Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yeah yeah heard it all before.

So you think the best reaction for your friend is to scare the living daylights out of them and tell them to stockpile food and post stuff like this utter nonsense below?

Yeah yeah. We get it. You're so cool. You don't care. James Dean didn't have nuttin' on you

Stockpiling food isn't really going to help my friend as due to severely compromised immune system, she must attend hospital a few times a week for treatment.

But carry on being a mad-lad. You're a great fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Its a passtime for people id say. The end of the world would entertain some clowns.

Unlike the clowns who cry foul over a rugby match being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

cnocbui wrote: »
    Take the number of deaths in Italy - 17 - and multiply by 100 or 200 to get a rough idea of how many cases there likely are.

Divide it by 2 (CFR) then multiply by 100.

So I reckon you're looking around 850 cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Doesnt mean a single one contracted it.

In a confined space. More likely some did.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Supposedly the person infected in NI came from Italy though the republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

fritzelly wrote: »
    Another 6 new cases in Spain - there's my plans for March out the window

Did you plan on being the 6th case in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The Rubberbandits will be ok. I knew they were on to something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Yeah yeah. We get it. You're so cool. You don't care. James Dean didn't have nuttin' on you

Stockpiling food isn't really going to help my friend as due to severely compromised immune system, she must attend hospital a few times a week for treatment.

But carry on being a mad-lad. You're a great fella.

Thanks Donald :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

They should cancel all Paddys day festivities now, give all visitors a chance to get refunds etc. No point doing it last minute, a lot of Yanks fly in for that week. Better to cancel now so they can sort refunds etc.

We need to up our game at all entry points, temperature checks, set up isolation centers in strategic locations.

Aer Lingus, Ryanair and even Irish rail on cross border services should be getting a plan in to action.

It may seem like an over reaction but ****s getting serious now.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mwengwe wrote: »
    How in god's name is anyone getting on a cruise ship after the last couple of months.

Spare a thought for all those involved in the 8 or so new cruise liners in the works to be launched this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

VinLieger wrote: »
    He got it in Italy or on the plane back, theres probably a thousand or so who have just come back from the exact same area on flights since the weekend so tell me again why testing at the airport isnt sensible?

How people are still sticking their heads in the sand about this is beyond me.

What kind of testing would you propose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

My colleague returned from a ski trip in Northern Italy about 2 wks ago. She was mentioning this morn how they had to travel through the worst hit town on way to their hotel. She reckons the quarantine thing is a load of hysteria though. Does our employer not have an obligation to make her stay home? Is the 14 days or so, since she came back, enough time to rule out infection?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

d51984 wrote: »
    They should cancel all Paddys day festivities now, give all visitors a chance to get refunds etc. No point doing it last minute, a lot of Yanks fly in for that week. Better to cancel now so they can sort refunds etc.

We need to up our game at all entry points, temperature checks, set up isolation centers in strategic locations.

Aer Lingus, Ryanair and even Irish rail on cross border services should be getting a plan in to action.

It may seem like an over reaction but ****s getting serious now.

You think?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

tuxy wrote: »
    What kind of testing would you propose?

General knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

My colleague returned from a ski trip in Northern Italy about 2 wks ago. She was mentioning this morn how they had to travel through the worst hit town on way to their hotel. She reckons the quarantine thing is a load of hysteria though. Does our employer not have an obligation to make her stay home? Is the 14 days or so, since she came back, enough time to rule out infection?

Tbh I reckon she's alright (14 days is generally the max, but it can go up to 27)but none of us are doctors here or employment lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'm not telling you where I live. It's every man for himself at this stage.
    TELL ME where you live.
    I want those Polish sausages!

Feck sake.
    Months I've been waiting for the second season of Altered Carbon on Netflix and it came online tonight.
    And I can't watch it trying to keep up with this thread, which so far ...... is more entertaining than the first episode of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You'd assume a lot of passenger who were on flights from Italy on the day are now contacting the HSE themselves to be tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Will this be the first global pandemic delivered by aeroplane? The Pan Am demic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

You'd assume a lot of passenger who were on flights from Italy on the day are now contacting the HSE themselves to be tested.

Did that an hour ago

‘Well call you back within 24 hours’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

The won't qualify for testing unless they have symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Will this be the first global pandemic delivered by aeroplane? The Pan Am demic

This is Ireland it's the Sliced Pan Demic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

General knowledge?

S01E02-kUj3Cck9-subtitled.jpg

S01E02-iP8I1lSX-subtitled.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Kivaro wrote: »
    TELL ME where you live.

Feck sake.
    Months I've been waiting for the second season of Altered Carbon on Netflix and it came online tonight.
    And I can't watch it trying to keep up with this thread, which so far ...... is more entertaining than the first episode of season 2.

Poe dies in episode 3. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Toothbrush moustaches could be making a comeback according to that cdc diagram.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

VinLieger wrote: »
    He got it in Italy or on the plane back, theres probably a thousand or so who have just come back from the exact same area on flights since the weekend so tell me again why testing at the airport isnt sensible?

How people are still sticking their heads in the sand about this is beyond me.

Coping mechanism for juveniles

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Kivaro wrote: »
    TELL ME where you live.

Feck sake.

Walking Dead is the only thing worth watching these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Why did you quote my post and then completely replace it with other text?

Sorry my attempt at being funny re Trump. Didn't consider and will delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

gozunda wrote: »
    Request to mods.

This thread is moving so quickly I cant keep up - Can we make it Boards first auto-scrolling thread?

In the previous thread, i said:
    This thread is going to make a winter snow thread look like a practice run.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Walking Dead is the only thing worth watching these days

That show became ****e after the 3rd season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement