Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

was in an aldi earlier today and the pasta shelves were almost completely empty apart from a few packets of lasagne sheets...a couple of young women behind me couldn't understand why there was none left "i don't understand why there is no pasta. aldi _always_ has pasta on the shelves. why are they empty?"
    they hadn't a clue what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

cnocbui wrote: »
    The don't put it in, it's already there:

there is something in the sliced pans that makes it addicitive. No way back from that additive filled lovely fresh sliced pan lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

fritzelly wrote: »
    All those people laughing about it only affects old people sh*tting their pants now

Yes because a random sportsperson has never died before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I've read plenty of his posts over this thread and the last one. I think they're lacking in facts and bordering on hysteria.

Translation his posts are scary.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Will leave the home from the pub crowd to it.

Evening folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's the job of the government to make tough decisions, any fool can make an easy decison Bob.

Night Bob

Panicking and closing all ports until further notice would also be an easy decision. Wouldn't necessarily be the right one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

BREAKING NEWS

First confirmed case in Holland

Source: https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/eerste-coronapatient-in-nederland-de-ggd-onderzoekt-zijn-contacten~a78c7a0d/

First confirmed case in The Netherlands.

He was out and about in large cities and crowds due to carnaval celibrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ninthlife wrote: »

We should make a list of movies to watch while locked in isolation

The Andromeda Strain.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Yes people can act serious and worried however that is not going to stop a virus.

If this things gets me that will be time to stop cracking jokes.

The same people who are crying people are not taking it serious now are the same people who said it would be all grand.

Emotional flip floppers.

If it gets me, I'll keep cracking jokes. I mean the long term death rate of all people from all causes is 100% so there's no point in being upset about it.

And like seriously, based on the infection and mortality rates so far, I still have more chance of being killed tomorrow in a myriad of other ways. No point in worrying about things that are well outside my control.

Translation his posts are scary.:D

If you have anything solid to back up the kind of claims he and others want to make, by all means send them on.

I'm sure it will be the usual repurposed youtube guff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ITman88 wrote: »
    Yes because a random sportsperson has never died before

Yeah young healthy people were dropping dead the past month after catching the virus

This thread is going down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

bb12 wrote: »
    was in an aldi earlier today and the pasta shelves were almost completely empty apart from a few packets of lasagne sheets...a couple of young women behind me couldn't understand why there was none left "i don't understand why there is no pasta. aldi _always_ has pasta on the shelves. why are they empty?"

I was in my own local Aldi this morning and there was loads of pasta, loads of everything, the only thing taking a hit were the large 5ltr bottles of still water, only a few left and hand sanitizer, not a bottle to be had (they used to sell small ones at the tills).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dlaughingcow

I live in Vietnam and I came back home for their NYE, then this happened and I delayed my flight by a month.

Booked flights on the 19th to visit family in Italy soon, then Italy... well, we know.

Couldn't be anymore in the mood for ice cream xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Roll a joint and relax lads.

Oh had they an offer on pasta??
    I can’t believe I missed that I love pasta Thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We need a poll.

Are we over reacting, or having a piss take.

I'd start one but it's late. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'd someone in work ask me in all innocence had I heard about a flu that had started in a place called Wuhan. No ****.

I've been building up a few bits calmly for weeks and have mentioned it a few times for people to keep an eye on their travel plans...and then this? To be fair we have been watching developments very closely but seems some people are totally out of the loop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Will leave the home from the pub crowd to it.

Evening folks

Wtf does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

cnocbui wrote: »

He also said the fatality rate would be higher in the west as we just don't have the equipment or experience or sheer resources the Chinese have.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This thing is not flu and it can KILL you have healthy people.

Yeah, the flu never killed anyone.

<caution; some of the above may be irony>

I'll take my chances with it. FFS, it's not like the Black Death or Ebola.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

All those people laughing about it only affects old people sh*tting their pants now

Their health system must be dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ITman88 wrote: »
    Oh had they an offer on pasta??
    I can’t believe I missed that I love pasta Thursdays

With Italy increasingly under lockdown- you may have to forgo that!

In other news Guinness parent Diageo warns of £200 million profit hit as businesses count the cost of the coronavirus outbreak due to downturn in China

I reckon they shouldn't be worried - if there is an outbreak here - all available stocks will be stripped for hot whiskeys and to keep morale up ... :pac:

Runaways wrote: »
    Wtf does that even mean?

Means he's been called out on his fearmongering and wants to check out for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Right at your Door is another to watch.

We should make a list of movies to watch while locked in isolation
    Outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Close family laughed when i started buying supplies 4 weeks ago, now I'm being asked what i bought and how long they should be planning for....

Yeah young healthy people were dropping dead the past month after catching the virus

This thread is going down the drain

Evidence of elevated numbers of young healthy people dropping dead??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I'd someone in work ask me in all innocence had I heard about a flu that had started in a place called Wuhan. No ****.

I've been building up a few bits calmly for weeks and have mentioned it a few times for people to keep an eye on their travel plans...and then this? To be fair we have been watching developments very closely but seems some people are totally out of the loop.

I hope for you're sake this person is not your supervisor or manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

YFlyer wrote:
    I seen titrations be carried out by laboratory technicians or scientists. Could quite easily be done by automatic titrate instruments.
    What do you mean titrations? Seen where?

Analysis is performed by RT PCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

gozunda wrote: »
    And how do you reckon it got to the stage that the "number of infected people is rampant"

If we could only learn from others ...

I just happen to agree that it’s a waste of resources to try and test everyone coming into the country at this point.

Unfortunately this will show up in Ireland sooner (more than likely here already) or later, irrespective of tests at access points, so it’s really at this moment more about advising the public on how to protect themselves and others by helping to prevent the spread. A few makeshift hospital beds/units wouldn’t go amiss either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

I live in Vietnam and I came back home for their NYE, then this happened and I delayed my flight by a month.

Booked flights on the 19th to visit family in Italy soon, then Italy... well, we know.

Couldn't be anymore in the mood for ice cream xD

Jesus, please don't plan to come to cork...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement