Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

BanditLuke wrote: »

I would tend to agree with that assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Cupatae wrote: »
    Airlines are worse for bringing em, but hey never miss a buck!

Can't blame the airlines they are a business and all business is greedy. It was the job of the state to protect us and they have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MadYaker wrote: »
    So what do you think will happen if you ring your doctor and tell him you have symptoms and you were recently in a area that was affected? Use your head ffs.

What are you yabbering about, it will quickly not be traceable to any current infected country in Europe or the other continents as we will be the infected country. What do you say to the doc ehhhh I got it in Ireland!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And another - how many countries now?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233132922477203457

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

irishgeo wrote: »
    Fake news without a source. Stop stirring.

Believe it if you like. Or you could ring around and see what hotel isn't taking any booking tonight. I'll leave it at that until the blackout lifts. I don't want to end up on the special bus like the poor kid last night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

"media blackout"...meanwhile on boards.ie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mr.S wrote: »
    I know you’re only joking buts it’s crazy how many people on Facebook / WhatsApp think this Dublin “media blackout” and hotel lockdowns are real.

Seemingly is real this time. Not from Facebook I'm not on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Well if nothing else it's brought us all together and given us something to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Believe it if you like. Or you could ring around and see what hotel isn't taking any booking tonight. I'll leave it at that until the blackout lifts. I don't want to end up on the special bus like the poor kid last night.

DM the hotel name and I'll ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It has spreed from Italy to Ireland. Currently one person up north confirmed. more to follow in dublin.

This is going to be a real ****show. Funny thing is I predicted this a few days ago on a post in reddit.

Do you have an idea of the Euromillions numbers for the weekend?

• Advertisement

What’s a media blackout? How exactly does the media spread it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Countries in Europe will be pushed to close borders or implement checks.

End of Shengen?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Are people with flu like symptoms being advised to self isolate or go to doctor??
    My brother has been suffering flu like symptoms since he got back from skiing last week and he is unsure what the procedure is?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Are there any stats for HSE tests for the virus?

Only reason we don't have a reported case is I don't believe the HSE are testing anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

ITman88 wrote: »
    Are people with flu like symptoms being advised to self isolate or go to doctor??
    My brother has been suffering fly like symptoms since he got back from skiing last week and he is unsure what the procedure is?

Jaysus really? Another wind up? If real one assumes he would call the doctor and not ask for advice on boards ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

So this has been asked a lot I'm sure but what symptoms does one need to look out for to see if they might have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Are you going to tell us WTF is going on or are you going to continue to talk in riddles.

What hotel. What media blackout.

Talk man or I'll put out this menthol cigarette in your eye .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It has spreed from Italy to Ireland. Currently one person up north confirmed. more to follow in dublin.

This is going to be a real ****show. Funny thing is I predicted this a few days ago on a post in reddit.

Your powers of prediction are amazing - any idea of the numbers for the next Euro Millions draw. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

My brother has been suffering fly like symptoms since he got back from skiing last week and he is unsure what the procedure is?

Were they skiing in Northern Italy?

Do not go to the GP. Self isolate and phone the GP as per the instructions here.
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/advice-for-people-returning-from-affected-areas.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Media blackout? Quite the opposite. Joe Duffy was practically trying to convince the elderly to find a bunker earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Stop digging.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Because they can't afford too.

Most airline companies would go bust from several days down time, never mind several weeks.

Yes indeed; with cheap flights, just in time supply chains and over dependence on China for global manufacturing, the business world need to reassess our risky strategies for short term gain, akin to 2008.

Sorry for going OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    How many people here can work remotely?
    Is your employer informing you of updates and what to do in case you feel unwell?

I'm an office worker, so have the resources to work from home if needed,but work for a large company.

I'd like to know if smaller firms are being proactive now?

I work in public facing role, boss mentioned would I mind picking up some face masks......... Yesterday..... Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Mr.S wrote: »
    There is no media blackout.

There is no hotel on lockdown. The video being shared about the Guard locking down the hotel is fake and a video from years ago, with the wrong name.

I wonder if someone in China is sharing that video and talking about how bad things are in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I love this thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

It's people like this that would make me worry about it spreading like wildfire in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Your powers of prediction are amazing - any idea of the numbers for the next Euro Millions draw. :rolleyes:

That’s only been said twice already del.
    Dougy will be along to sort you out soon

I work in public facing role, boss mentioned would I mind picking up some face masks......... Yesterday..... Not a hope.

That's a very lame attempt.
    Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Today is black Thursday for the Dow Jones, 1200 point drop !!

And it's not over yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Media blackout? Quite the opposite. Joe Duffy was practically trying to convince the elderly to find a bunker earlier.

Glad to hear Joe's back to normal. He was trying to calm people down earlier in the week. I was getting worried about him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement