Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Doff wrote: »
    Love how people try wind this Coronavirus back to Trump. The man is living rent free in some peoples heads and its pathetic.

Some of the frankly batsh1t crazy conspiracy theory stuff out on forums the ilk of Reddit etc..about Trump and the virus are insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

tillyfilly wrote: »
    A village in Ireland is to make 2.7 million face masks next week, 1000 euro a pop probably if they are smart

Long may the rich live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

How will this help the Democrats exactly?

If the economy crashes he's finished.

Trump lives or dies by the economy.

Democrats got into power in both 1992 and 2008 by tanking economies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If the economy crashes he's finished.
    Trump lives or dies by the economy.
    Democrats got into power in both 1992 and 2008 by tanking economies.

Plus his cuts to funding of federal health \ science programmes won't look good if this hits the US seriously.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

CNN are talking about Trump and Coronavirus non stop.

NYT had an article yesterday calling it Trumpvirus and how it will become a hashtag.

Either way the US press clearly see this as opening to get the democrats back into power.

I think Trumps election chances are in trouble here personally. Its the story the democrats were looking for this year.

Well he gutted the CDC budget so if this breaks out in America it’s directly on him.

Mad the there’s mass shootings they get thoughts and prayers

Outbreak of a deadly virus? Gets 6 billion

• Advertisement

First case in Nigeria... it's going to be chaos once it gets embedded in Africa

In fairness they handled Ebola alright when they had an outbreak okay they got help from the outside world and that may not be available now due to the virus putting health services the world over under immediate and immense pressue. Let's wait and see i'd be more worried about our health service right now.

Runaways wrote: »
    Well he gutted the CDC budget so if this breaks out in America it’s directly on him.

Mad the there’s mass shootings they get thoughts and prayers

Outbreak of a deadly virus? Gets 6 billion

Yeah it's all his fault :pac:

Rent free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

First case in Nigeria... it's going to be chaos once it gets embedded in Africa

Must be like the end of the world there, locusts and all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Cupatae wrote: »
    Ah will you get a grip on reality with your "WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" dramatics, just because im not sitting here rocking back and forwards praying i dont get what for me would be a basic flu since im in good health, doesnt mean im going around coughing in peoples faces or as you so dramatically put it my families...

Whats more likely to kill people is hyped up panic heads, worrying themselves half to death over something they prob wont even see someone get never mind get it themselves

All you can realistically do is wash your hands and watch for symptoms, these masks that alot of ejits are in a frenzy buying wont do **** all.

You accuse others of being dramatic and then post that OTT drivel, in response to a fairly measured, reasonable, common sense post.

PS. Masks can help prevent the spread, but who gives a sh1t about other people right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Plus his cuts to funding of federal health \ science programmes won't look good if this hits the US seriously.

No one cares about that. Its literally the economy he lives or dies by.

Healthcare, racist comments, sexist comments, attacking POW's, military wives, mass shootings etc. None of it matters.

The sole reason why his approval has not crashed is simply because of the US economy.

If that goes he's utterly screwed.

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Yeah it's all his fault :pac:

Rent free

Hardly. It’s a matter of record he slashed the cdc budget.

Means not a thing to me I laugh at the man he doesn’t even worry me

No one cares about that. Its literally the economy he lives or dies by.

Healthcare, racist comments, sexist comments, attacking POW's, military wives, mass shootings etc. None of it matters.

The sole reason why his approval has not crashed is simply because of the US economy.

If that goes he's utterly screwed.

This.

Funny how supposed knowledgeable people don't see this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Switzerland is now cancelling all events/gatherings of more than 1000 people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

tillyfilly wrote: »
    A village in Ireland is to make 2.7 million face masks next week, 1000 euro a pop probably if they are smart

Get the bread and Masks ready! be set to make a mint

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Drumpot wrote: »

. It seems the reason china’s way of diagnosing cases changed was because they realised that CT scans were most reliable in diagnosis.

If this is the case and numbers rise would the government have any sort of authority to get the private facilties with CT capabilities to start scanning? Would see an excellent use or resources and keep potential cases away from hospitals?

Runaways wrote: »
    Hardly. It’s a matter of record he slashed the cdc budget.

Means not a thing to me I laugh at the man he doesn’t even worry me

Oh don't get me wrong so do i but linking him to this as though he's somewhat responsible :D Rent free

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Any news on the media blackout this morning :P

Hang on I'll check WhatsApp :pac:

pc7 wrote: »
    Hang on I'll check WhatsApp :pac:

Some wacky stuff going around on that from ill informed goons.

Oh don't get me wrong so do i but linking him to this as though he's somewhat responsible :D Rent free

It’s politically advantageous for media and Dems to attach it to him. He’s president. It happening on his watch.
    That isn’t living rent free. It’s weaponising it against him.
    Smart move.

• Advertisement

Some wacky stuff going around on that from ill informed goons.

I got caught with a link saying first reports and when you click it it was quite rude :o I had to click a second time to be sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

That’s good news. Is there an overall figure of those closed cases that became infected again?

Ive Read that 14 to 15% of people have relapsed. I dont know if they cought it again or it activated again .

I also dont know if they are then added as new cases or existing cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm in the US also, I am not worried. Firstly, I live in a rural state with low population. But also, in the US, they have the resources to do anything in an emergency, like build extra capacity, that would not be possible in Ireland. Also if therpeutic treatments or vaccines are developed, you can be sure that the us will be front of the line with there political and monetary power, as well as the fact that they have a concentration of talent in pharma and medicine.

The big fear is if they get a bit too "martial law" on us

But you've nothing to worry about there with the 2nd Amendment and your right to PPFfgly.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Ive Read that 14 to 15% of people have relapsed. I dont know if they cought it again or it activated again .

I also dont know if they are then added as new cases or existing cases.
    We need to be careful with this sort of stuff.

There are news reports about re-infections, but no legitimate medical journals have reported the same. For many of these people, they appeared to have been released prematurely. The tests are not perfect. Scientists have also pointed out that it is not unusual to be able to detect a virus long after it is no longer infectious.

Similarly people are jumping up and down because they have read that asymptomatic people can spread the virus. The WHO has said repeatedly (most recently yesterday) that while there is some evidence that asymptomatic people can spread the virus, they believe that the vast majority of spread is caused by people with obvious symptoms. So stay away from people coughing and sneezing (and would those people please stay at home).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Worst day yet so far for South Korea

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233302401949540352

Not sure if posted, can't keep up, Switzerland banning gatherings of more than 1000 for now

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233323610732998658?s=20

Would you lot **** off with your political talk!

Was it a sheep :D

Sorry bit giddy this morning, also skipped about 100 pages of the thread overnight.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    I got caught with a link saying first reports and when you click it it was quite rude :o I had to click a second time to be sure :D

Only fair for eh, clarification purposes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement