Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Trinity

• 23-02-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I’m planning to apply to a masters in Trinity. I went to DIT and I graduated Oct 2019 and got a 2.1. Anybody know how the process of the application is like? Do they interview potential candidates and is it really difficult to get a part time job while doing a full time masters (because it states that holding a part time job will be difficult while studying masters)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

Best of luck with your application!!! It can be quite the rollercoaster process.

All these questions don't necessarily have an answer as they depend on what type of masters you're interested in. The different schools within TCD and even the different courses within the schools will have different answers.

A lot of courses do interview, some might not. And some like social work, medicine etc. will always interview.

When it comes to working part-time; If you need to do it, you'll just have to make it work. Plenty of people work and study, these days the majority of students do. But some masters, even done full time, have very little contact hours and more self study. Like you might only have to be on campus 1 or 2 days a week. Other's you may have to be in laboratorys all day, every day.

Firstly, I will say, though it can be limited, exhaust the TCD website for any information it may have, eg. course handbooks, some courses do put timetables etc. up. You might find answers to some questions, plus it will be good research for your interview.

Secondly, contact the school in question, they are usually very open to prospective students. Masters means money for the college so they are happy to sell courses.

Advertisement