Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Roots Festival 2020

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh she did, his set was due to start at 10.15pm. We knew Jenny was the replacement and we headed over about 9.55 and she was already onstage playing with a small crowd as I guess no one knew she was on early. It got much busier nearer to 10.15. That's why I was wondering did she also do her midnight - 2am slot in District22...fair play to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Paddy Casey - Main stage Sunday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Laytha - Sunday 5th June Wild West Stage.

Dark Tropics - Wild West Stage Sunday 5th June. Wasn't impressed here as Rio was missing, the female singer which I think made the band that bit more special.

I hope ye's don't mind me upping videos, its one way of keeping track of the acts I captured on film while I scribe the reviews. Anyways this is Sheffield's The Sherlocks subbing James Bay on the main stage.

• Advertisement

ROE - Wild West Stage Sunday 5th June.

Damien Dempsey - Wild West Stage Sunday 5th June.

Aaron Keavney - District 22 Sunday 5th June.

I forgot to give my short Boards synopsis of Wild Roots:

Tuesday: Arrived on site and met my volunteer coordinator, set up my tent and started a shift at the staff car park, it was very quiet that day was working with a Leitrim bloke called Cal. Only three cars came, one of which was Cal's, it turned out to be a wet and blustery night.

Wednesday: Was on two way radio duty on the main production path, my job to make sure roads were clear for heavy lorries and the other road for smaller traffic.

Thursday: More of the same duties, got dreadfully wet in the downpour but crew helped me with water proofs and helped dry my sodden clothes.

The weekend: the weather couldn't have been any better, perfect dry conditions and sunny, caught maybe too much rave stuff over the Friday and Saturday, Jenny Greene, Felix Da Housecat, Daft Punk Tribute and Roger Brennan being the best of that bunch or of what I seen. Amy Montgomery was good lively blues. Damo always puts in a good one and Wild Roots was no exception, I enjoyed ROE, was disappointed that Dark Tropics had cancelled and the festival never said anything, I only found out through messaging Dark Tropics on Facebook. Ben Cutler and The Sherlocks and Paddy Casey put in decent performances too.

Like other posters mentioned, had weather being miserable it would have been a disaster, so one or two tented structures would go amiss. Camper Van area left a lot to be desired, no wristband check going in, no water points, 5 toilets for the whole area and very little bins around the site. Apart from that, very little complaints, no trouble so all in all very good for a first festival effort in the North West in about ten years.

God that review was tough as I reviewed stuff I wouldn't usually listen to as I'm more a dark electronica and psychedelic man myself, but I hope you like it and the review doesn't come across as fake. I hope you like it anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement