Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Roots Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

endainoz wrote: »
    I have no problem with it, but I can see plenty of civil liberties lunatics having a major issue with it.

You're probably right, Endainoz but I've zero time for that bull****. Get things going in whatever way we can, get your jab when your time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

So it's ok for vaccinated people to eat indoors and be served by unvaccinated young people?!

Silly idea.

Open up and make vaccination centres 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

So it's ok for vaccinated people to eat indoors and be served by unvaccinated young people?!

Silly idea.

Open up and make vaccination centres 24/7

Do you really think the rate of vaccination is determined solely by the operating hours? Opening 24/7 vaccination centres won't make more vaccines appear out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Do you really think the rate of vaccination is determined solely by the operating hours? Opening 24/7 vaccination centres won't make more vaccines appear out of nowhere.

Up to yesterday, that was true.

Now that under 50's can have AZ, there are loads to catch up on and supply is no longer the issue it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You're probably right, Endainoz but I've zero time for that bull****. Get things going in whatever way we can, get your jab when your time comes.

And as I feared disbandNPHET is now trending on Twitter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Numbers rising.... Highly conservative government....My hope for this is diminishing by the day.

Sadface...

RINO87 wrote: »
    Numbers rising.... Highly conservative government....My hope for this is diminishing by the day.

Sadface...

Yet the attendance for GAA matches is allowed to increase. 3000 fans allowed for Clare vs Tipp this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Yet the attendance for GAA matches is allowed to increase. 3000 fans allowed for Clare vs Tipp this weekend...

In a stadium with 44k capacity, not even 10% full.

timmyntc wrote: »
    In a stadium with 44k capacity, not even 10% full.

So what to say that wild roots can't hold 50k+ at a hypothetical full capacity of it were to extend in a couple of years? It has way more space to use than a stadium.

• Advertisement

So what to say that wild roots can't hold 50k+ at a hypothetical full capacity of it were to extend in a couple of years? It has way more space to use than a stadium.

I know that, but unless they physically segregate all festival-goers from each other I can't see the powers that be letting it happen (and I have a ticket bought)

Its outdoor and very low risk, and antigen tests could be added too for extra safety and quick turnarounds and itd be next to no risk of clusters etc. But unfortunately those in control are a lot more risk averse (to the point of insanity).

The stadiums at 10% or less capacity have the attendees physically separated by a great distance. That wont happen at an outdoor music festival (would anyone even want to go if it was like that?)

Ah yeah I do get what your saying, but the narrative seems to be all about the delta varient these days unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Less than a month to this now and still no word of it being canceled. Maybe the plan is to use vaccine passports? They seem fairly confident that its going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi folks, I got an update so I thought I’d post here;

”We are awaiting confirmation on this from the department, we will know more next week if you would like to check back in with us then.

Thanks

The Wild Roots Team”

it was nice to get a response, open communication is really important imo.

Only 1,000 per day allowed at Galway Races just two weeks before... It's not looking good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Postponed till 2022...they were in the middle of building stages, bars etc.

Happy I held out on tickets but disappointed I can't go to any festival this year. Not getting any younger either.

Ah shite........

It wasn't me, I promise!!! Feck it anyway, the June Bank holiday next year is waaayyy too close to Body and Soul, and I really, really, want to go back to B&S next year 2017 was my last one, after being at them all before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

A pity but not surprising. Bloody delta! No festival this year then 😢

Feck it anyway here's the 2022 poster.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

Sorry but I have to be blunt. It's a disgrace that this festival pretended it was going ahead and invested in a huge advertisement campaign making laughable claims about having "permission from the government" and "100% going ahead with works already starting" but deleted any comments that tried to call them out on it.

There was no way this was ever going ahead even before the Delta variant took off. You can't even have a cup of coffee indoors but a festival was going to go ahead. This festival openly lied and took people's money knowing full well it wasn't going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Yup fully agree

it was obvious quite some time ago that this wasn’t going to be a runner- not sure if it was delusion , greed or both that led them to string out the promotion of this for so long.

looked at the comments on Instagram and it’s all arselicking about how brave they are??

Ah I wouldn't be that harsh on them, I do think they genuinely thought they had a shot of it going ahead. Their hope was that they would be used as a government pilot event, obviously that didn't happen.

They were going ahead with the site build too, but the delta variant was the inevitable nail on the coffin. I also fear that EP will suffer the same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

Awful pity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Wild Roots are now refusing refunds as the deadline has passed as per their T&Cs(nonsense). Surely they can’t refuse to give a refund....

A bit sh1tty yes, but people have had plenty of time to get their refund request in.

They were going full steam ahead on building the site - and regardless of "delta variant" couldnt blame them for hoping it would go ahead.

Similar festivals going on just over the border already - and in mainland europe months ago. The only people to blame here for it not going ahead are the Irish government. There is no good reason why it or EP should not go ahead really - we're hitting vaccine saturation and the hospitals are not near being overwhelmed.

Also from test events in UK and beyond, we can see that with antigen testing of all on entrance, the spread of covid at such large events is miniscule.

I do believe they were banking on being the first pilot festival and once that wasn't possible it seems there was no plan b in place.

It was supposed to be this weekend coming, will at least there's Stendhal.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

In fairness they already delayed it and delayed it again in the hope that the government would see sense.

there really isnt any more Plan Bs you can make - nothing gets around the fact that the governments refusal to allow festivals left all events with no wiggle room. See EP, and even the Dublin Marathon. All cancelled.

hell the only reason we are now allowed live music in outdoor pubs is because of a government scandal - NOT because they wanted to/chose to allow it.

• Advertisement

Totally agree, it's such a tough time for the industry and still no clarity.

Advertisement