Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The moonshine hand sanitizer business idea is not a bad shout.

If this lasts another six months, your moonshine business might make the sp500

Mix it with aloe gel, adds 500% pricetag

Edit: put "kills 100% of corona virus" on the label 1000% price increase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If they call another general election FG might get some seats back if they promise to deliver more hand sanitizer

So this is what MLM meant about the pension demographics taking care of themselves.

The only reason to stockpile some food is to protect yourself from the panic-merchants that will cause a run on the shops.

A self-fulfilling prophesy that they can smugly tell us they predicted would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Thread surely part of the Boards hall of Fame already

Get your brennans bread and Dutch gold while stocks last

If they call another general election FG might get some seats back if they promise to deliver more hand sanitizer

I think the shinners would benefit. If there is a run on face-masks and sanitizers ,I'm off to my local shinner T.D. for a balaclava. It might give some protection.

Any port in a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I think the shinners would benefit. If there is a run on face-masks and sanitizers ,I'm off to my local shinner T.D. for a balaclava. It might give some protection.

Any port in a storm.

Wrong thread. The SF bashing thread is waiting for you:D

• Advertisement

Wrong thread. The SF bashing thread is waiting for you:D

Oh Jesus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Just listening to the news and talking about the infected lady going to Belfast. Can she not just tell them what method of transport she took? They seem confused and trying to track down who was in which seats around her on the plane.

Surely that wouldn’t be hard just ask the airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Lucy8080 wrote: »

Any port in a storm.

Like their manifesto (and other things), the balaclava has holes in all the wrong places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Just said it in another thread but the widespread panic about Sinn Fein on boards puts the corona panic into the hapenny place. By a great distance. It’s quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Runaways wrote: »
    Just listening to the news and talking about the infected lady going to Belfast. Can she not just tell them what method of transport she took? They seem confused and trying to track down who was in which seats around her on the plane.

How do you gather that ? They've already said they've the manifest from the airline and are already contacting anyone who was in close proximity.

Of course she told them but they'll do their own work without causing people to panic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

They should just say what flight it was so people who traveled from Italy know if they were on it or not.

I think she’s told them everything she knows. The confusion stems from the powers that be, not her.

I’m interested in when she went to Italy. Had she been there a good while or was she on a weeks holiday? How short (or long) of a timescale was it from infection to symptoms.

Morning everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You probably shouldn't have told us that. Supermacs will be on lockdown before you touch ground again.

Any comment on your posts last night? About the lockdown and media blackout. Genuinely curious as to why someone would post something like that as if you were in the know.

Please follow up on this concerning post you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

It just occurred to me that I'm attending a citizenship event on Monday in Killarney, with 2000 other foreigners (resident in ireland). Presumably many of those may have travelled to their home country recently, ormay have relatives travelling to attend the ceremony - silence from the Dept of Justice on this, so I presume this particular mass gathering is going ahead.

Tip - if out and about in Killarney on Monday, wear a face mask!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

8 confirmed cases here now in Switzerland all stem from people who have been in northern Italy in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

imfml wrote: »
    They should just say what flight it was so people who traveled from Italy know if they were on it or not.

They are not handling this very well, they don't want to cause panic but everyone on that plan should be self isolating this two row thing is a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Everyone can relax, the HSE have set up an emergency info desk at Dublin Airport

q5qzR4O.jpg

Tip - if out and about in Killarney on Monday, wear a face mask![/QUOTE]

That's just basic travel advice that Corkonians and Dubliners have heeded for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

It's confidenalty. Don't panic now lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's confidenalty. Don't panic now lad.

Not really, as the person isn't identified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Can’t do that due to GDPR :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ireland is a country that is likely unprepared and would struggle to contain a widespread virus. Our healthcare system goes into meltdown down during flu season and struggles on most of the year. We also have problems when it snows or during most out of the ordinary weather events.

Yet we are pure flukey at times and will possibly end up avoiding an outbreak by just complete luck. Simon Harris will take credit for nothing , Europe will be jealous, the teachers will manage to score a few days extra off while the rest of us have to keep going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Not really, as the person isn't identified

Maybe em I don't know its for the other passangers they haven't contacted yet.

Just a thought like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Epic Games and Microsoft have pulled out of GDC over coronavirus fears.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-and-microsoft-have-pulled-out-of-gdc-over-coronavirus-fears

I'm very surprised at this. They wont send their employees on a junket to San Fransico. If this is the attitude to travel going around then the Olympics in Japan will be called off.

Everyone can relax, the HSE have set up an emergency info desk at Dublin Airport

The guy looks like a TY student they have in on work experience.

celt262 wrote: »
    They are not handling this very well, they don't want to cause panic but everyone on that plan should be self isolating this two row thing is a load of crap.

Well everyone who traveled in the last week is surely concerned. Why not just have one plane load concerned. Lots of anxiety!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I hope she wasnt on a Ryanair flight where people didnt bother booking their seats together
    .. and then you get the people asking to swap seats so they can sit together.. untraceable unless you isolate them all

The guy looks like a TY student they have in on work experience.

Don't worry, I'm sure he has the necessary qualifications to hand out leaflets.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

imfml wrote: »
    Well everyone who traveled in the last week is surely concerned. Why not just have one plane load concerned. Lots of anxiety!

I think that could be strategic. It's a bonus for them if everyone that has flown home from that region of Italy recently is on alert and extra cautious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

YFlyer wrote:
    So you're not familiar with the procedure used.
    I am. You don't sound like you are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement