Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have heard something of this nature on Disney+. I just tried to remove the payment option but I can't. I can change it to revolut or something but removing a cc doesn't appear to be an obvious option

Mine were removed as soon as i cancelled sub !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Question on those whose details are being updated: Any of them sharing an account with strangers (Either arranged here or elsewhere).

I have shared mine with family and close friends (I'm paying) but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Got an email in the morning saying my details have been updated....logged in and saw someone tried changing my email address ! Absolute shocker.

Had to goto chat and took 30 mins to get it updated to a new one and password reset.

Word of caution guys remove any payment details on the account and setup a strong password on your Disneyplus accounts as looks like they have weak security and people have reported accounts being hacked !

Yep, they must be very easy to hack. I personally have come across about 20K disney+ passwords since Xmas, they are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The hacking has been an ongoing issue from US launch & they never seem to have gotten to the bottom of it. I always cancel the subscription on everything until it need to be renewed. I also think paying through the PlayStore or Apple store is safer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

So, if I cancel the sub I don't lose access?having collected money (from family) I'd be worried if everyone lost access and we would have to buy it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

So, if I cancel the sub I don't lose access?having collected money (from family) I'd be worried if everyone lost access and we would have to buy it again.

Interested in finding this out too.

I'm assuming the sub will run until renewal date.

The service continues until the end of the current billing cycle.

Disney+ - How do I cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

No you dont..... i cancelled it after renewing trial for one year and it shows end date of next year !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

I paid with PayPal. Just logged in there to check what information is saved but just has payment method as PayPal so I'm assuming that should be ok.

All they have is the last 4 digits of your card anyway, absolutely no use to anyone.

As for the password, I purposely set a fairly easy one for Disney as it’s being used by a load of family members and entering it with remotes on smart TVs etc would probably be enough for some not to even log in if it was a big long password with lots of special characters etc.

Anyone else using it with chromecast find resuming where you left off is very hit and miss? I find I need to start it on the phone, pause and then cast to get it to work. If I cast first and then hit play on a partly watched movie it goes back to the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have set up an account. There are 2 spaces free if anyone would like to join me. I'm paying monthly so the fee for the year is 21 per stream or 42 for both.
    Revolut or bank transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

loopymum wrote: »
    I have set up an account. There are 2 spaces free if anyone would like to join me. I'm paying monthly so the fee for the year is 21 per stream or 42 for both.
    Revolut or bank transfer

I will be interested in this (both spaces).

Give me 5 mins to confirm with my friend who wants two.

Can I just ask though, why you don't just buy the years access upfront? I can forward you 37.50 today and that's the half of it paid for already.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

McMurphy wrote: »

Can I just ask though, why you don't just buy the years access upfront? I can forward you 37.50 today and that's the half of it paid for already.

Cheers

Sorry all spots have been filled

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

loopymum wrote: »
    Sorry all spots have been filled

No problem at all. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

No problem at all. Thanks for letting me know.

Stick it out, I placed a shortcut on my phone directly linked to this thread , regularly checked in misses a few family offers but eventually got one, great my kid and I are v impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm interested in joining a group please 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

I would be interested in a spot too if one became available.

Cheers
    IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining a group please ��
    Pandiani wrote: »
    I would be interested in a spot too if one became available.

That looks like a happy family right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Interested in a group too if a spot is available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Would be interested in joining too if anyone has a spare spot?!

Tentatively interested depending on how much I'd have to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Couple spots free pm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Couple spots free pm please.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

tony1980 wrote: »
    PM sent

Waiting on a reply , if your still interested please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Anyone else have a space I might get a sub myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Truckermal wrote: »
    Anyone else have a space I might get a sub myself..

Does nobody here actually have a family? Surely you have brothers/sisters/uncles/aunts/cousins who got DisneyPlus for the kids during lockdown ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm interested in a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I'm interested in a spot

me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I'm interested in a spot

Same as!

Advertisement