Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Too late to make much of a difference with this one, but for the next epidemic, there should be global contingency plans for severe restrictions on international travel before it spreads. Basically you should have a very good reason for flying in or out of an infected country...

It is too late but it will still have to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Just wait and see

Saying that the hospital where the infectious diseases lab is- will confirm a positive case at some stage is staring the obvious.

However you said that one had been confirmed now and I’ve heard that it hasn’t.

Can you prove it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's very worrying when the head honcho from the HSE comes on the state broadcaster and plain out tells fibs about capacity.

I’ve a funny feeling you won’t be happy unless this is worst most damaging outbreak possible.

Give it and yourself a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Media ban wouldn’t work here.someones mother/father/neighbors etc would be working in one of them hotels if there was any truth in it and they would let everyone know it’s all boll1x.
    James Bond wouldn’t have a patch on paddy Irishman

You'd be surprised how often there are media blackouts here. News is regularly surpressed with the full cooperation of the media believe it or not.

I've seen it happen (or not seen it as the case may be) many times and if there's a blackout you usually won't get a whiff of what's happening until well after whatever it is has ended or maybe not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Good point made there by a doctor on RTE, Chinese people take a tremendous pride in their country and protecting it and have all rowed in the same direction to stop the virus

Here we are still making father ted jokes and moaning about a cancelled game of rugbyball.

Yesterday you were spreading baseless lies about confirmed cases in castlebar. Now youve been massively over reacting to the news. Take a break from the internet mate. Go enjoy yourself

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

The only ones talking common sense are the trolls on this thread. Put airports on lockdown for a virus with a mortality rate similar to the flu, made up cases in hotels that dont exist. No regard for the economy.
    I think in years to come this thread will be legendary and will provide psychology lectures with great material on population control.
    God help us, not for the virus but the general population who exist and have a platform to communicate total horse@##$

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Gosh I check this thread very often and I seem to miss 30 pages every time I come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Runaways wrote: »
    I’ve a funny feeling you won’t be happy unless this is worst most damaging outbreak possible.

Are you still focked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's worse than that - gets passed around Whatsapp and suddenly you have 10 people posting it here as the truth

Multiply it by 10,000 and you have the reason why Sinn Fein got so many votes on the back of their fantasy manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

wakka12 wrote: »
    Gosh I check this thread very often and I seem to miss 30 pages every time I come back

Don't worry you're not missing anything important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Rep Ireland and portugal are the only west european countries that havnt announced a case as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I work with some Italians, should I avoid them ?

I worked with some Italians a few years ago and found them extremely irritating. I've avoided Italians ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Be thankful for that, very thankful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Anyone else getting the group message on the plan to head to the Aviva for the game even if it's cancelled? As a sort of protest/pissup. Apparently lots of Italian fans are planning on coming over. Got it forwarded from a few lads in the club. Would probably be a bit of craic to get dressed in the jerseys and all and head on the beer in slaterrys anyway.

Having a bit of craic wont be on many people's agenda's at that stage. We will be in the middle of an epidemic. Certain people still seem jovial about this. This isint like a the snow and it just melts away. Its going to be a very difficult few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭bloopy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Please stop posting rumours without verified sources. This is why people panic.

Too late. The rumours popping up here for the last hour have been flying around Whatsapp since early this evening. The panic has already started. The falls in world markets are not helping.
    The virus is not the biggest problem now. The panic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah your not missing much.
    It's mostly people posting unsubstantiated crap popping up on their Facebook or Whatsapp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Jenbach110 wrote: »
    The only ones talking common sense are the trolls on this thread. Put airports on lockdown for a virus with a mortality rate similar to the flu, made up cases in hotels that dont exist. No regard for the economy.
    I think in years to come this thread will be legendary and will provide psychology lectures with great material on population control.
    God help us, not for the virus but the general population who exist and have a platform to communicate total horse@##$

It is the most amazing thread on Boards ever imho. It will provide superb analysis for some PhD student in years to come.
    It does make me think that humanity has run it's course on this earth though. I would really love to know the ages of some of the posters

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

You'd be surprised how often there are media blackouts here. News is regularly surpressed with the full cooperation of the media believe it or not.

I've seen it happen (or not seen it as the case may be) many times and if there's a blackout you usually won't get a whiff of what's happening until well after whatever it is has ended or maybe not at all.

Sounds like ****etalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Runaways wrote: »

No thanks. I'm enjoying keeping up to date on here.

Yeah i'll be happy when my elderly parents and friend with medical issues catch it :rolleyes:

Go have a rest will ya, your heads wobbling a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

wadacrack wrote: »
    Having a bit of craic wont be on many people's agenda's at that stage. We will be in the middle of an epidemic. Certain people still seem jovial about this. This isint like a the snow and it just melts away. Its going to be a very difficult few months.

It's going to be absolutely fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Slow down guys, Im only up to 21.05 on this Thread. Ill never get to the top.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Apparently its in Vincents and Beaumont. Announcement imminent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Are you still focked?

Coughing my guts up and basically resorted to sitting on the toilet. Sh!ts haven’t stopped since I got home. It’s freezing but I don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Are we going to ban hordes of Spanish and Italian students coming over? Every cloud and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Rep Ireland and portugal are the only west european countries that havnt announced a case as yet

There'll be thousands tomorrow after that woman getting the train :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Very scary I must say. Was supposed to be going out on Saturday night to an Italian restaurant but we decided to cancel. You just never know who might have just come back from Italy in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is the most amazing thread on Boards ever imho. It will provide superb analysis for some PhD in years to come.
    It does make me think that humanity has run it's course on this earth though.

Calm down right now and try the rational approach.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

rdwight wrote: »
    I worked with some Italians a few years ago and found them extremely irritating. I've avoided Italians ever since.

They are. Semi dated one once, utterly dramatic, and the hotness is overrated.

Avoid like the plague.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

scotchy wrote: »
    Slow down guys, Im only up to 21.05 on this Thread. Ill never get to the top.

Wipe that chocolate from your face you pig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Apparently its in Vincents and Beaumont. Announcement imminent.

Link/source or GTFO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement