Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

ReneeCali wrote: »
    Why does the death rate double as you move from 30s to 40s? It then trebles from 40s to 50s, and 50s to 60s, and then doubles in the higher age groups

But I'm most curious why it doubles at that demographic juncture?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

It does seem real but it does not contain anything we don't already know.

No people sick.

Sorry for doubting the poster but I am on mod instructions we will not be sharing internal school communication.

Students were indeed in the infected area all are back non are sick.
    Following HSE advice good love them.

Again sorry to the student I though he was a troll I was wrong.:)

Defo a student alright he sent me a pic of his year book. Sounds like he's just worried which is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

fritzelly wrote: »
    Checked flightradar

Hainan airlines runs direct flights from china to Dublin airport twice a week since early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

saabsaab wrote: »
    Inish meain, smallest of the three Aran islands or maybe Clare island Co Mayo.
    Populated but not many people.
    Craggy Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I've seen hand sanitizers in hospitals, but nowhere else. Introducing them makes sense, will reduce spread of infection, and is a no-brainer

Such as?

I've seen hand sanitizers in coffee shops and banks.

Why should the government be issuing free hand sanitizers?

Go to the chemist and buy your own for 2 euro.

We've been through foot and mouth disease, swine flu, bird flu, SARS. We'll go through this like we went through the others and it will die down in a few months.

The first symptoms are respitory and take affect between 2 to 14 days of infection so just be vigilant of people coughing in you vicinity.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    BBC reporting Germany is bracing itself for a big increase in cases after a couple were travelling round the country for 10 days or so undiagnosed

Hope it's not extended to Belgium yet, as we are playing Club Brugge tomorrow...

Thursday nights is for EastEnders or Corrie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Just thinking how will anyone be confirmed here if everyone if being told to self isolate....

A

Well I’m 6 days home from Cambodia, in a heap with a flu and aches and pains all over, in bed freezing and sweating, now all day have like a lump in my throat. No trouble breathing unless I lie down.
    But it’s just the flu even though national rate is baseline and I haven’t come into contact with anyone hardly at all with.
    Pointless going to the doctor and the helpline they set up when I called said call back if it gets worse. Still have the runs too. Wish that would stop.

How much worse though? Our government and media seem to be pretending it isn’t happening here.
    Despite cancelling the Rugby?
    Wtf is goin on?
    Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Another good hygiene practice is BBE or bare below elbow.

Wear sleeves to the elbow, no rings with stones, no nail polish. Much easier to clean deeper.

For every 2-3 times you sanitise your hands, use a good hand cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

conor05 wrote: »
    Was thinking this morning where would the best place in Ireland, Europe and the world be to hide from Coronavirus?

Graces Island.. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It does seem real but it does not contain anything we don't already know.

No people sick.

Sorry for doubting the poster but I am on mod instructions we will not be sharing internal school communication.

Students were indeed in the infected area all are back non are sick.
    Following HSE advice good love them.

Again sorry to the student I though he was a troll I was wrong.:)

You asked whether he used a special minivan to get to school.

This is very disappointing CinemaGuy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Defo a student alright he sent me a pic of his year book. Sounds like he's just worried which is understandable.

So many trolls here sorry I doubted a genuine worried poster.

Anyway he is deleting his posts so his school does not try and trace him which I think is wise he got the message out.:)

People coming back from infected areas without being isolated and this is HSE guidelines.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This isn't the rugby forum. If you have a problem with my opinion i welcome different opinions but please don't be calling me a troll because you don't agree.

I was not calling you a troll. Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Such as?

We've been through foot and mouth disease, swine flu, bird flu, SARS. We'll go through this like we went through the others and it will die down in a few months.

Why? You have absolutely nothing to base this on. Nothing.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You asked whether he used a special minivan to get to school.

This is very disappointing CinemaGuy

I know sorry.

We have had two false reports on here already today from Twitter.

Anyway our scepticism did him a favour by putting the breaks on no personal or traceable info leaked online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Runaways wrote: »
    Well I’m 6 days home from Cambodia, in a heap with a flu and aches and pains all over, in bed freezing and sweating, now all day have like a lump in my throat. No trouble breathing unless I lie down.
    But it’s just the flu even though national rate is baseline and I haven’t come into contact with anyone hardly at all with.
    Pointless going to the doctor and the helpline they set up when I called said call back if it gets worse. Still have the runs too. Wish that would stop.

How much worse though? Our government and media seem to be pretending it isn’t happening here.
    Despite cancelling the Rugby?
    Wtf is goin on?
    Ugh

rough dose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Such as?

The first symptoms are respitory and take affect between 2 to 14 days of infection so just be vigilant of people coughing in you vicinity.

I'm talking about schools, universities, libraries, churches, shopping malls, airports, train stations etc...where people congregate.

Its a common sense...it costs little...and it could make a real difference

Not doing so is stupidity. I suspect many posters have not lived or worked outside Ireland and truly don't understand how things work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Anyway he is deleting his posts so his school does not try and trace him which I think is wise he got the message out.:)

People coming back from infected areas without being isolated and this is HSE guidelines.:rolleyes:

The question is. Will Irish people self isolate. Even with symptoms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

tillyfilly wrote: »
    rough dose?

Hope so.

HSE will have a lot to answer for in a few days in my opinion. They seem more interested in averting genuine worry than informing people of proper precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I'm talking about schools, universities, libraries, churches, shopping malls, airports, train stations etc...where people congregate.

Its a common sense...it costs little...and it could make a real difference

Not doing so is stupidity. I suspect many posters have not lived or worked outside Ireland and truly don't understand how things work.

DCU installed 70 hand sanitiser stations throughout the campus over 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

another whistle blower taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The question is. Will Irish people self isolate. Even with symptoms?

I dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Latest images out of Italy

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b2d9ed5036bf19263f2a7fb4a3ea56ab37889149&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Government formation should suspend for 6 months and they should work on a cross party basis for preventative measures.

The health system is ****ed and far from capable of dealing with it because of successive FF and FG Governments. Let them fall further on their swords.

A serious outbreak of this in Ireland will signal the end of the HSE and FG and FF who will probably merge with maybe 15-20 seats between them. The HSE exists as a glorified social employment scheme for FF cronies who got jobs for life between 2002-2007 on massive salaries to do absolutely nothing at all.

It is kept barely functional by semi-slave migrant medical staff from the Mid-East and Philippines, nothing gets done without Union consent and it is run entirely for the benefit of its own corrupt administrators and quango cronies. 10,000 - 30,000 staff to be fired from it wouldn't hardly go noticed. It drains the state coffers each year to the tune of around €20billion.

The public sector Healthcare cannot function as it currently stands despite record levels of funding, it is like a wart on society which needs to be cut off. Privatise it would be my own nuclear option or else ban trade unions from all walk of Public employment. Having a Public sector job for life should be wort a 20-25% pay drop immediately due to job security, instead these useless individuals get above and beyond the private sector. Look at the NHS where Nurses barely earn £20k a year in comparison.

The difference between public and private is massive yet the only difference is trade unions. The Covid-19 crisis here will be some serious disaster in this country and we will probably come out the most damaged in the developed world.

lawred2 wrote: »
    I was not calling you a troll. Jeez.

Yeap I realised that and acknowledged it at the time. My bad, I picked the post up incorrectly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looks like the German surge in cases has started. Imagine there will be a lot more tomorrow

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232796412431171585

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Why? You have absolutely nothing to base this on. Nothing.

I just based it on swine flu, bird flu and SARS which were all flu viruses like the coronavirus so yeah, I did actually base it on something. Read the post.

But stick to being an alarmist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

HSE will have a lot to answer for in a few days in my opinion. They seem more interested in averting genuine worry than informing people of proper precautions.

Fully agree with you. It is the usual response - the HSE is utterly not fit for purpose, doesn't know how to deal with this. Likely the first cases will be confirmed tomorrow, and they will have the usual pretentious doctors on RTE saying in their usual patronising tone that there is nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tenor.gifPakistan now reporting cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

conor05 wrote: »
    Was thinking this morning where would the best place in Ireland, Europe and the world be to hide from Coronavirus?

Antarctica!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement