Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Asking for a friend here I heard that the Corona virus only comes out at 9AM on a Monday morning.

1 heard it was 11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

BanditLuke wrote: »
    He's lost all credibility

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

The cavalier crowd are out in force tonight. At least it lightens up the thread a small bit. Tomorrow is another day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

23 year old Iranian woman soccer player died of coronavirus in Qom.

https://www.ilna.news/بخش-ورزشی-7/877856-درگذشت-فوتسالیست-قمی-به-دلیل-ابتلا-به-کرونا;

Fit young lady with no preexisting conditions which is scary.

May she RIP. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

No, only one suggesting it is your good self.

It's the voices.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Abba987 wrote: »
    I would take no risks being pregnant. Id be bathing in that gel 😂
    What are pandemic stocks ?? Ive some good stocked presses in general but what are people getting in as essential

canned food (tuna, fruit, beans, soup, peas, anything canned really)
    Nuts, granola bars, chocolate, crackers, peanut butter
    Almond milk, bottled water, crate of coca cola
    Flour, porridge oats, pasta, rice
    Spices/herbs/sauces

Freezer full of meat, frozen veg, ice cream (why not?)
    Torch, batteries, first aid kit, toilet roll, paracetamol, sanitizer, soap

Alcohol for unpregnant members of household

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Like you am a wine git. But I have to disagree about the pasta. There is NOTHING like fresh Brennans Bread ever. I think they put some substance in there that is addictive!

The don't put it in, it's already there:
    Wheat- and dairy products contain opioid peptides influencing endorphin receptors in the brain. These peptides are physically addictive, causing dependence, asthma, obesity, apathy, ignorance and numbness.
    https://www.sott.net/article/216727-The-Addictive-Opioids-in-Wheat-and-Dairy-Foods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

How so?

See above Bob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Get to the shops now or you’ll be back to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

theballz wrote: »

https://www.ilna.news/بخش-ورزشی-7/877856-درگذشت-فوتسالیست-قمی-به-دلیل-ابتلا-به-کرونا;

That seems exceptionally rare though, perhaps she had an unknown underlying condition. Some young people have undiagnosed heart conditions etc.

PhantomHat wrote: »
    The cavalier crowd are out in force tonight. At least it lightens up the thread a small bit. Tomorrow is another day

Yes people can act serious and worried however that is not going to stop a virus.

If this things gets me that will be time to stop cracking jokes.

The same people who are crying people are not taking it serious now are the same people who said it would be all grand.

Emotional flip floppers.

See above Bob

What do you suggest he should do instead?

The booze will of worn off by then for them hopefully.

What do you suggest he should do instead?

Not going to keep repeating myself Bob. Iv'e been consistent for 5 weeks now, as you well know.

Yes people can act serious and worried however that is not going to stop a virus.

If this things gets me that will be time to stop cracking jokes.

I don't agree with a hell of a lot of what you post, but I respect your dedication to taking the piss no matter what. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

wakka12 wrote: »
    Could you link to where WHO said it may be as high as 4%. That seems extremely high and personally have never heard anything over 2% being quoted from a reputable source.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/25/new-data-from-china-buttress-fears-about-high-coronavirus-fatality-rate-who-expert-says/

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭DaithiMa

Patiently waiting for the #IAmCoronaVirus posts/tweets to start.

Not going to keep repeating myself Bob. Iv'e been consistent for 5 weeks now, as you well know.

Yes but nobody was bothered reading any of you're posts back then.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Have they released the Chinese figures yet??

David Abel has his new videos up.. he's dancing in it looks great. The wife has been tested negative and he's positive I'd say they will be split up now due to reinfection?

That’s great news!

• Advertisement

Very sad and goes to show the seriousness of this virus.

Well there you go.

You've been consistent in fairness to you, but you seem to be basing your suggestions on worst case scenarios. It's easy to suggest that as a man on the street, far harder to actually implement as someone in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

All those people laughing about it only affects old people sh*tting their pants now

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

McCanns, Corona Virus, Lizard People, Weapon of Mass Destruction.

This thread has it all.

I've read plenty of his posts over this thread and the last one. I think they're lacking in facts and bordering on hysteria.

Very sad and goes to show the seriousness of this virus.

That is another thing these two threads have been full of idiots everyday saying this thing only kills old or sick people.

A form of denial.

This thing is not flu and it can KILL you have healthy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

You think we should test thousands and thousands of people just incase?

It would take days and weeks to get results with that many samples.

I seen titrations be carried out by laboratory technicians or scientists. Could quite easily be done by automatic titrate instruments.

You've been consistent in fairness to you, but you seem to be basing your suggestions on worst case scenarios. It's easy to suggest that as a man on the street, far harder to actually implement as someone in government.

It's the job of the government to make tough decisions, any fool can make an easy decison Bob.

Night Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Not really, most politicians seem to be more worried about doing something and being wrong than doing nothing and people dying.

Also many people are concerned about a panic causing an economic collapse, what do they think will happen if we ignore it for so long that any economic collapse ends up being twice as bad due to nobody being prepared?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement