Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handing calls over from office phone to mobile

• 23-02-2020 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to hand calls over from our office to the mobile phone of one of our yard staff. If possible too, can it be setup in such a way that the mobile phone is like an internal extension where front office can talk to the staff member before patching the call through.

At present, we have one PSTN line into front office which is permanently forwarded to the mobile of the yard worker but as we are hiring a full-time office person, they'll be taking calls at reception but will have to pass the odd call through to the mobile of the yard man.

Is this the job for a small phone system and can it be done with just one PSTN or will I need an ISDN BRA to pass calls like this? I know I could put in a DECT cordless system and give the yard man a handset but I'd prefer to keep the him on his mobile and so would he!

Just to add that we've free call forwarding with Vodafone at the minute if it's of any use

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Best suggestions I could make to you on this:

1. Look at what offers Vodafone will do, I believe they have a 'virtual office' type product with this featureset but I've not researched it much.

2. If you setup an IP based phone system, a softphone app installed on the mobile phone, with WiFi connectivity on a dedicated private network, would enable it to become another extension of your system.

Advertisement