Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Chief medical officer in NI
    "person did not attend their general practice and self-isolated. He said he is confident that the PHA and the health service are "on top" of dealing with the case."

Good at least the person followed advice and self isolated. Massively reduces the chances of more cases.

My question is should people from the North of Italy be 'self-isolating' in that region and not leaving it unless they have a very good reason to, which I doubt this guy did...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Stewball

I'm going to watch Matt Damon in Contagion tonight to ease my sense of panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Also Kuwait has a rake of cases and thats not exactly Antarctica

I've heard it's humidity rather than heat that affects it.

Let's be real here, unless we find a vaccine quick schtyle, you'd wanna be flexing that immune system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Just got back from Lidl. If any of you haven't been to the shops yet get down there now. The staples were barely left on the shelf. It's mostly just that weird polish stuff left.

Home now and have boarded up the windows and doors. The family are safely inside and we have enough polish pickled cabbage and sausages to see us through to June.

Where do you live? Why do you need staples?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

200 people on the flight though. This will get bad quickly.
    Further quotes

"He said he did not want to cause undue alarm, saying that people had casual contact with the person are not at high risk of contracting the virus."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

We are a small country hopefully this can help with containment. People now need to be accountable for their own decisions regarding travel/containment and staying at home if ill etc. Can just stay blaming the HSE

• The mass hysteria in here is quite an incredible read

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Poeple have got this coming back from Italy (probably on planes) and as far as I know haven't infected the whole plane or even one other person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Further quotes

"He said he did not want to cause undue alarm, saying that people had casual contact with the person are not at high risk of contracting the virus."

Well hes talking bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Way-hay bitches! I am back after my self imposed week long ban. How are ye all doing!?! How are the stress levels?

My update:

Total cases in Republic of Ireland: 0
    Total deaths in ROI to date: 0
    Total people stockpiling: 57,820 (up a lot)
    Total people with immunodeficiency from eating too much canned food and noodles: 57 (up 57)
    Trending words and phrases: LOCKDOWN, Pandemic, It's not the bloody flu!, Commie Chinese bastards, zombie, close the borders, United Ireland

I don't know what ye have been doing all week but I have been stockpiling like a mad man. I have enough food to last until 2022.
    I also joined a hunting club and bought a double barrel shotgun. I am trying to buy a crossbow on the internet.

It's very worrying. Not an overreaction.

That's very nice for you.

I have a friend with a very compromised immune system due to other illnesses.
    If she got this virus, I would suspect that she wouldn't be able to recover and I'm sure that somewhere along the line of transmission there'd be some selfish arsehole joking about how he got it and it was only a cold and few sniffles for him. It could be someone who came back from a holiday in an affected area who had some initial symptoms but fucked if that was going to deter them for going for their weekly Tuesday pints down the local. Because they are full-time mad bastards like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another 6 new cases in Spain - there's my plans for March out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'd imagine it would be people in his immediate vicinity who would be most at risk. I don't think he was breathing on the pilot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Where do you live? Why do you need staples?

I'm not telling you where I live. It's every man for himself at this stage.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd imagine it would be people in his immediate vicinity who would be most at risk. I don't think he was breathing on the pilot.

People sitting beside him.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Coronavirus: Northern Ireland confirms first case of disease

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-northern-ireland-confirms-first-case-of-disease-11944791

Now it's official: we are f***ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

⚠ CORONA ADVISORY ⚠
    The Symptoms of the Corona Virus are:
    1. Sweating
    2. Weakness
    3. Diarrhoea
    4. Stomach Pain
    Basically the same kind of feeling you get when you see your other half checking your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My question is should people from the North of Italy be 'self-isolating' in that region and not leaving it unless they have a very good reason to, which I doubt this guy did...

Arseholes wont self isolate themsevles, I can assure you there's Irish people on their way to Northern Italy as we speak

Imagine if we'd had the foresight to turn back flights from Italy last week, would have bought us a lot of time.

But sure, lookit, No else was doing it. We're part of the EU and such bollocks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

That's very nice for you.

I have a friend with a very compromised immune system due to other illnesses.
    If she got this virus, I would suspect that she wouldn't be able to recover and I'm sure that somewhere along the line of transmission there'd be some selfish arsehole joking about how he got it and it was only a cold and few sniffles for him. It could be someone who came back from a holiday in an affected area who had some initial symptoms but fucked if that was going to deter them for going for their weekly Tuesday pints down the local. Because they are full-time mad bastards like.

Yeah yeah heard it all before.

So you think the best reaction for your friend is to scare the living daylights out of them and tell them to stockpile food and post stuff like this utter nonsense below?
    fair to say this is going to be a year from hell unless some miracle happens

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

igCorcaigh wrote: »

How in god's name is anyone getting on a cruise ship after the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Request to mods.

This thread is moving so quickly I cant keep up - Can we make it Boards first auto-scrolling thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He got it in Italy or on the plane back, theres probably a thousand or so who have just come back from the exact same area on flights since the weekend so tell me again why testing at the airport isnt sensible?

How people are still sticking their heads in the sand about this is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The mass hysteria in here is quite an incredible read

It's like Eurovision.
    We're on the board now.
    One point so far from Italy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mwengwe wrote: »
    How in god's name is anyone getting on a cruise ship after the last couple of months.

Ah it’s only a few weeks in fairness

Mwengwe wrote: »

They use the jetty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Jesus Italy is doing some job of spreading this about. It must be even more rampant over there than the figures are currently showing.

Take the number of deaths in Italy - 17 - and multiply by 100 or 200 to get a rough idea of how many cases there likely are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Stewball wrote: »
    I'm going to watch Matt Damon in Contagion tonight to ease my sense of panic!

Matt Damon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

The mass hysteria in here is quite an incredible read

Its a passtime for people id say. The end of the world would entertain some clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Doesnt mean a single one contracted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Damm i am never getting on a cruise ship .... freaking nightmare!! Poor people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement