Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair to offer cadetships like EI.

Options
  • 23-02-2020 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

https://www.joe.ie/business/ryanair-400-pilots-training-programme-693495

Not the most reliable source. Sorry.

It does say ab initio so from zero to ATPL with 738 type ratings it seems. I wonder will they have the same pull as EI does when they offer cadetships.

The article says that FR are "seeking highly trained pilots" but then goes on to describe the training as ab-initio.

They'll probably have a training and type rating bond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Crock Rock wrote: »
    https://www.joe.ie/business/ryanair-400-pilots-training-programme-693495

Not the most reliable source. Sorry.

It does say ab initio so from zero to ATPL with 738 type ratings it seems. I wonder will they have the same pull as EI does when they offer cadetships.

The article says that FR are "seeking highly trained pilots" but then goes on to describe the training as ab-initio.

They'll probably have a training and type rating bond.
    While at the same time they're making pilots in bases redundant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

While at the same time they're making pilots in bases redundant.

Yeah I think it’s mainly unionised bases that’s happening, they’re trying to get everyone back to being self employed contractors where you’ve basically no rights and they’ve little to no responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Astral Nav

Yes, I'm sure it will be just like EI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Anyone going for this?

This doesn't seem to have even a fraction of the coverage EI would have if they offered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

I contacted the school who told me that it's a subsidised course - it's still going to set you back 77.5k though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Paso Fino wrote: »
    I contacted the school who told me that it's a subsidised course - it's still going to set you back 77.5k though!

Not very subsidised then.
    Considering you can go from zero to hero for similar money with a modular course.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is that 77k needed in cash or some claw back from Ryanair from future salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

You can be sure that it is geared towards Ryanair's advantage, big time. Why would they take the risk, on an unproven cadet, without adding in protections for themselves? I'll bet the contract would make interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Anyone going for this?

This doesn't seem to have even a fraction of the coverage EI would have if they offered one.

Yes because the EI one doesn’t cost 77K ! This isn’t a bloody cadetship for Christ’s sake, it’s just the AFTA Ryanair Mentored programme equivalent but for somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

But this gives direct entry to Ryanair if successful? Is there an additional cost for type rating?
    77k doesn't seem so bad if there is a job there on completion - or will they cherry pick and tell others to get lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

mickdw wrote: »
    But this gives direct entry to Ryanair if successful? Is there an additional cost for type rating?
    77k doesn't seem so bad if there is a job there on completion - or will they cherry pick and tell others to get lost.

You can be damn sure there will be! I haven’t seen the contract but knowing what this company are like there will absolutely be an additional type rating bond for around €30,000!

There will also be an option for Ryanair to tell you to F off at any time they like. I guarantee it.

Please folks. Read the fine print and go into this with your eyes wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I go away for a few weeks and come back to find "Ryanair to offer cadetships like EI." as a thread?

LOL.

That made me laugh, hard.

Ryanair are saying if you go to school x and do their own in house ATPL course, we will give you a chance at a job with us once you finish there. That is a different planet to the Aer Lingus cadetship.

It has absolute minimum involvement from ryanair and there are no guarantees, it's simply an extension of what they have already running with AFTA, it's just another school added to the list.

Advertisement