Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - waiting 8 months to get a phone line installed in Lucan, Dublin

Options
  • 24-02-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm living in a small (group of 6 houses) 5 yr old estate at the end of an older estate in Lucan, Dublin & have been waiting for around 8 months to get a line installed.

Engineers have been out multiple times (another one due this Wed) & on each occasion they look into the manholes & tell me that no line is running into our estate. We have been waiting for Eir to tunnel under a public road in the older estate in order to connect two manholes & hence allow the cable to be run to our estate. This was meant to happen last Aug but we're still waiting. I'm considering writing to local Councillors but can anyone tell me if there's any other method to get things moving?

I find it amazing that Eir claims that they can connect rural Ireland to broadband but can't connect an estate less than 9km from the capital!

Thanks,

Leo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No coaxial either?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

We have Virigin from day 1 but getting fleeced by price increases so keen to have an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Eircom offers 3 products regardless of what they actually call it.

DSL(up to 24mb)
    VDSL(up to 150mb)
    Fiber(1gig)

The "up to" part is real important.

Fiber is the only real alternative to Virgins broadband product. The number of areas with it are very limited.

Might be worth putting in the address of the closest house to your estate and seeing what they get at the moment. Because when Eircom do come out to make that connect, that's probably going to be what you get offered.

Advertisement