Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why are you even posting ****e like this? Does it make you feel important to see your name on boards? You need to get yourself a xxxx...insert your favourite activity.

You OK pal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Why didnt they straight up lock china down the sec this bull**** started. job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I kinda feel sorry for whatever poor bastard coughs on the bus tomorrow. GONNNNNA BE WAAARRRRRRR!

I was in LIDL earlier and a little indian kid was coughing. Needless to say I kept well clear. Well done boards. You've turned me into a racist. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Dow closed down 1200 points.

Biggest drop in history!

It’s incredible that the media (investment focused) phrase it as a drop based on CV fears... I’d have thought it had more to do with business fundamentals such as China being “switched off” for over 4 weeks now, airlines and hotel companies likely to go bust and huge impacts in consumer spending on luxury items (initially China, soon to be the rest of the world)... no apparently none of that, just fear affecting the Markets lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

She’s in the country 48hrs and self isolated which I suppose a bit of good news from a bad situation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

tom1ie wrote: »
    So with the first Irish case, on a Chinese timescale we are now at the end of November. Would you agree? If not why not?

Way too many variables to predict that!
    Resources, culture, travel, climate, governance etc.

All of these factors feed in to epidemiology, not just the nature of the virus itself, which is also uncertain and constantly changing.

It's what makes epidemiology such an interesting thing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yes it's tanking. Worst week since 2008

Nothing to panic about apparently though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

One thing this whole corona thing had flushed out is how the whole country seems to go skiing in Northern Italy in February. And I dont. I didnt even know that you all did. Thanks a bunch for keeping me out of the loop on that one. Frickin furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Irish chief medical officer on rte news just said they'll contact anyone who was within 2 rows on the plane as thats close contact.
    Nothing changes and the person followed all guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

fritzelly wrote: »
    The new virus was discovered mid December time, tell a lie it's 1st Dec (the one without the possible market infection)

No it was the end of November. No point arguing over a couple of days though, so let’s just say the end of November!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sticky?? This thread needs it's own face mask!

True lol.

But seriously, I think piss takers should not go anywhere near this thread anymore. Their posts will fool some people into a panic. Gone past the point of jokes and banter to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You OK pal?

I'm fine thanks, I just find it a pain that some people seem to think it clever to keep posting doomsday trip in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Postponing the rugby game is a real pain in the hole, and a big mistake given the importance of rugby to so many people.

Yeah but you have to balance that against the importance of not dying to a lot of other people. So, swings and roundabouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Irish chief medical officer on rte news just said they'll contact anyone who was within 2 rows on the plane as thats close contact.

And now for sports and weather over to you joanne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea to have a sticky on the forum? With information on what to do if yo have symptoms etc?

And to bank anyone trolling or spreading news they made up by themselves?

It's really not a laughing matter and spreading fake news really can cause a lot of people stress who may not realise the post is complete crap.

Said it days ago this is current affairs not after hours some of the rubbish being posted is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Today is black Thursday for the Dow Jones, 1200 point drop !!

And it's not over yet

Will Trump blame the democrats for the drop like he did during his press conference ??? The world needs a better US president then him right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

130 people in Tenerfide hotel have been released and cleared.
    So the majority WERE NOT infected. While in a hotel sharing spaces with an infected person.

Yes it is worrying that it is here, but this doesn’t mean we’re all F-Ed it all going to get sick. Nor is everyone on that plane or bus now a carrier.

It sounds like this person has handled themselves very well and has limited contact very well.

It’s going to get places, but there’s no reason to panic or to suggest this is going to be anyworse than it has been in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Way too many variables to predict that!
    Resources, culture, travel, climate, governance etc.

Really? Virus doesn’t seem to discriminate. Surely it’ll spread from one person in Ireland to another the way it did in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why are you even posting ****e like this? Does it make you feel important to see your name on boards? You need to get yourself a xxxx...insert your favourite activity.

Excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Dow closed down 1200 points.

Biggest drop in history!

A bit misleading to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Why are you even posting ****e like this? Does it make you feel important to see your name on boards?

why does anyone post anything, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Within 2 rows? Is that the established practice for this?

Anyone know?

So if someone else has it within the two rows they go a further two rows?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

bennyl10 wrote: »
    130 people in Tenerfide hotel have been released and cleared.
    So the majority WERE NOT infected. While in a hotel sharing spaces with an infected person.

Diamond Princess was just an anomaly

And as far as I know they haven't been tested - asked are you ok, go home then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

tuxy wrote: »
    Not confirmed in Dublin yet and I think the population of Dublin is a little under 10 million.

The population of Ireland (ROI) is close to 5 million, Dublin (City and county) has less than 2 million

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've to look at the positives they might cancel The Late Late Show!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Really? Virus doesn’t seem to discriminate. Surely it’ll spread from one person in Ireland to another the way it did in China?

No, social factors very much influence epidemiological metrics like R0 and cfr.

I updated my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Why are you even posting ****e like this? Does it make you feel important to see your name on boards?

It's probably not his real name TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

well, with knowledge, precautions, and not being in a city of over 10 million people, hopefully it won't be just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Within 2 rows? Is that the established practice for this?

Anyone know?

Seems a bit mad, must have been loads of places she came in contact with, surley it would be prudent to contact all the passengers just to confirm there ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

MarkY91 wrote: »
    True lol.

But seriously, I think piss takers should not go anywhere near this thread anymore. Their posts will fool some people into a panic. Gone past the point of jokes and banter to be honest.

I AM IN FULL PANIC MODE/ FEAR ZONE BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD... BUT I CANT STOP READING IT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement