Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Can the mods not just ban the witless gob****es who spam the thread with their **** sense of humour?

It wouldnt be so bad if they were actually funny, but jesus its woeful stuff

"Any one got a cold? ha ha, wha? A cold, geddit? ha ha. The virus wha? ha ha"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The Iran situation is interesting. The majority of Iran's cases have been linked to Qom, a major religious destination for Shiite pilgrims 85 miles south of Tehran.” It is also within thirty miles of Iran’s nuclear “research” facility, staffed by numerous scientists from mainland China.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pc7 wrote: »
    Bloody hell the welsh case is an Italian source too, it really is like that Italian area was a hotbed.

You wonder if the initial European hotbed had been in a more 'socially responsible' country like Denmark, would the virus have spread so far so fast. If I was from Lombardy I'd like to think I'd be putting off any foreign travel, even if I wasn't showing any signs of the illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

tara73 wrote: »
    this reinfection is really worrying me.

https://www.inkstonenews.com/health/hiv-mutation-makes-covid-19-more-infectious-sars-scientists-say/article/3052617

they called it Sars2 but it was clear very early it has some major differences to Sars1.
    this development is scary, possibility there it is more like HIV and staying forever in the body. would explain, the 'reinfections' which would be no reinfections but another flare up. Obviously speculation at this point, can't find any good discussion forums about it, are here still any people with some kind of professional knowledge? probably asking too much as the experts in the world don't know yet...
    I don't think it's uncommon for viruses to stay in the body. Chicken pox stays in the body. It can reemerge as shingles in adults which can be much more dangerous.
    Herpes including cold sores stays in the body and reemerges when the immune system is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

givyjoe wrote: »
    Looks delicious.

virus.png

Looks like mince with some (badly photoshopped) mushrooms tbh ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Bambi wrote: »
    Can the mods not just ban the witless gob****es who spam the thread with their **** sense of humour?

It wouldnt be so bad if they were actually funny, but jesus its woeful stuff

"Any one got a cold? ha ha, wha? A cold, geddit? ha ha. The virus wha? ha ha"

Yeah this thread used to be a good way to keep informed, taken over by alarmists and unfunny comedians.

(The picture of cases at an airport was pretty funny tho ngl)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

For people interested in the market,
    Chinese official state that in two weeks since restarting production they have over 70% of back logs cleared,50%witch has been shipped out all ready.
    They reckoned 2 weeks till 100%
    Production is reached
    Sorce cncb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

gozunda wrote: »
    virus.png

Looks like mince with some mushrooms tbh ...

A bit of pasta with sauce and you're on your way, they've been coming at this all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

virus.png

:eek:

You wonder if the initial European hotbed had been in a more 'socially responsible' country like Denmark, would the virus have spread so far so fast. If I was from Lombardy I'd like to think I'd be putting off any foreign travel, even if I wasn't showing any signs of the illness.

It's bizarre. It's almost like nobody knew about what had happened in China and just thought fcuk it sure be grand like. I guess people are very self centred even up until yesterday people moaning about the rugby match being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,385 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ZX7R wrote: »
    Chinese official state that in two weeks since restarting production they have over 70% of back logs cleared,50%witch has been shipped out all ready.
    Production is reached
    Sorce cncb

don't like the sound of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Our hospitals are only short of 263 beds today.

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

:-(

ZX7R wrote: »
    Production is reached
    Sorce cncb

Stopped reading at "Chinese offical state".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

virus.png

Thats what COVID19 wants you to believe!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Contacts of the NI case have been notified.

That was fast, tbf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I have always maintained that to really tackle climate change we need to have serious negative economic growth across the world i.e. less consumerism, less needless travel, less industrial activity, less energy needs, less goods transport, less food variety/imports, less cars etc etc. Of course no government will ever admit this or implement this. Ironically the new coronavirus will reduce economic growth and probably have a positive impact on the environment. I even saw people on this thread reluctant to order anything from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Partly the most problematic is said to be those with no symptoms spreading the virus. That's what I read unless someone has newer information.

When it comes to these diseases there is a fine line between asymptomatic and minimally-symptomatic IMO. A lot of us spend the guts of the winter with a bit of a runny nose, a slight cough, and/or a scratchy throat, but never get close to feeling like we are really sick or needing to visit the doctor. My guess is that this is possibly not being spread by totally asymptomatic folks, but more likely by a lot of people with minimal symptoms (like those described above) who just don’t consider themselves to be ill.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

That was fast, tbf.

Unless they were reservations . Who sat in her train seat from Belfast to Dublin. It would be interesting if they could tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

virus.png

You mean you don't think thats an actual electron microscope image ?

9b3.png

All you guys who I warned to prep ages ago. I bet your sick now. Im sorted.

1582884411829.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Runaways wrote: »
    Love the way people always try make it about trump. It’s almost like they’re being paid to do it.
    CNN and other outlets are getting paid to do it.
    Most rational humans should see past Ted Turner's personal vendetta against Trump.

If a cataclysmic comet was discovered speeding towards earth, CNN would name it Trump's Comet.

Two more cases in England just announced

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Unless they were reservations . Who sat in her train seat from Belfast to Dublin. It would be interesting if they could tell?

Exactly the announcement should come with a caveat of all contacts possible to identify have been notified

I have always maintained that to really tackle climate change we need to have serious negative economic growth across the world i.e. less consumerism, less needless travel, less industrial activity, less energy needs, less goods transport, less food variety/imports, less cars etc etc. Of course no government will ever admit this or implement this. Ironically the new coronavirus will reduce economic growth and probably have a positive impact on the environment. I even saw people on this thread reluctant to order anything from China.

Silence commie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Death Cruise :(
    To be fair, luxury cruises would be heavily skewed towards the 60+ age cohort, and people with chronic or long-term illness.

This is unfortunately what makes quarantine so cruel, but the apparently high death toll shouldn't be considered an indicator of the general mortality rates of the virus.
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Exactly the announcement should come with a caveat of all contacts possible to identify have been notified
    There's a quite a bit of "being seen to be doing something" in this. Realistically the Belfast case landed in Dublin, stood at passport control potentially with hundreds from other flights, went to the baggage hall potentially with hundreds, may have used the toilet there, left the airport through a potentially crowded arrivals hall, got on a random packed bus, went to a packed Connolly Station, got on a train. Etc.

And all of those people have since now scattered across the city. At this stage "all possible contacts" is in the hundreds of thousands if we factor in second-hand contact.

On one hand we have to make an effort to try and stem the spread. On the other hand contacting plane and train passengers is merely pissing in the wind when there are hundreds of other contacts that are untraceable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

givyjoe wrote: »
    You accuse others of being dramatic and then post that OTT drivel, in response to a fairly measured, reasonable, common sense post.

PS. Masks can help prevent the spread, but who gives a sh1t about other people right?

i gave an equally ridiculous reply, "WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT?" where do you people come from lol All we'll have here is old healthy paddy with about 50 million masks "just incase" and we ll have a shortage for the people that actually need em. Its like the bread scenario except dumber.

But cary on Chief buy your masks **** it go all out get the hazmat suit! cant be too careful!

P.s Careful joe or ill be coughing on you next! cause thats what im out to do according to urself and the poster ur defending im just killin people lmao

How could they tell. A good percentage of people would buy tickets at the machines some with cash.

VinLieger wrote: »

That would be interesting.

If they found what seat number she had and took swaps around it. Could they detect the virus now?

BanditLuke wrote: »
    How could they tell. A good percentage of people would buy tickets at the machines some with cash.

Thats the point.

The Independent states
    Passengers on the Dublin to Belfast train in which she travelled have also been notified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

igCorcaigh wrote: »

That was fast, tbf.

Sure they said they will only be contacting people who sat "within 2 rows" of them. Because obviously thats how planes work.

Sick Person buys a drink and hands over cash to steward.
    Steward visits vast majority of people. They are now possibly infected
    Sick Person goes to the toilet.
    Other people use that same toilet and return to their seat. They are now possibly infected
    Sick Person, whilst putting their bag in the overhead bin, moves your bag. You are now possibly infected

I really hope they contacted everyone on that flight, and everyone who got the train she got on. Assuming everyone was registered and pre-paid.

Otherwise if they are stick to the "2 row" rule, thats probably about 10 people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement