Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Amazing that people here still rattle on how it's all grand and completely ignore the capacity issues we'd face in the hospitals if even a handful of cases needed care.
    Yes we know your hopelessly ignorant, stop trying to convince us not to prepare. God it's like those people who drive into the mountains to look at snow, then get stuck. Do us all a favour and just go back to bed.
    seriously such crap should be moved to conspiracy or whatever extremist survivalist group there is on boards. handful people die each week of flu and your still above ground :cool::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

NIMAN wrote: »
    A lot of them do.
    I find especially FB users. They will believe any old nonsense.

True When Donald Trump and Sinn Fein get he most votes due to social media manipulation we are in scary times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-51665704

They will update here

Bet it’s a student back from a school trip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

fritzelly wrote: »
    Exploding everywhere now - armageddon incoming

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233098575774670853

11 new cases is exploding?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

fr336 wrote: »
    What do you base this on other than blind hope? I'm the same, I hope it to be the case. But why is Italy such a hot spot and now potentially Germany ticking up the numbers? Everything's great until it isn't.

Were an island nation like the UK with less connections to europe than they have. We have a similar health system setup and a lower pop density which will help but thats slightly moot as any cases that appear here will likely be in dublin. Logic would suggest that it will play out here similar to how it has in most of europe. I think we'd handle it a lot better than the italians tbh. Ireland is a lot better organised and pro active at government level (hard to believe but true)

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »

He's just trollin' ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Northern Ireland? That'll be this thread gone completely mental then. I'm off to the pub, will do my best not to catch coronavirus when I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

New cases being confirmed every hour. 14 new cases just confirmed in northwest Germany bordering the Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jaysus, Europe going from no domestic cases less than a week ago to hundreds being discovered and constantly increasing - yes that is exploding
    Put your head back in the sand

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

• Advertisement

If it's in the north you would imagine it's certainly here as well given the number of connections in and out of the country.

Be interesting to see the track of the person...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

MadYaker wrote: »
    The HSE told me that. The advice is simple https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

Literally nothing about them carting you off in an ambulance because you think you have Coronavirus.

People can panic all they like I really don't care just please don't clean the shops out again ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've said this a million times already. I'll say it again.

The flu death rate takes into account an estimate for unconfirmed infections, hospitalisations and deaths. The number of infections estimated is more than double the confirmed ones. This number has not been estimated for Corona yet. It's far below 2%. Well below 1% I would say.

No they weren't. They were much higher.

I was referring to new infections i.e. a few weeks ago Wuhan only had a couple hundred cases. The Dr in Wuhan saying that they controlled the rate only when they applied draconian measures, if they didn't do that hundreds of thousands more would have been infected.

My point being places like Italy and South Korea or anywhere that gets even a couple hundred cases have been warned that they need to shut **** down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

He's just trollin' ignore him.

The irony is strong with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

It's in northern ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Kinda mad how little there is in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

....Logic would suggest that it will play out here similar to how it has in most of europe. I think we'd handle it a lot better than the italians tbh. Ireland is a lot better organised and pro active at government level (hard to believe but true)

How do you mean “played out in Europe”? Do you mean with daily increases in confirmed cases or do you mean with acceptance that contact tracing is no longer possible and community spread is likely occurring.

As for your comment regarding Irelands efficient and effective government, haha haha, hahahahah... I’ve lived in Italy, have you? In Italy trains arrive on time, buses too... it’s really f**king weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It's up North now. Will be reported shortly. Will be in Dublin soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looking like it's rampant throughout Italy

givyjoe wrote: »
    Literally nothing about them carting you off in an ambulance because you think you have Coronavirus.

So what do you think will happen if you ring your doctor and tell him you have symptoms and you were recently in a area that was affected? Use your head ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

We're screwed

No. We’re really not. The vast majority of people won’t even be infected. Let alone at severe risk

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Hoboo wrote: »
    I'd consider my reading and comprehension of graphs to be pretty good, that to me makes no sense.

The Y axis is saying almost 1800 confirmed cases to date, yet X is claiming 48 new cases in the last 8 days from almost zero confirmed cases.

Where'd you get that so I can have a read? Cheers

Edit: I'm guessing they had tested 1500 plus and confirmation only happened over the last 8 days

The red numbers are deaths. The blue bars are daily new cases. Add up the blue bars and you get the blue line graph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

One case confirmed in NI

Just confirmed on the radio. Press conference on bbc radio NI shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

1 case confirmed in Northern Ireland. Just announced on RTE.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Kinda mad how little there is in Africa.

Most of the countries in Africa don't have the means to test properly sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

...and so it begins...

Looking like it's rampant throughout Italy

They haven't done a bad job imo but it likely will be for another week or so, then we should see new cases start dropping. It's like a smaller scale version of what happened in China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

People in this thread are very ignorant of the fact that even if they get it and have mild like flu symptoms they can pass it on to others and elderly people who it is very serious for. I wonder would they be so blase if their parents or grandparents got it?

It's a very very serious virus that could have massive social and economic impact not to mention kill many people here.

No idea why they don't care

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement