Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Runaways wrote: »
    How many visitors to Dublin specifically for paddy’s? Gotta be around 100,000 right?

They have to cancel it or we could easily become the next hotspot
    i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

We can cancel it all we want. People may still come if flights/boats/trsins/hotels ect all booked.

Exactly. If someone has paid alot of money to come they still will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If its in the North then its in Ireland.

Is this speculation on the virus or a party political broadcast for Sinn Fein?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hold on...
    At a media briefing, Northern Ireland’s Public Health Agency (PHA) confirmed testing of a patient had resulted in a presumptive positive test for coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

MD1990 wrote: »
    fair to say this is going to be a year from hell unless some miracle happens

Maybe the internet will go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

MadYaker wrote: »
    So what do you think will happen if you ring your doctor and tell him you have symptoms and you were recently in a area that was affected? Use your head ffs.

I'm using it, hence picking apart your nonsense posts, full of inaccuracy and delusion.

I'd say in 24hrs.

There was 200 people on that flight from Italy. They've potentially been infected and brought it elsewhere.

I suspect that the Irish Government and HSE knew this was coming down the tracks the last couple of days
    I would say you are right. We need to put the pressure on the govt ..threaten and moan like only Irish people can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

If they pope dies from Corona virus would the north be split in its reaction?
    https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-francis-sick-a-day-after-supporting-coronavirus-sufferers/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The Northern Ireland one,

Is it a protestant virus or a Catholic virus?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Is this speculation on the virus or a party political broadcast for Sinn Fein?

Does the coronavirus recognise jurisdictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hold on...

Cue EastEnders duff duff music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

You'd swear it was the end of the world by reaction here. Its been in Uk for weeks with hardly any impacts. Still flying everywhere, schools open, public transport running and life going on as normal

Get on with you lives. Take necessary precsuction. Dont worry

You'd swear it was the end of the world by reaction here. Its been in Uk for weeks with hardly any impacts. Still flying everywhere, schools open, public transport running and life going on as normal

meanwhile the virus gathers strength

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I’m a full 6 days back from Cambodia I’m in a jocker and have like a grip on my throat as well as all the flu symptoms.

Called the HSE line and they’ll call me back in 24 hours stay in bed.

Great work lads.

Seems to be ‘if we don’t test people here, we won’t have any cases. Huzzah!’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Does the coronavirus recognise jurisdictions?

Not sure. Don't think it's been determined yet whether it's Republican or Unionist.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

France:

"Health ministry director, Jerome Salomon, said out of the 38 cases, two people had died, 12 were cured and 24 were hospitalised, two of those being in a “serious condition”."

Those figures for serious cases and deaths seem quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

:pac:

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    France:

"Health ministry director, Jerome Salomon, said out of the 38 cases, two people had died, 12 were cured and 24 were hospitalised, two of those being in a “serious condition”."

"Cured"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hold on...

All positive cases need to be verified by a second test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Runaways wrote: »
    I’m a full 6 days back from Cambodia I’m in a jocker and have like a grip on my throat as well as all the flu symptoms.

Called the HSE line and they’ll call me back in 24 hours stay in bed.

Great work lads.

Seems to be ‘if we don’t test people here, we won’t have any cases. Huzzah!’

They've tested loads of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Northern Ireland one,

Is it a protestant virus or a Catholic virus?

FB_IMG_1468862930981.jpg.3df8e15532da7951af92462453ebf8d9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Whilst I dont agree with panic, its not the same as when the UK got cases a few weeks ago. This is now rampant across Europe and will likely spread through Ireland rapidly over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

fritzelly wrote: »
    Sweden - 5 new cases
    France - 20 new cases

All grand - it's under control, go back to normal duties :rolleyes:

This is what we'll keep hearing from the same ostriches over and over. "Ah sure it's only 5 or 20, then it'll be "ah sure it's only 100" and so on and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't swim in the sea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

France:

Depends on age and health issues. If they were all young and in good health its very high but I doubt they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

tillyfilly wrote: »
    meanwhile the virus gathers strength

And people joking about it like children.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

France:

I'd imagine the reason for the high rate of hospitalizations, is that the bloke this can be traced back to spent 6 days in hospital before being diagnosed. So was probably infecting sick people already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Whilst I dont agree with panic, its not the same as when the UK got cases a few weeks ago. This is now rampant across Europe and will likely spread through Ireland rapidly over the next few weeks.

It's the same virus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement