Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

****s just got very real in Dublin, current media blackout... expect some panic..

Whats this about now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

****s just got very real in Dublin, current media blackout... expect some panic..

Rte are normally a day or so behind the rest of the media. Nothing unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How many are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Go on...
    I’m in Dublin and not much panic at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I didn't know that.
    That's terrible, what a shower.

If you're a small business owner with 5 employees you'd probably thank that loophole to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

BloodBath wrote: »
    Why did you delete this Fritz? You realised you were wrong?

Read it as 10% of cases are hospitalized

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1233118606243876866?s=19

I wonder how we would compare on an EU survey.

White.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Netherlands joins the party with their first case (another Italy export again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

It has spreed from Italy to Ireland. Currently one person up north confirmed. more to follow in dublin.

This is going to be a real ****show. Funny thing is I predicted this a few days ago on a post in reddit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Go on...
    I’m in Dublin and not much panic at the moment

Yea cause there's a media blackout...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Its really a **** time to have a lame duck government.

Now having a snap election to get the gears moving again might pose too much of a public health risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Bambi wrote: »
    Arseholes wont self isolate themsevles, I can assure you there's Irish people on their way to Northern Italy as we speak

Imagine if we'd had the foresight to turn back flights from Italy last week, would have bought us a lot of time.

But sure, lookit, No else was doing it. We're part of the EU and such bollocks

Airlines are worse for bringing em, but hey never miss a buck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Is your TV broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My office have told everyone to bring their laptops home with them every day in case they need to work from home at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Fake news without a source. Stop stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

It has spreed from Italy to Ireland. Currently one person up north confirmed. more to follow in dublin.

This is going to be a real ****show. Funny thing is I predicted this a few days ago on a post in reddit.

The one up north came through Dublin Airport and travelled on to Belfast, unsurprisingly as they weren't monitoring those coming in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A media blackout of what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

California is a hot spot akin to Milan

The situation in the Golden State may be getting even worse. Health officials are currently monitoring 8,400 potential coronavirus cases in the United States’ most populous state and largest economy.

https://www.ccn.com/this-is-why-the-dow-jones-just-crashed-for-a-4th-straight-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Of what tho? I guess if you’re not saying anything then you’ve nothing to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

ixoy wrote: »
    A media blackout of what exactly?

Drunk Monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Thanks for clearing things up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Cupatae wrote: »
    Airlines are worse for bringing em, but hey never miss a buck!

Because they can't afford too.

Most airline companies would go bust from several days down time, never mind several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

If your basing this off stupid WhatsApp messages then knowing people working in the emergency services and the Matter where the isolation unit is, theres nobody in there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Funny thing is I predicted this a few days ago on a post in reddit.
    You predicted what? That there'd be a coronavirus case on the island soon?
    Well done, Nostradamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It is, or was, hardly rocket science to know we'd get a case at some point. Many interviewed on radio and TV have said so for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Not inner city. Most people seem to be in great form either going to the darts in the 3 Arena, late night shopping or Thursday night pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

irishgeo wrote: »
    Fake news without a source. Stop stirring.

Is this the 5 cases in the clayton hotel WhatsApp ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sweden are saying one of their confirmed cases came from Germany so it's in full spread now as person wasn't near the obvious hot spots like China, South Korea, Iran or Northern Italy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement