Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car for around 8,000

Options
  • 24-02-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone on here could help me....I have a full drivers license but I haven't driven for around 15 years.
    I've decided that I want to get back behind the wheel and I'm looking for a car for around 8,000 to get me back driving.
    I am finding it very difficult to find a car that I like from a garage at that price.
    Can anyone recommend a good make and model for this price, ideally to get around 4 years out of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

There you go, cheap, plain, reliable and perfect for the person who doesn't care that much

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-dacia-sandero-1-2-5dr-h-b-94kms-nct-02-22/23720595

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eprndrgst

ba_barabus wrote: »
    There you go, cheap, plain, reliable and perfect for the person who doesn't care that much

Thank you!!

I'll give it a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can you tell us your wants/needs are around a car? Size, number of doors, what will it mainly be used for, etc? It might help people more to recommend something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eprndrgst

I really like the look of the newer model Renault Clios.

I wouldn't be making journeys any longer than around 20 mins, it would just be for nipping to the shops, works etc....
    I haven't driven in around 15 years, and even though I will be getting a few lessons to gain the confidence I still prefer a smaller car for now.

Advertisement