Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Roots Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Van Doozy

Did I read somewhere that the campsite opens on Thursday evening? Or am I imagining things?

I scoured the app and the website and could not find anything which confirm this - in fact I couldn't find info about when things open at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well the dates for festival are from 2nd - 5th so its saying a four day festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Pretty obvious! 🤦‍♂️

Should have thought of looking at the dates!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Looks like there will even be some music on Thursday evening, wasn't expecting that. I still have not decided but I am tempted to head there Thursday evening, set up in a decent spot and chill...or am I better off staying in my own bed and getting a good night's sleep. At 40 I need all the sleep I can get!

Sorry, I do not know how to make these screenshots smaller

Well that's me aired my tent since Vantastival last year, its just a matter of recharging stuff now and setting off on Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So guys where's the best place to buy wellies for this?? Unfortunately it may look like they're needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wouldn't be rushing to get anything yet. You would want to wait another few days to get a good idea of the weather for certain. But if you must buy wellies, go into any co op store and look for the light Dunlop ones, cheap and cheerful and not too heavy.

It’s too far out I know but…weather on Met and Accu looking promising for Sligo next weekend.

Also, I did this mock up of the site.

Perhaps red isn’t a good text colour

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

Found the campervan site in top right corner

Post edited by BaldFigo on

FYI - to get to the site they have now pinned the location on google maps so just search there. Getting my bits and pieces ready now, getting giddy 😎

Would people be interested in a whats app group? I could set one up and post the code here and peeps can join if they wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hardly, she was on the 2021 poster alright but was never announced for this year

I was there loading in kit. It's a lovely site. And they did a great job on the quirky little buildings and stuff they've built there.

Given the forecast I reckon it's gonna be a good weekend had by all 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Best of luck with the coolers! I've had to bow out of this one, so will get to sample your wares at body and soul.

Enjoy the weekend everyone thats going, throw up a few updates shur over the weekend seeing as its the first real festival back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We're only going for the Saturday but will post a few pics and updates if I can :)

2 years, 9 months and 30 days since my last festival (1034 days)! Decided to bail early from the big smoke and head today, should be onsite at 7pm, just as the last shower passes by I hope! Hopefully get to meet some of you folk down there over the weekend. Here is a whats app group I set up for the weekend - just use the code to join if you so wish:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/D2X0JH3FocDBiLAiFjF9UO

Enjoy the weekend folks, great to see a reasonably big sized event going ahead. It's been a very tough couple of years but we're back on track for sure. Hope it all goes well for all of you that are attending ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I've just set up the tent. For anyone arriving later you need to bring all your booze in on the first go, and the ground is soft so boots if you have them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see James Morrison has had to cancel due to illness

• Advertisement

Saw a few videos of King Kong Company from last night, looked like great fun. Nice to see them drawing a big looking crowd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tbh the videos I've seen it looks like it's a great festival, may try head next year. I like the theme type festivals

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

He did but Jenny Green stepped in and took his slot on the main stage, she was great :)

Small few pics from Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All things considered - was hugely impressed with the setup. As an avid festival goer, this being on my doorstep.. I was very skeptical.

Music was solid, queues for bars were minimal.. went Friday evening and didn't bring cans. Couldn't face up to any more Rockshore so snuck a few in on Saturday. Security were sound out really.

Food at What The Falaffel and Lala Poutine were highlights for me.

Thought sound at the main stage was quite poor though.. needed to be louder and vocals were being drowned out. Far better elsewhere like Wild West and District 22.. probably as more solid barriers for sound to bounce.

The Comedy "Tent" / Small Awning was bizarre.

Loved Gramophone Disco.. great little vibe in there.

Hoping it's back next year!

Didn't make it yesterday as was at The National in Limerick. I need a sleep and a Chinese takeaway now, and another 5 days off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Great pics @miamee, looks like they put a lot of effort into the site, plenty of good reports coming out of the weekend. Delighted to see the festival season off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Any chance did you hear when it's on next year? Would hate for it to clash with any other festival. Was great weekend, camped Friday Saturday close to home so headed home Sunday. For a 1st time running a festival it ran smoothly. Ground could be dodgy if it had rained. Jenny greene shud have been scheduled for main stage wud have been crazy in the district area for her. Looking forward to next year.

Had an amazing weekend, computer problems at the moment so will have a review and a small boards review here before it hits not responding again. Looks like a new laptop for me, so might be a week or two with blog reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

@Van Doozy How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jo187

What was bizzare about comedy tent? Big comedy fan so be interested to know cheers

Advertisement