Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

cnocbui wrote: »

I would never buy stocks or shares. Feck that, if you make any decent profit 33% tax on gain + brokers fees. Anyway I'm not in that league, nor do I want to be. The tax returns would kill me for starters!

Might be good for those who can afford to take a hit, and then a profit, but it's not for me. Was just laughing at the fella sorry can't remember his name now, US guy who was all for buying low and selling high. I think he made a mint during our debacle in 2008. Bet he wasn't the only one either.!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Think it's time claims of new cases need backing up with links from recognised news channels - clayton hotel rubbish has been posted about 12 times in the past hour
    Mods need to sort this out. Any claims should have a link to back it up. Thread is getting ridiculous at this stage.

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Mater hospital has a confirmed case

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Mods need to sort this out. Any claims should have a link to back it up.

The earth is flat.

Link :

https://www.tfes.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

pad199207 wrote: »
    Begs the question then doesn’t it. What can we actually do to stop it?

Nothing. It's too expenses to shut down global travel. A vaccine or treatment is the best case to hope for. In fact this outbreak will likely down down into summer and flare back up next year around flu season. It's not going to disappear now until its vaccinated out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Good point made there by a doctor on RTE, Chinese people take a tremendous pride in their country and protecting it and have all rowed in the same direction to stop the virus

Here we are still making father ted jokes and moaning about a cancelled game of rugbyball.

What do you want people to do ? howld on there till i go out and rally the troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

josip wrote: »
    Is JohnnyFlash with ye?

Hopefully he is and came straight from that now quarantined brothel in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mater hospital has a confirmed case
    Do you have a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

If you're separating your waste properly then that shouldn't really be a huge problem for a few months. Meat and fish waste goes to the pets. If you don't have a cat then you can usually aquire one these days by going outside your back garden with intent. Eggshells vegetation and degradable gets composted. Wash plastic, glass aluminum and use again or store. Flatten and pack down paper as best you can for easier storage. You're not really going to be able to accumulate as much waste if you're not shopping.

I revoke my earlier statements about "everyone" working from home. It's definitely something to consider for those who can. Those who HAVE to go out would benefit from the quieter streets and there would be less chance of idle transmission of disease.

I provide essential care for a relative with immunity issues regularly and I fear that going to work will expose me and, in turn, him. I'm weighing up my options quite seriously.

You lost me when you talked about cats as being a solution to waste meat etc. My one is on a feckin hunger strike because I picked up her usual high quality brand of cat food but not her usual flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

pad199207 wrote: »
    Begs the question then doesn’t it. What can we actually do to stop it?

I don't think we can. We can only slow it.

And that's going to be a massive pain in the gee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Ferm001 wrote: »
    First case in NI confirmed. Woman travelled from Italy through Dublin.

Even the Corona virus won't use Belfast international airport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Most cases coming from northern Italy, border controls need to be imposed now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Anyone else getting the group message on the plan to head to the Aviva for the game even if it's cancelled? As a sort of protest/pissup. Apparently lots of Italian fans are planning on coming over. Got it forwarded from a few lads in the club. Would probably be a bit of craic to get dressed in the jerseys and all and head on the beer in slaterrys anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Time for a 24 hour ban for claims made without a plausible source to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Link or GTF too much fake news on here.

Just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Unconfirmed and can't see anything official anywhere..could be rubbish, could be true.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

After reading this thread it’s nice to see someone post up a photo on facebook of a drink on a table in the Clayton Dublin airport hotel looking forward to their trip tomorrow morning to Lanzorote. People in the background all looking relaxed reading papers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone else getting the group message on the plan to head to the Aviva for the game even if it's cancelled? As a sort of protest/pissup. Apparently lots of Italian fans are planning on coming over. Got it forwarded from a few lads in the club. Would probably be a bit of craic to get dressed in the jerseys and all and head on the beer in slaterrys anyway.

Lock yourselves into the Aviva for three weeks and we will see how many of ye come out alive. Bring much beer.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Apoligies wrong chain...Maldron.

Unconfirmed and can't see anything official anywhere..could be rubbish, could be true.

Nah. It's not true. They are taking bookings for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Staff, albeit ones that are not on duty tonight but were today, have told me that nothing has been confirmed as of yet and any tests done earlier came up negative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

You're sooo cool and edgy Paddy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Sounds pretty moronic

Time for a 24 hour ban for claims made without a plausible source to back it up.
    I think we should have a 14 day ban...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's worse than that - gets passed around Whatsapp and suddenly you have 10 people posting it here as the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Just wait and see

If you don’t have a source you shouldn’t be posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Roight

cnocbui wrote: »
    Hopefully he is and came straight from that now quarantined brothel in Spain.
    That joke story was speeding like we're coronavirus alright lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

gmisk wrote: »
    I think we should have a 14 day ban...

be back in time for the real excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

statesaver wrote: »
    Most cases coming from northern Italy, border controls need to be imposed now ffs

I think it's too late. Bet there are flights from N Italy to many places around Europe and beyond now without restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just wait and see
    That's not the answer readers and posters on here are looking for. If you can't say where you heard this, don't post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement