If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge amp and streamer advice and price

Options
  • 24-02-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I would like to upgrade my amp (currently a streaming rn602), to seperate amp and streamer.
    I think I have it narrowed down to a Cambridge CXA81 and CXN V2. 

However, i am also interested in the the Azur 851A and 851N. 

From what I can see, the 2 CX units intergrate into each other really well, e.g. use 1 remote etc.
    But the 2 Azur units, seem more "seperate". What would be your opinion on that?
    Also, is the 851N really all that much better than the cxn v2?

If you can, would you give me a price on 
    cxa + cxn + cambridge solo mm phono amp
    and...
    azur 851A + 851N + cambridge solo mm phono amp

(what ever I go for, it will be used on a pair of monitor audio bronze 6 speakers)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Doktor wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I would like to upgrade my amp (currently a streaming rn602), to seperate amp and streamer.
    I think I have it narrowed down to a Cambridge CXA81 and CXN V2. 

However, i am also interested in the the Azur 851A and 851N. 

From what I can see, the 2 CX units intergrate into each other really well, e.g. use 1 remote etc.
    But the 2 Azur units, seem more "seperate". What would be your opinion on that?
    Also, is the 851N really all that much better than the cxn v2?

If you can, would you give me a price on 
    cxa + cxn + cambridge solo mm phono amp
    and...
    azur 851A + 851N + cambridge solo mm phono amp

(what ever I go for, it will be used on a pair of monitor audio bronze 6 speakers)
    Hi The Doktor.

Thanks for the post.

Both those setups are fantastic!!
    Several of the guys here a the Belfast store use the CXA81 at home.

The 851N used a completely different processor to the CNX.
    As far as I can tell the 851N also use a better DAC and different power transformers. (This is all geared around sound quality).

In terms of remotes. The CXA81 remote will control the CXC and the CXN V2 units. The CNX V" does also come with its own remote.
    The 851A  remote seems to only control the 851A and 851C with the 851N having its own remote which looks like it will control the 851A
    The link below is for the user manual. If you go to page 4 it has the remote pictured and it has the Amp section at the bottom and the Amp power button at the top.
    https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205884925/Azur_851N_Users_Manual_English.pdf

Here goes with some pricing.

CXA81 with CXN V2 and Solo MM I could offer at £1695 delivered.

For the 851A with 851N and the Solo MM I could offer at £2445.00

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Thanks for that Kenny, im going to think about it for a few days and ill get back to you. 
    Deffo going for one of these set ups..... :)  

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for that Kenny, im going to think about it for a few days and ill get back to you. 
    No problem! Keep u posted and if you need any further info let us know!

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David
    Hi guys,
    Apoligies for not getting back to you, but with the onset of The Plague I put this to the back of my mind.  
    I see some prices have changed on the website so what price could you do the Azur 851N + 851A + the solo MM pre-amp for (with delivery to dublin)

Thanks a lot 
    Lee

Kind regards

David
    Hi guys,
    Apoligies for not getting back to you, but with the onset of The Plague I put this to the back of my mind.  
    I see some prices have changed on the website so what price could you do the Azur 851N + 851A + the solo MM pre-amp for (with delivery to dublin)

Thanks a lot 
    Lee
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I can do you the following package price:

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite
    Total: £2430

I don't have much more to play with on Kennys original quote as he had already priced it quite keenly!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

David

• Advertisement

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

I don't have much more to play with on Kennys original quote as he had already priced it quite keenly!

Kind regards

David

David
    Oh alright you`ve twisted my arm... but in order to get the purchase approved the War Office, would you have the 851 A and N in Silver (i know the solo is in graphite only, and thats perfect).

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Oh alright you`ve twisted my arm... but in order to get the purchase approved the War Office, would you have the 851 A and N in Silver (i know the solo is in graphite only, and thats perfect).
    Hi Lee,

I have the 851N available in silver but I only have the 851A available in black at the moment! I can try to get an ETA for you on the amp in silver though if you would like to go with them in that finish?

Kind regards

David

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Hi Lee,

I have the 851N available in silver but I only have the 851A available in black at the moment! I can try to get an ETA for you on the amp in silver though if you would like to go with them in that finish?

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Yes, can you check that out for me. Ive been told im not allowed to have it in black :) 
    So deffo want the silver for both. 
    Thanks
    Lee

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Hi Lee,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Yes, can you check that out for me. Ive been told im not allowed to have it in black :) 
    Thanks
    Lee
    No problem Lee, I have it in my diary to check with the warehouse tomorrow!

Kind regards

David

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Hi Lee,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Thanks
    Lee
    Hi The Doktor,

I spoke with the warehouse and they have the amp in black but Cambridge are out of stock of the Silver finish and they have no ETA for new stock arriving unfortunately!

Let me know if you'd be interested in the Black Version as I have very limited stock remaining of these as well!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Hi Lee,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Thanks
    Lee
    Hi The Doktor,

I spoke with the warehouse and they have the amp in black but Cambridge are out of stock of the Silver finish and they have no ETA for new stock arriving unfortunately!

Let me know if you'd be interested in the Black Version as I have very limited stock remaining of these as well!

Kind regards

David
    Ah bugger... I had a vision of a nice retro looking silver set up. But the more I look at the black the more I like it (or at least im convincing meself of this)

So 851A and 851N in Black and the solo phono pre-amp it is then. Take my money! :) 

Ill send you a PM with my phone number if youd like to take payment.

Hi Lee,

Cambridge 851A blk
    Cambridge 851N blk
    Cambridge Solo Graphite

Kind regards

David

David
    Hi Lee,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Thanks
    Lee
    Hi The Doktor,

Kind regards

David
    Ah bugger... I had a vision of a nice retro looking silver set up. But the more I look at the black the more I like it (or at least im convincing meself of this)

So 851A and 851N in Black and the solo phono pre-amp it is then. Take my money! :) 

Ill send you a PM with my phone number if youd like to take payment.
    Hi The Doktor,

No problem at all, sorry we couldn't source it in silver!

If you PM me with your details I'll give you a call for payment!

Kind regards

David

Hi The Doktor,

Kind regards

David

Spot on david, i sent you a pm yesterday evening :)

Hi The Doktor,

Kind regards

David

Spot on david, i sent you a pm yesterday evening :)
    No problem I'll give you a call now!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.