Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

It gets better. The woman with corona then travelled from Dublin to Belfast via train. More expsure. ****ing hell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Postponing the rugby game is a real pain in the hole, and a big mistake given the importance of rugby to so many people.
    The Patricks can easily be postponed. I would suggest that we have it on the 12th of July this year.

Rugby is not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

We've to look at the positives they might cancel Teh Late Late Show!

its meant to be taking place in limerick in a few weeks, that one might be called off at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

fritzelly wrote: »
    Diamond Princess was just an anomaly

It could well be. Also age profile on a cruise would be in the older/risk demographic usually.

We had an en mass quarantine in a an area where the virus has just emerged.And we’ve the majority being sent home fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

We've to look at the positives they might cancel Teh Late Late Show!

They’d go ahead without the audience like during Ophelia I’d say once the guests were well and not displaying signs of illness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Seems a bit mad, must have been loads of places she came in contact with, surley it would be prudent to contact all the passengers just to confirm there ok.

How do you know it’s a she ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Before you post here think about the future Irish and other victims of this virus, your mother , daughter , sister , grandmother , god mother , auntie , niece , step sister , son

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It gets better. The woman with corona then travelled from Dublin to Belfast via train. More expsure. ****ing hell.

Patient zero for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A bit misleading to be fair.

But it's a fact. Biggest net drop in a day in it's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I AM IN FULL PANIC MODE/ FEAR ZONE BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD... BUT I CANT STOP READING IT

Being informed and ready doesn't require you to panic.

Im sorry for my part if i made you feel that way. :o

Be aware not scared. Be positive. Take positive action.

Drink water ...wash your hands three times a day.

DO ..don't worry.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I don’t want to sound like an arse which I probably will so sorry.

Do you think the people infected with the virus who travel to another country and infect that country feel anyway guilty about it afterwards?

I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Do you think the people infected with the virus who travel to another country and infect that country feel anyway guilty about it afterwards?

I would.

Isn’t being called a SuperSpreader guilt inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I would.

You do sound like an arse. They didn't ask to be infected and they may not have known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Source?
    The Agency would not comment on whether the patient travelled from Dublin to Northern Ireland on public transport....The Agency would not comment on whether the patient travelled from Dublin to Northern Ireland on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    But it's a fact. Biggest net drop in a day in it's history.

But not percentage wise. Wouldn't think it even makes the top 50.

You do sound like an arse. They didn't ask to be infected and they may not have known.

No **** Sherlock. I said afterwards.

bit on the rte news now about what to do if you think you have it, seems like they had it recorded and ready to go once there was a case confirmed here...

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Isn’t being called a SuperSpreader guilt inducing

Superspreader with your face in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Source?

The first case of coronavirus has been diagnosed in Northern Ireland, it has been confirmed.

The patient, understood to be a female, travelled to Northern Ireland via Dublin after coming from northern Italy in the last 48 hours.

It's understood the woman travelled to Belfast by train from Dublin.

Chief Medical Officer for Northern Ireland Dr Michael McBride made the announcement during a press conference at the NI Public Health Agency (PHA)'s headquarters in Belfast

Irish independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The hysteria being ramped up on RTE news now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Irish chief medical officer on rte news just said they'll contact anyone who was within 2 rows on the plane as thats close contact.
    Nothing changes and the person followed all guidelines

Wonder did the infected person use the loo...

bit on the rte news now about what to do if you think you have it, seems like they had it recorded and ready to go once there was a case confirmed here...

They did say they were well prepared lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

But the experts they had on for weeks now have been saying it's no big deal at all

The woman with corona then travelled from Dublin to Belfast via train.
    Source?

EDIT: this was about the plane from Italy
    was on RTE news just now, theyre looking to get in contact with people who were seated within two rows of her...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 justme112

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

No hysteria tbh if anything they aren't informing people enough of how bad this is going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

was on RTE news just now, theyre looking to get in contact with people who were seated within two rows of her...

Are the camps ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

One thing this whole corona thing had flushed out is how the whole country seems to go skiing in Northern Italy in February. And I dont. I didnt even know that you all did. Thanks a bunch for keeping me out of the loop on that one. Frickin furious.

We don't ALL go there, you sound a bit Jel there lol. But I reckon you are low level trolling most of the time, enough to get a response, but not enough to ban you. Ha ha.

Ski trips to Italy only apply to the schools where the parents can afford it for their darlings. Doubt you would see deprived areas affording a week in mid term break in the Italian Alps. But as you say no one crows about it, just gets on with it. That's good isn't it?

Anyone else who is an adult and goes off to (on) the Piste is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Can I just technically ring work tomorrow and say "hi, I'm not coming in for the foreseeable because of Coronavirus"?

Like, I don't really care about work but I do care about staying alive and not killing my immunocompromised family members.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What a year 2020 has started to be.
    2019, all is forgiven.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement