Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlecon Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some chancer sets up a Facebook page by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Been burned by too many of these in the past. Would love to see something take off, but until I see talent and a venue then I’ll be skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Graphics look very MS-Paint.

Did anyone ever do to the one that was in the midlands about 10 years ago? Serious line up I think DeBiase was there and a few others.

I was in a pro wrestling slump at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Graphics look very MS-Paint.

Did anyone ever do to the one that was in the midlands about 10 years ago? Serious line up I think DeBiase was there and a few others.

I was in a pro wrestling slump at the time.

It got cancelled 2 weeks beforehand, we had Mick Foley on the old podcast afterwards talking about it. I don’t think people got their money back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Terrible logo. Chancers.
    From one of the comments:
    I wish you the best in bringing big names here. Comic con can do it so wrestling should be no different. Lookin forward to see who you can get.

Problem is comic con is an actual thing, not some chancers dream :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I don't think Irish people will be into the old " pay €20 to have your picture taken with random 80s mid card jobber" as much as the Americans would be.

Cant see the model taking off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Anytime anybody tries to promote an event like this in Ireland it's always met with a pessimistic, begrudging attitude from Irish fans. Very strange.

Having said that, this thing is just an unverified Facebook page at this stage. So in this case, the skepticism may be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree that it's unfair to immediately default to pessimism - it's an ugly crab mentality basically willing others to fail. I also think it's fair for wrestling event companies to keep talent announcements quiet until they're locked in - as locked in as talents can be, WWE has a habit of crippling independent shows, from Inside The Ropes to Starrcast. Undertaker and Sting say hello!

Mod Note: None of us know how this will turn out - if you've nothing but baseless tarring due to events long ago by someone else, don't bother with your 2 cents. However, if you've a legit reason to doubt, please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't think Irish people will be into the old " pay €20 to have your picture taken with random 80s mid card jobber" as much as the Americans would be.

Cant see the model taking off here.

I've been to ComicCon and people actually do, for more than €20 as well.

Guy from an episode of GoT - €40, minor character from 25 year old sci-fi show - €50.

It struck me as pretty mental tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭brick tamland

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I've been to ComicCon and people actually do, for more than €20 as well.

Guy from an episode of GoT - €40, minor character from 25 year old sci-fi show - €50.

It struck me as pretty mental tbh.

Thats just weird (to me anyway)

I looked at a online link to a american one a few years ago. Cheapest wrestler i seen was $20 a pic and it was Duke the Dumpster. Who the feck would be bothered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Reminds me of the episode of entourage where Johnny Drama is dying to go to the comicon for all the viking quest fans he can fleece haha

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I Think OTT do alright with the meet and greets. I'm sure Moxley will make a bomb at Scrappermania. When I went to Wrestlemania I went to Axcess just because it seemed like the done thing on a Mania trip. Got there and realised autographs and pictures just aren't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its kind of sad in a way seeing some guys who may be in bad health doing these events and most of the time no body at there table

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Just remembered this event was scheduled for next month. Does anyone know if the promoters have plans to reschedule like other conventions?

Advertisement