Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

You can be sure Sky will find a way for their cyclists to test negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It's on the BBC website.

Bikes peddling Jesus.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It's on the BBC website.

I just didnt want him saddled as a peddler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't have sambucol...can I use sambuca?

Almost the same spelling, I cant see why there would be any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't have sambucol...can I use sambuca?

It’ll do in a pinch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gosh I check this thread very often and I seem to miss 30 pages every time I come back
    I’m at your post now. I hate skipping pages so I’ll see ya next week :D

amateurs... you can set it to show 40 posts per page, its only 12 pages then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Abba987 wrote: »
    More of a wine lover. Gonna get couple of hundred bottles in tomorrow

Pasta. Everyone is buying pasta. We have moved on from bread

Like you am a wine git. But I have to disagree about the pasta. There is NOTHING like fresh Brennans Bread ever. I think they put some substance in there that is addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Are the Italians still testing random people? If not, are all the new cases ending up in hospital or are mild cases being counted too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Has the world ended yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Le Bruise wrote: »
    They’ve introduced screening because the number of infected people is rampant. I’d be quite sure Ireland would do the same under similar circumstances. Right now I think we’re following the right protocols.

And how do you reckon it got to the stage that the "number of infected people is rampant"

If we could only learn from others ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

How

Bloody showoff.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Will be very interesting to see the figures coming out of SK in a few hours. Yesterday for them it blew up completely with 500 new cases in a country with one the best health services in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

cnocbui wrote: »
    Exercise would likely be better.
    Lifting pints?

Mad thread Ted lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Like you am a wine git. But I have to disagree about the pasta. There is NOTHING like fresh Brennans Bread ever. I think they put some substance in there that is addictive!

Toasted. Massive stuff.

Embarrassed to admit for the first time in my life i have some bread in the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If the WHO are to be believed then there is no large amount of hidden cases. They said it at their conference and was posted in the thread yesterday

Yeah and they also said that meant the fatality rate might be more like 2-4%, which wouldn't be good. We should hope they are wrong.
    A case fatality rate of between 2% to 4% rivals and even exceeds that of the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, which is estimated to have killed upwards of 50 million people. Even a case fatality rate of 0.7% — which means 7 out of every 1,000 infected people would die — is sobering. It is seven times the fatality rate for seasonal flu, which is estimated to kill between 290,000 and 650,000 people a year globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

fr336 wrote: »
    Are the Italians still testing random people? If not, are all the new cases ending up in hospital or are mild cases being counted too?

I believe they stopped testing asymptomatic people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Who does the best rum and raisin bar and who’s selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Has the world ended yet?

Yeah it appears so, only people left on this now are people with a sense of humour and common sense, both qualities only exist together I’ve discovered from this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Has the world ended yet?

4 days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yeah and they also said that meant the fatality rate might be more like 2-4%, which wouldn't be good. We should hope they are wrong.

Could you link to where WHO said it may be as high as 4%. That seems extremely high and personally have never heard anything over 2% being quoted from a reputable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Asking for a friend here I heard that the Corona virus only comes out at 9AM on a Monday morning.

Abba987 wrote: »
    4 days to go

Just enough time to go down to the shops naked wearing a Trump hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Seriously. A bit of perspective is needed on here. Of course people should take precautions like washing their hands and trying not to sneeze all over whatever room they're in but to read some posts on here you'd think there was an oncoming apocalypse.

I realise some of the disaster fantasists will tell me I'm not acknowledging the reality here. I don't care. Ye're away with the fairies.

I'd put money on the disaster fantasists being the same pondlife who go around coughing and spluttering everywhere when ill and prolly don't wash their hands at all or, at best, make a perfunctory effort of washing their hands: perhaps half a second under running water. Go into the jacks in any shopping centre. Only a minority will wash their hands properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

How

thread display options, 2/3rds the way down this page

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

(i'm still on 15 posts, oldskool)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Simon Harris is following advice from the WHO and people like the Chief Medical Officer. Have a read of this from NEJM: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001899?query=featured_home

Harris is listening to the head of the WHO who has lost nearly all credability and seems more interested in shouldering his benefactors than dealing with the reality on the ground.

The head of the WHO has repeatedly praised China for imposing restrictions and locking down huge areas of China - whilst the same time claiming that to do so elsewhere would be not be a "proportionate response" Seriously WTF?

So it is just a bit of a conspiracy now is it ? Ruining our imports/exports/Tourism OK who is behind this travesty!

gozunda wrote: »
    Harris is listening to the head if the WHO who has lost nearly all credability and seems more interested in shouldering his benefactors than dealing with the reality on the ground.

He has repeatedly praised China for imposing restrictions and locking down huge areas of China - whilst the same time claiming that to do so elsewhere would be not be a "proportionate response" Seriously WTF?

He's lost all credibility

• Advertisement

So it is just a bit of a conspiracy now is it ? Ruining our imports/exports/Tourism OK who is behind this travesty!

No, only one suggesting it is your good self.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement