Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Do you reckon we might build a hospital in the next 18 years ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,799 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Do you reckon we might build a hospital in the next 8 days?
    Is this a hospital or a Chinese 10 day "hospital"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my daily routine for work, mostly because I'm pregnant. Packed train in and out of town with endless coughers. Work in a MNC with lots of staff and visitors coming from every part of the world. I'm doing the hand sanitizer shebang everytime I touch door handles etc. but still feel unclean :D

Just feel like there's so much risk of catching this and have no faith in our officials to make the right decisions to stop an outbreak.

(On a positive note, we have all our pandemic stocks in)!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ah yeah: ab-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

gozunda wrote: »
    Not that old hoary chestnut?

You better tell that to the Chinese and the Italians who have now introduced screening of all travelers at airports etc

People can be either symptomatic or symptonless. Screening will at least help identify the former.

But fek it that might cost money right? Harris is an eejit.

They’ve introduced screening because the number of infected people is rampant. I’d be quite sure Ireland would do the same under similar circumstances. Right now I think we’re following the right protocols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

800 years and now they take our virus typical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Never seen thread with as many posts per minute than this

showing exponential growth at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Took a while but eventually got through the last 50 pages... Whoa. Looks like the 4/5 people trying to spread panic have gone to bed. What were the numbers when swine flu was around?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Coronavirus patient in the north travelled through Dublin in the last 36 hours. She was with a child.

The child is awaiting test results. BBC

wakka12 wrote: »
    Gosh I check this thread very often and I seem to miss 30 pages every time I come back

I’m at your post now. I hate skipping pages so I’ll see ya next week :D

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    800 years and now they take our virus typical
    Shalllll I tellll yeeee a story 45 verses lonnnng about a virus that deddled and diddled aloonnng

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

BloodBath wrote: »
    I was in LIDL earlier and a little indian kid was coughing. Needless to say I kept well clear. Well done boards. You've turned me into a racist. :p

Any sign of Catmaniac with the axe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

People need to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Yeah not a bother cost about 40 billion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

YFlyer wrote:
    Have a nurse on each incoming flight taken saliva samples of all passengers. Test samples and then notify any positive confirmed passenger.
    You think we should test thousands and thousands of people just incase?

It would take days and weeks to get results with that many samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Coronavirus patient in the north travelled through Dublin in the last 36 hours. She was with a child.

The child is awaiting test results. BBC

Luckily children seem to be unaffected by the virus unless they have a medical condition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Sad part is well all probably die of the pathetic attempts at humour and smart arse jokes and memes posted here yet those posting the crap will be safe in their bedrooms in mammys house cos it’s not like they really ever leave their room and actually meet people.

Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

theballz wrote: »
    People need to chill out.

People need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Luckily children seem to be unaffected by the virus unless they have a medical condition

Can they spread it though?

Oh God not another young adult novel !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Runaways wrote: »
    Sad part is well all probably die of the pathetic attempts at humour and smart arse jokes and memes posted here yet those posting the crap will be safe in their bedrooms in mammys house cos it’s not like they really ever leave their room and actually meet people.

Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

...and why wouldn't they :cool:

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and their health service will have to deal with it, not ours (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Depressing.

Speak for yourself.
    Poor old dougal has a funeral to do and a big crowd expected

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Depressing.
    Sorry this is the English thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

People need to cop on.

Yes people need to put this into perspective we are not at brown alert yet.

We are however on the verge of touching cloth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

gozunda wrote: »
    Not that old hoary chestnut?

You better tell that to the Chinese and the Italians who have now introduced screening of all travelers at airports etc

People can be either symptomatic or symptonless. Screening will at least help identify the former.

But fek it that might cost money right? Harris is an eejit.

Simon Harris is following advice from the WHO and people like the Chief Medical Officer. Have a read of this from NEJM: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001899?query=featured_home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I've laughed so much at some posts on this thread.

Just goes to show we Irish are full of deflection by humour and it is brilliant. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Never seen thread with as many posts per minute than this

I remember a thread in After Hours a few years ago that absolutely blew up.

Maybe someone remembers it. It rolled for ages

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Depressing.
    Here's hoping. Ah no I'm only joking. If 30 % headed on it might free up a house for me.
    It's like the postcode lottery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement