Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Forest Leixlip

Options
  • 23-02-2020 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I know it is an older housing estate and sprawling. What is it like to live there? Is there a sense of community? All input appreciated including any down sides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EoinMacLove1

I have lived in riverforest for many years without any issues, relativley quite estate with a mix of young and old families now.
    The bus/train/shops/schools/gaa club/park are a few minutes walk away-Plenty of green areas for kids to play on also.
    There is definitely a sense of community if you have kids playing GAA for Confey!
    Depends where the house is located but you're either closer to the shops/train or bus/secondary school but max 10 mins walk.
    The loal shops has pharmacies/dentist/newagents/supervalue/pub/japanese/ which is very handy.
    For the price range on the houses you cant go wrong with the location of the estate.
    Some houses have the train line running behind them but after a number of years you get used to it.
    There is some traffic during peak times as a lot of kids travel from Lucan to go to Confey college but it has never affected me.
    You will hear different opinions from different people but thats generally down to the personal experience.
    Realistcally RF is perfectly located with plenty of amentites and a lot of nice people living there.
    Let me know if you need anymore info.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I have lived in riverforest for many years without any issues, relativley quite estate with a mix of young and old families now.
    The bus/train/shops/schools/gaa club/park are a few minutes walk away-Plenty of green areas for kids to play on also.
    There is definitely a sense of community if you have kids playing GAA for Confey!
    Depends where the house is located but you're either closer to the shops/train or bus/secondary school but max 10 mins walk.
    The loal shops has pharmacies/dentist/newagents/supervalue/pub/japanese/ which is very handy.
    For the price range on the houses you cant go wrong with the location of the estate.
    Some houses have the train line running behind them but after a number of years you get used to it.
    There is some traffic during peak times as a lot of kids travel from Lucan to go to Confey college but it has never affected me.
    You will hear different opinions from different people but thats generally down to the personal experience.
    Realistcally RF is perfectly located with plenty of amentites and a lot of nice people living there.
    Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thank you very much for this information. Very helpful and much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I bought a house in River Forest a year ago, absolutely no problems. We are very happy living there.

Advertisement