Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    :D That was Dr Holohan on the news and it was within two rows on the plane, not train.

He wouldn't even admit she was on the train, that's just irrisponsibe, they've no passenger seat manifesto for a train and I doubt it was disenficted by Irish Rail, if this lady didn't go to the toilet between Italy and the NI I'll eat my hat. There really trying to keep a lid on it all.
    Out protocols are working, I can see him regretting those words very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Video circulating of medial staff in face masks from Galway hospital, someone sick just back from Italy they won't take out of the ambulance.

“Hordes of panicky people seem to be evacuating the town for some unknown reason. Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it’s time for our viewers to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside?”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

There is a difference between creating panic + total incompetence.

I'm seriously worried that the chief medical officer thinks that any virus can only travel two rows on a plane. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The presence of a here to unknown virus should have no bearing on hand hygiene, as in it should be common practice anyway. Worrying achieves what?
    Of course it should be but it isn't, It makes people a little more conscious of using a blooming tissue and washing their hands.
    Some of the stuff on here is seriously OTT though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Before you post here think about the future Irish and other victims of this virus, your mother , daughter , sister , grandmother , god mother , auntie , niece , step sister , son
    How did "son" get onto your list?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What extreme precautions are being taken in Ireland? After weeks of experts telling us that there might be a case in Ireland and nothing to see here.

I agree, our approach has been a bit lax.
    This could and should change though, when it's too late.

"flatten the curve"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

BloodBath wrote: »
    You do realise it's 2020 and home food deliveries have been available for over a decade.

You do realise said food deliveries are heavily dependent on fully functioning supply chains?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Ficheall wrote: »
    How did "son" get onto your list?

Obviously in transition phase

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Are the camps ready?

Mosney is an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

• Advertisement

He wouldn't even admit she was on the train, that's just irrisponsibe, they've no passenger seat manifesto for a train and I doubt it was disenficted by Irish Rail, if this lady didn't go to the toilet between Italy and the NI I'll eat my hat. There really trying to keep a lid on it all.
    Out protocols are working, I can see him regretting those words very shortly.
    If the person got the train from Dublin to Belfast (ie the Enterprise) the majority of seats tend to be bookings (trust me it's rammed) decent chance they would know where person seated and who in same carriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They’ve done the right thing.
    They’re contacting people who are in with the known contact infection zone.

The patient has been quarantined. That is lock down.

They don’t need to do anything else.

They are not contacting all people. Chief Medicial Officer said only 2 rows on plane will be contacted. Wtf? That is ridiculous. Also no info about whether their family are in quarantine. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They’ve done the right thing.
    They’re contacting people who are in with the known contact infection zone.

The patient has been quarantined. That is lock down.

They don’t need to do anything else.
    Maybe there are antivirals in the koolaid.

Crikey.

The Dow Jones index of leading US shares has suffered its biggest points fall in history amid the coronavirus crisis, closing down 1,190.95 in New York.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Mosney is an option

Rather die at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Still flights landing in from Milan and other Italian cities tonight. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

tillyfilly wrote: »

And in other news, that arsehole Senator is the same fella that single handedly blocked the Irish E3 visa bill in the US.
    https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-e3-visas-senator-tom-cotton

I hope he gets the bat virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

“Hordes of panicky people seem to be evacuating the town for some unknown reason. Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it’s time for our viewers to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside?”

Yes, yes I would Kent

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to request access??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yes, you can, but be aware of your employer's policy regarding illness payment etc.

They should already have notified you about this, and what to do if you feel ill.

A poster went up today but it didn't say anything about leave, just infection prevention advice.
    Can you afford not to work for 6 months potentially and ride it out
    My sick leave wouldn't cover it, but I suspect we're not going to be made come in for too much longer.

I think I'll just ride it out for the next few days (presumably when it spreads countrywide they'll look at closing schools) doing a bit of a work-to-rule and focusing mainly on hygiene. I work with special needs children so it will be a high priority to keep them completely sanitary. It's a huge responsibility. If I were a parent I would be pulling my kids out of school right now, as that's exactly where they're going to get it.

Why everyone, young and old alike, can't just work from home, is beyond me. We all have computers.

It'd be nice if we had a government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,658 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

gmisk wrote: »
    If the person got the train from Dublin to Belfast (ie the Enterprise) the majority of seats tend to be bookings (trust me it's rammed) decent chance they would know where person seated and who in same carriage.

Person would have needed to get to the train from the airport.

I'd imagine that for most cases, a bus would be just as handy from the airport. I'd say there are plenty of express ones to Belfast.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Still flights landing in from Milan and other Italian cities tonight. Laughable.
    Have other countries stopped all flights from Italy coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

BanditLuke wrote: »

It’s a localised out break purely in northern Italy.
    Stopping flights from Rome would have no affect for example

Also WHO have recommended against airport scanning and screening as it doesn’t help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think we need to cool the jets a bit now.

Alright it is encroaching, but realistically apart from barricading ourselves in our homes with a bag of pasta and a few jars of sauce what can we do?

Kids need to go to school. School open, ok, we need to get to work, PT working, OK.

Honestly take precautions like much more hand washing or something, but until we are told to go into home quarantine, most will just carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Quick question.
    I have a bar of fruit and nut in my food stockpile, is it OK to eat it now? Or do I have to wait for a Corona case in the Republic?
    :o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Person would have needed to get to the train from the airport.

I'd imagine that for most cases, a bus would be just as handy from the airport. I'd say there are plenty of express ones to Belfast.
    Ah ok true but I thought people said it was a train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

You need to request access??

That's sorted now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Why everyone, young and old alike, can't just work from home, is beyond me. We all have computers.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

gmisk wrote: »
    Have other countries stopped all flights from Italy coming in?

I don't give a hoot about other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You do realise said food deliveries are heavily dependent on fully functioning supply chains?

Jesus don't let that one out of the bag ye madman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement