Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Cases at the airport as well.
    The only cases at the airport are suitcases ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

I 100% understand that you cant screen every flight etc coming in.+ dont except screening at airport.

However if someone tests positive on a flight everyone of that flight has to be tested not just two rows.

That's actually incompetence. Of course they won't do it because they cant handle it if say 20 or 30 people on the plane test positive as nowhere to put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would expect nothing less given the quality of your other posts on here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ixoy wrote: »
    I just can't help myself refreshing this thread - it's oddly addictive.

I'm absolutely the same as you the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I hear it’s like having a runny nose and that the flu is 200000% worse.

Also there’s a media blackout because all of Donegal has it now.

No source of course, just wait and see.

Good lad dougy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Runaways wrote: »
    Go look after them rather than this.
    It would do more good. For them at least

Thanks but my friend is in hospital seriously ill and i visit him several times a week and my parents every day.

And please don't be telling me not to post here. If you've a problem the report button is available.

Thanks, Luke

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

appledrop wrote: »
    I 100% understand that you cant screen every flight etc coming in.+ dont except screening at airport.

However if someone tests positive on a flight everyone of that flight has to be tested not just two rows.

That's actually incompetence. Of course they won't do it because they cant handle it if say 20 or 30 people on the plane test positive as nowhere to put them.

You've made the same point at least 3 times now. Will you give the conspiracy theories a rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Some good news for those who were worried about this :

"WORLD RUGBY HAS confirmed that if the Ireland-Italy game is never played then it will have no impact on their ranking points system, which determines the seedings for the 2023 World Cup."

This is NOT fake news. Link and all :

https://www.the42.ie/ireland-italy-3-5024409-Feb2020/

Yeah but how will it affect the 6N points? I’d much prefer we played it, we won’t lose to Italy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Can’t be serious.
    You may as well steer clear of the Chinese aswell if that’s the case

That's a definite. The local Chinese up by us is lovely and the family who run it are great but they are a large no of them and at least one of them is back and forth to China. So won't be going there for the near future. Shame cause they do a quality aromatic duck

• Advertisement

I hear Daniel o Donnell took it back from a cruise ship he gave it to majella and they are both super spreaders in Donegal.

Anyone can really make up any oul sh#te on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Sounds like ****etalk.

Nope, it's true.

Might be some journalists on this thread that can confirm that there are regularly blackouts for certain incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Front line worker here. Am I worried not hugely Except for my parents. Am I booking holidays? No but because I don’t fancy being stranded abroad. There are “potential” cases in nearly every hospital in Ireland. Ours tested 8 yesterday all negative. Letterkenny apparently has the most likely case. Anyway it will happen, hopefully ppl won’t get too sick and we will do our absolute best in the hospitals to try and keep everyone alive.....just wash your fecking hands!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Suckit wrote: »
    A load of cases at the airport

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSvWoL5JuyNn1f4V2CooMX1YNSWQPwQyRqfTdfx7YId3aJnGg0Y

I laughed so much at that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Suckit wrote: »
    A load of cases at the airport

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSvWoL5JuyNn1f4V2CooMX1YNSWQPwQyRqfTdfx7YId3aJnGg0Y

I like it. Brilliant thanks.

But I may be accused of minimising the impact of this virus, but what the heck. Humour helps at times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I heard Daniel O'Donnell is on one of the cruise ships not allowed to dock - here's hoping.
    Majella is not worried

Too slow typing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

27th March / That's now 16 cases of Corona in the UK, with zero people affected here (yet)!!!!

Give it another week or ten days and things may very well change here :-(

Another Nostradamus. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

https://www.facebook.com/445456162136874/posts/3328927983789663/?d=n

A group returned from Madonna di Campiglio last Saturday which I don’t think is in the list of affected regions in N Italy.

I’ve heard a few were coughing and spluttering during the week, could be just a cold or whatever but you can’t be certain. I’ve also heard other stuff but I don’t know if it’s 100% accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

WHO says coronavirus epidemic is at 'decisive point'?
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0227/1117852-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Just for a bit of perspective, even when the disease is confirmed in ROI, the probability of you actually getting it are very low. Even if you do get it, the probability of actually dying is also very low.

Likely to infect 70% of this country in the next 18 mths, 20% seriously ill.If we dont slow it down the Death rate could be as high as 8% possibly. These look to be worst case scenario numbers I admit but entirely possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Yeah but how will it affect the 6N points? I’d much prefer we played it, we won’t lose to Italy.

Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the 6 nations games are postponed also.

pad199207 wrote: »

A group returned from Madonna di Campiglio last Saturday which I don’t think is in the list of affected regions in N Italy.

I’ve heard a few were coughing and spluttering during the week, could be just a cold or whatever but you can’t be certain. I’ve also heard other stuff but I don’t know if it’s 100% accurate.
    Ah sure just dump everything here everyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why are people getting banned for posting unverified claims of the illness in Ireland yet clowns who have been spending the last couple of weeks posting "I hope this isnt true but (insert wild unverified hysteria here)" are left at it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

DellyBelly wrote: »
    That's a definite. The local Chinese up by us is lovely and the family who run it are great but they are a large no of them and at least one of them is back and forth to China. So won't be going there for the near future. Shame cause they do a quality aromatic duck

Back to the Indian so DellyBelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah sure just dump everything here everyone else is.

Thats what a forum is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

tillyfilly wrote: »
    WHO says coronavirus epidemic is at 'decisive point'?
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0227/1117852-coronavirus/

Has been done hours ago here , read the thread before posting old news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

DellyBelly wrote: »

I do a very good Leonard Rossiter

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

pad199207 wrote: »

Jesus Christ this is just 2km up the road! Should we self isolate to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the 6 nations games are postponed also.

Good news at long last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

skimpydoo wrote: »
    As a journalist, I have to say that I am shocked at the lack of evidence to back up claims. What's worse is this new online publication WhatsApp which is worse than the Daily Fail.

I can only thank this post once but I'd do it several times if I could. Not just with coronavirus but just most things that happen. I'm sure my friends and family don't mean it but the amount of "I heard this from someone" I get starting messages as if that's an iron clad source and the stuff I'm told is true. It's one of the drawbacks of social media and technology is that people can transmit info way faster and the info may be complete rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement