Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get money from Eir after closing account

Options
  • 24-02-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

After I closed my Eir account and moved to Vodafone late last year, I have a credit of €39.86 remaining on my account. I no longer have an account with Eir as it is now closed so I'm unable to contact them through usual channels (phone, website etc).

I naively believed that when an account is closed by a customer that any remaining monies owed would automatically be transferred to your account - Apparently not!

Can someone help by advising how to go about moving this remaining amount from Eir's account to mine?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

cobhlynch wrote: »
    Hi guys,

After I closed my Eir account and moved to Vodafone late last year, I have a credit of €39.86 remaining on my account. I no longer have an account with Eir as it is now closed so I'm unable to contact them through usual channels (phone, website etc).

I naively believed that when an account is closed by a customer that any remaining monies owed would automatically be transferred to your account - Apparently not!

Can someone help by advising how to go about moving this remaining amount from Eir's account to mine?

Thanks,
    Barry

Have you tried webchat or twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

This also happened to me - but I was still getting bills with €48 credit on a closed account.
    Phone calls did no good - so I just sent them the one of the bills back with Give Me My Money written on it.
    Got a cheque through the post 2 weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

After 2 months of waiting for my credit, I phoned them and the money arrived in my account the next week. I don't follow your comment that you can't phone them because your account is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cobhlynch

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    What I meant about being unable to contact Eir by phone is that - When I try to call, I'm asked to enter my Customer number on the keypad, but as my account is closed, their system doesn't recognise my customer number so the call doesn't progress.

I'll try webchat when it becomes available again.

Eir don't make this easy - do they?

Advertisement