Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There is nothing wrong with turnips! An often maligned vegetable.

Turnips are loaded with fiber and vitamins K, A, C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6, B2 and folate (one of the B vitamins), as well as minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and copper. They are also a good source of phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and protein.

What percentage of the recommended daily intake of omega-3 is in a turnip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Can everyone stop quoting the flier please it's a waste of space, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are probably other cases in Ireland. If there are, those who have symptoms and haven't gone to the doctor, most probably younger people who seem to only get a mild version, will be the ones responsible.

Ah there most definitly is only codding ourselves by saying "its only in the north none in this country"

Old people should avoid young people like the plague then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Geneva Motor Show has been postponed by six months, following Switzerland’s ban on large gatherings. Organisers said it had become “increasingly difficult” for delegates to arrange visas, or fix flights to the show, given the escalating crisis over Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I know its a small thing but this market sell off is killing my systems and showing me up as building something unscalable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

odyssey06 wrote: »
    You can keep cargo routes open and restrict commercial flights.
    You can keep routes open from certain locations and not other.

* not saying we should, but we could impose restrictions on some routes etc it doesn't have to be all or nothing

Would make no difference at all, how are people still making that argument????

Say we closed down routes in northern Italy a few days ago, the thousands of Irish people in northern Italy that were holidaying (of which the case in NI is apparently one), would have still have to of come home. They all would have

• Commuted to another airport a flew home through there
    • Got a connecting flight through somewhere that wasn’t closed and come home that way
    • Drove to a ferry in France and come home that way, ect ect

There were thousands of Irish citizens in italy over mid term, are people suggesting that we lock them out of the country indefinatly? Even though few if any have the virus

Has anyone seen the video of the market where it originated from? I think we are getting off light with the Corona after seeing the ****e they were doing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Say we closed down routes in northern Italy a few days ago, the thousands of Irish people in northern Italy that were holidaying (of which the case in NI is apparently one), would have still have to of come home. They all would have

• Got a connecting flight through somewhere that wasn’t closed and come home that way

There were thousands of Irish citizens in italy over mid term, are people suggesting that we lock them out of the country indefinatly? Even though few if any have the virus

What about Italians coming here?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

MaraMara wrote: »

How about because he’s concerned about the other 600 hundred students?

Anyway if you don’t understand it it’s not even worth explaining it to you.

It is clear that if it is true, the principal doesn't have a clue about his pupil's rights to privacy and the GDPR implications.

He should be fired if that is the case. He certainly shouldn't be telling anyone that he is concerned about a pupil's health.

its the only way to stop em.

we-need-to-fb34dec6cc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Dunne Pharmacy Flier

What is the source for this? I can’t find it anywhere including a reverse image search

I received it on Whatsapp.
    I'm not on Facebook, but googled Adrian Dunne pharmacy and there it was in the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It is clear that if it is true, the principal doesn't have a clue about his pupil's rights to privacy and the GDPR implications.

He should be fired if that is the case. He certainly shouldn't be telling anyone that he is concerned about a pupil's health.

Has the principal named the student? If not, pack it in.

timmyntc wrote: »
    The HSE are only testing people if they both show symptoms and have arrived from a highlighted region in the last 14 days. If your symptoms develop after 14 days, you wont be tested. If you got infected from an asymptomatic carrier, you wont be tested. If you caught it in England or Austria or Switzerland or France you wont be tested.

The strict regulations on testing are going to cause a mass outbreak, rather than prevent it.

The more you test, the longer it takes to get results.

If you test widely, you can be sure that the delays will result in one of the priority cases getting loose.

There are risks and balances that need to be considered by the experts. Anonymous internet posters like you and me aren't qualified to judge these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So, how long before laws start to be ignored and we have to rely purely on the good nature of our fellow humans?

cnocbui wrote: »

Yeah they have Breadan Maskman

Dunne Pharmacy Flier

What is the source for this? I can’t find it anywhere including a reverse image search

It's on their Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

turbbo wrote: »
    "On 31 January, the first two cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Rome. Two Chinese tourists, who arrived in Milan on 23 January via Milan Malpensa Airport and travelled to Rome on a tourist bus, tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and were hospitalised in Lazzaro Spallanzani National Institute for Infectious Diseases"

"On 6 February, one of the Italians repatriated from Wuhan, China tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in Italy to three."

"The Lombardy outbreak came to light when a 38-year-old Italian tested positive for COVID-19 in Codogno, the province of Lodi, Lombardy. Previously, he met a friend who had returned from China on 21 January 2020. On 14 February, he felt unwell and went to a doctor in Castiglione d'Adda. He was prescribed treatments for influenza"

I guess stopping flights was a really dumb idea and caused it all. FFS the mind boggles.
    Ok I’ll make this simple.
    No where did my post say stopping travel will cause issues re virus containment/spreading.
    If the ramblings of certain posters on this thread were followed we would be back to 1930’s Ireland from an economic point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

So, how long before laws start to be ignored and we have to rely purely on the good nature of our fellow humans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4m-lNi61Rk

Here's another one to keep ye going..

504096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Paddigol

There are risks and balances that need to be considered by the experts. Anonymous internet posters like you and me aren't qualified to judge these.

You'd think that would be obvious, but then you'd also think that the anonymous internet posters who hop up on their high-horse to tell us all with absolute authority what should and should not be done would display a smidgen of embarrassment at their idiocy being exposed. Sadly, that doesn't seem to happen much. They're quiet for a few minutes until the story moves on and then they're back banging away at their keyboards fixing the world of all its problems.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »

You don't have to name someone to breach GDPR. If there is a pupil that everyone knows has gone home from school, then it is a breach of privacy to talk about their medical condition and/or the appropriateness of their treatment.

A person is not just identifiable by name.

Paddigol wrote: »
    You'd think that would be obvious, but then you'd also think that the anonymous internet posters who hop up on their high-horse to tell us all with absolute authority what should and should not be done would display a smidgen of embarrassment at their idiocy being exposed. Sadly, that doesn't seem to happen much. They're quiet for a few minutes until the story moves on and then they're back banging away at their keyboards fixing the world of all its problems.

Its hilarious they reel off statistics smugly and judge anyone that disagrees lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭timmyntc

If you test widely, you can be sure that the delays will result in one of the priority cases getting loose.

If you don't test them at all because of their no obvious link to a previous case - you risk a priority case getting loose too.

The HSE advice should be to self isolate if you have symptoms - regardless of who you've been in contact with and where you've been. As we come into summer, there will be much less regular flu also so a much higher certainty that symptoms are coronavirus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

scotchy wrote: »
    I don't remember ever seeing the stock market in such freefall as it is now.

Zoom out on the chart. This is nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

So are you saying the countries that are doing far more tests per capita are getting it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

I'm laughing at the concern for the economy shown here.
    That's about as ostrich as it gets. The world economy is in free fall.
    There is NO way out of the global recession that's coming.
    And oddly the countries that manage the virus best will be first off their knees after.
    At the moment that's looking like China.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Zoom out on the chart. This is nothing

Zoom out on a global warming chart

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

It's looking like that.

The WHO have been praising China for it's efforts in tackling this, but they have literally put entire cities under forced lockdown. I'm not sure other countries can do this considering the authoritarian nature of the Chinese Government in the first place.

Outside mainland China, the places that seem to be handling this best are the ones hit worst by SARS in 2003 that have been planning ever since: Singapore, Hong-Kong, Taiwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Peatys wrote: »

Don't compare science and the stock market please.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Peatys wrote: »

Zoom out on random chart to dismiss reality.

Percentage wise this drop wouldn't be even in the top 50.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement