Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The question is. Will Irish people self isolate. Even with symptoms?

I think we already know the answer to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I just based it on swine flu, bird flu and SARS which were all flu viruses like the coronavirus so yeah, I did actually base it on something. Read the post.

But stick to being an alarmist.

He is not being an alarmist.

God would you ever educate yourself about other countries. Ireland is not the centre of the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    Antarctica!

Can you imagine if one of those research bases gets it? Will be worse than cruise ship.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

tillyfilly wrote: »
    another whistle blower taken down?

Not really all the information he wanted to get out he did.

His information is verified and real without leading back to that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DCU installed 70 hand sanitiser stations throughout the campus over 2 weeks ago.

We still have the hand sanitizers in UCC from the time of the swine flu - they just refilled them again a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hainan airlines runs direct flights from china to Dublin airport twice a week since early February.

Nothing to do with what you posted

https://fora.ie/hainan-airlines-dublin-china-flights-4762493-Aug2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

DCU installed 70 hand sanitiser stations throughout the campus over 2 weeks ago.

That's what I am talking about ...a smart move

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I just based it on swine flu, bird flu and SARS which were all flu viruses like the coronavirus so yeah, I did actually base it on something. Read the post.
    But stick to being an alarmist.

No they arent. You are totally misinformed.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    Antarctica!

go to Antarctica, start afresh, you could be the Emperor of the penguins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Looks like the German surge in cases has started. Imagine there will be a lot more tomorrow

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232796412431171585

I’d bet real money it’s here and we’re purposefully just not testing for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hopefuly the surge in Italy is as much to do with the amount of testing they're doing as anything. The downside to that is if other places did the same, they'd probably have similar numbers. So on the one hand, it's probably everywhere. On the other we're still here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I think we already know the answer to that.

I think no matter what advice the HSE or the Gubberment give. People with symptoms will still go off to work, pub and shops out of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

ReneeCali wrote: »
    He is not being an alarmist.

God would you ever educate yourself about other countries. Ireland is not the centre of the universe.

I don't live in Ireland anymore and I travel across Europe every week.

Ireland is no better or worse than any other country.

There are hand sanitizers at every airport I travel through.

Why should the government pay to have hand sanitizers in churches?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if one of those research bases gets it? Will be worse than cruise ship.

I'm going outside; I may be some time...

I think no matter what advice the HSE or the Gubberment give. People will still go off to work, pub and shops out of ignorance.

Oh I completely agree. We are a very self centered nation. "I'm alright Jack" wouldn't look out of place on our flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Looks like the German surge in cases has started. Imagine there will be a lot more tomorrow
    Once it gets to about 20, it's a long battle. Simply too much detailed trace back required to account for all interaction risks, instead plan ahead:
    Germany, which has around 20 cases, said it was already impossible to trace all chains of infection, and Health Minister Jens Spahn urged regional authorities, hospitals and employers to review their pandemic planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Might be a stupid question, but if you get this virus and come out the other side of it , can you just catch it again or will you be more immune to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

NIMAN wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question, but if you get this virus and come out the other side of it , can you just catch it again or will you be more immune to it?

Not sure but I’ve heard of relapses.

it supposedly kills the second time around more often

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The question is. Will Irish people self isolate. Even with symptoms?

No. Many won't they'll say it's a cold or nothing to worry about. They're too busy or too important or something etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How did the world beat SARS?

And will we be able to beat this one the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

fr336 wrote: »
    Hopefuly the surge in Italy is as much to do with the amount of testing they're doing as anything. The downside to that is if other places did the same, they'd probably have similar numbers. So on the one hand, it's probably everywhere. On the other we're still here.

We'll be grand so. We're not doing any testing so won't have any cases. Job done and ye can all go home now. Panic over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

How did the world beat SARS?

And will we be able to beat this one the same way?

This appears to be an order of magnitude larger in terms of its spread, either because it is genuinely more infectious and / or it got a head start. We’re going to contain till we can cure I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Every morning/afternoon I get on a packed dublin bus I feel like those fella's in Chernobyl who had to go into the flooded underground tunnels to turn off the valves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

tillyfilly wrote: »
    it supposedly kills the second time around more often

I know what you mean but there is funny way of reading this also.:D

Honestly all joking aside I've followed this story very closely since it broke and even though I'm prepared for it as much as possible I'm genuinely worried for what this will do to our country IF it is aggressive as in Wuhan. People simply haven't researched the sheer effort China has put into stopping this it really has been a war time level of dedication to stopping it.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I'll gladly have the p1ss ripped out of me.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Honestly all joking aside I've followed this story very closely since it broke and even though I'm prepared for it as much as possible I'm genuinely worried for what this will do to our country IF it is aggressive as in Wuhan. People simply haven't researched the sheer effort China has put into stopping this it really has been a war time level of dedication to stopping it.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I'll gladly have the p1ss ripped out of me.

is the virus not still spreading in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So everybody’s goes skiing in Northen Italy in February :( ???

The kids with the climate change placards all jet off to hit the slopes it seems!
    Climate emergency must be over so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a good question and I saw it asked on one of the BBC's pages. The answer they gave was:
    Nobody knows for sure. Initially you would expect the body to remember how to fight the virus, but this "memory" can wane, and it is uncertain how long any protection might last.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement