communicate this home?

On the flipside if they can prove that they were updating the White House correctly it is a serious issue for the Oval Office. President Trump had been writing off the virus as "just a flu" all the way through January and February. Like him or love him he is not stupid. Surely he would have to be acting or responding on the information he was receiving? He either was disinformed or simply chose to ignore any CIA intel he was receiving.

It could get very tasty in the next few months. The president could get nasty if he gets put in a corner. It could also be that leading executives in the White House regime are cornering him in to taking drastic action, if the virus does not recede in the US and given the 3,000 victims in China ( population 1.4 billion) it is highly likely that his hand might be forced into drastic action. I don't think he is a warmonger, he has had 4 years to pull the trigger and has not done so yet, why start now? But he may not have the option … or … someone in the US defence department has gotten cute with him. If that is the case we could see the potential of a serious CIA official being accused of Treason. Can you be executed in the US for federal crimes?

The letters CIA all in China - mind blown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Rubbish ! Alex Jones is a welsh boy singer from the 90's:D

Wrong! She's a presenter on The One Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Closing down airports doesn't stop the virus. You have to entirely seal a country and test every single person to set foot in the country, and wait for the test results (and those certain test results can be erroneous). And such action has a critical economic impact, not to mention it simply wasn't possible in January. It's barely possible now. Covid cases are still entering China.

Is that absolutely true for Ireland though?

We are an Island hemmed in by water on all sides! How does the virus arrive in the country from Europe? 

Infected people can only arrive by coming through the airports and by boat.

Everyone was watching the news in last week of Jan and first week of Feb Italy had cases. Did nobody think then we should stop all flights to Italy and other places? Why did we wait three weeks to do something? 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The letters CIA all in China - mind blown

中央情报局 - pronounced "zhōng yāng qíng bào jú"

You have the eye for it, I can tell.

我可以告诉你,你有它的眼睛。- pronounced "wǒ kě yǐ gào sù nǐ , nǐ yǒu tā de yǎn jīng"

It is actually a doddle when you get used to it. I hear translating their medical journals is a sinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

We are an Island hemmed in by water on all sides! How does the virus arrive in the country from Europe? 

Because the Republic of Ireland isn't hemmed in by water on all sides. It has a border with Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom which is a different country.

-images-briefing-2019-01-24_briefing.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Everyone was watching the news in last week of Jan and first week of Feb Italy had cases. Did nobody think then we should stop all flights to Italy and other places? Why did we wait three weeks to do something? 

are you forgetting the land border we have with another country?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

are you forgetting the land border we have with another country?

Look at hospital in-patients with corona virus as at 14/04

Drogheda 38
    Letterkenny 37
    Cavan 36.
    All border counties

CUh 27
    Galway 16.

The latter two hospitals would have approx 500 more beds combined than the first 3 but have 33% of the corona patients.

The land border 100% makes a difference to our case number

这里张贴的一些无稽之谈是真正可争论的。我打电话给BS

Zhèlǐ zhāngtiē de yīxiē wújī zhī tán shì zhēnzhèng kě zhēnglùn de. Wǒ dǎ diànhuà gěi BS

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Zhèlǐ zhāngtiē de yīxiē wújī zhī tán shì zhēnzhèng kě zhēnglùn de. Wǒ dǎ diànhuà gěi BS

Can you post the English translation for these too for those no proficient in Chinese.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Can you post the English translation for these too for those no proficient in Chinese.

My apologies, it reads,

"All Frogs and Toads were once Tadpoles"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My apologies, it reads,

"All Frogs and Toads were once Tadpoles"

You could at least be honest here.

"Some nonsense posted here is really controversial. I call BS"

Odd tweets from Trump.

510039.png

Militia displaying weapons now, crazy country.

510040.png

https://twitter.com/efrostee/status/1251197546904670208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Good chance they’re troofers

King Mob wrote: »
    Because the Republic of Ireland isn't hemmed in by water on all sides. It has a border with Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom which is a different country.

-images-briefing-2019-01-24_briefing.jpg

:rolleyes:

You forgetting here is the cases first reported in Ireland didnot come from Northern Ireland. The were tourists coming back from holiday in Italy traced to Dublin airport. The government was allowing flights to Italy for weeks. Cases broke out in Italy on 30th of Jan and Ireland has its first case Feb 29th.

Ipso wrote: »
    Good chance they’re troofers

I’m convinced there two blocks in the White house and at other government agencies (military and civilian). 
    Trump and his side want to open the economy up and the other camp wants to keep everything closed. It explains the odd tweets from Trump saying liberate states!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You forgetting here i
    Ok. But your statement was that Ireland was surrounded by water and hand no other borders.
    You were wrong and I was just pointing out why so you didn't embarrass yourself any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

YThe were tourists coming back from holiday in Italy traced to Dublin airport. The government was allowing flights to Italy for weeks. Cases broke out in Italy on 30th of Jan and Ireland has its first case Feb 29th.

They were Irish people mostly. Young Irish people including school trips. Should we, and could we, have locked them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 yellowpens

Was this known in 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Northern Ireland?

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Northern Ireland?

post 1940 i answered it.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    They were Irish people mostly. Young Irish people including school trips. Should we, and could we, have locked them out?

In the four weeks leading up to 29th, you think the government could not have shut down air travel to Italy?

In the four weeks leading up to 29th, you think the government could not have shut down air travel to Italy?
    What if, What if ? Get with the now.

What if, What if ? Get with the now.

We are in a situation because of bad judgement.
    There was a thread on after hours in Jan saying Ireland should close the airports now.
    Nobody wants to accept responsibility for the country closing down.
    Its the people of this country will suffer, you know, for the bad decisions, lives are ruined. So easily did not have to happen!
    Look at older Covid- threads on current affairs, this was very predictable outcome.
    Another **** up like 2008.

We are in a situation because of bad judgement.
    There was a thread on after hours in Jan saying Ireland should close the airports now.
    Nobody wants to accept responsibility for the country closing down.
    Its the people of this country will suffer, you know, for the bad decisions, lives are ruined. So easily did not have to happen!
    Look at older Covid- threads on current affairs, this was very predictable outcome.
    Another **** up like 2008.

I know, Look at UK, Crap decisions, Usa worse but we must deal with the Now is what I meant. Shag all use looking back at this stage. We are where we are etc...

• Advertisement

New info from a seemly credible source?

510174.png

There an interview transcript to read.
    https://ponderwall.com/index.php/2020/04/18/lab-grown-coronavirus/

Post some of it.

– Pr. Montagnier: In fact, part of the virus, not the whole, is manipulated. Well, the virus follows a classic model that comes from bats; but on top of this model they have added sequences of HIV, the AIDS virus.

– Host: When you say “they have added”, you mean who?

– Pr. Montagnier: Oh I don’t know!

– Host: ..and it’s not natural.. this is what you mean?

– Pr. Montagnier: No it’s not natural. It’s a lab work of professional molecular biologists. It’s a very accurate work.. we can say a work of watchmaker..

– Host: But for what purpose?

– Pr. Montagnier: Well for what purpose.. this is unclear. My job is to expose the facts. I accuse nobody. I don’t know who did it; neither why. The possibility is probably they wanted to make a vaccine against the Aids. So they took small sequences of the virus and they installed them on the larger sequence of the coronavirus

– Host: So I’m not sure that I’m understanding all what you’re saying.. you mean that in this virus there’s a part of HIV?

– Pr. Montagnier: You’re right. The genetic material of the virus is a long tape of RNA.. as in DNA but it’s RNA. On this tape; in a certain place of it, they have planted small sequences of HIV. And these sequences are not small for nothing; they have the possibility to modify what we call, for example, the antigens sites. This means that if we want to make a vaccine, we can modify the protein subject to the vaccine by a small sequence coming from another virus

Advertisement