Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

6 death on the cruise ship so far (2 today). RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

GooglePlus wrote: »
    3174 masks per person per day if it's a 7 day week. Probably doable as I reckon the process is heavily automated.

As long as the masks are able to stop the minuscule particles otherwise its damn useless as is anyone who is not sick as they would not be available for who needs them. Also are they multi use or 1 use

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't see US pharma workers working for the same rate of pay as their Chinese counterparts tbh.

Some things are more important than getting the cheapest price when your production is controlled by an adversarial state, I'm surprised it has been allowed to go on for as long as it has.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I rang the HSE helpline last night cos I basically have all the symptoms and have come back from a high risk area a week ago and they said a doctor would call back within 24 hours.
    Still waiting.

Can’t help but feel they’re just ignoring this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don't see US pharma workers working for the same rate of pay as their Chinese counterparts tbh.

I dont see China manufacturing medical supplies when you actually need them. Some things are worth paying more for them. As it is Black Market prices wont exactly be cheap.
    When medial equipment in hospitals start failing and the arts come from China, it will be a big wake up call

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

pjohnson wrote: »
    And the people certainly wont pay more for anything produced to allow the wage increase.

They will when they have no other option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

gabeeg wrote: »
    No updates on numbers out of Italy today. Which is a bit worrying.

There's a finite number of people they can get around to testing on a daily basis. China had the same problem for weeks as the daily death figures hovered around 100 each and every day for a while and new cases around 800 i think which i guess was them just appeasing media with numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

bennyl10 wrote: »
    or they've had no reports of new cases and the quarantine is doing its job so far

They've managed to do what the Chinese couldn't do and they've also found an effective treatment that stops people dying?

But they haven't told anyone about it?

The swines!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Runaways wrote: »
    I rang the HSE helpline last night did I basically have all the symptoms and have come back from a high risk area a week ago and they said a doctor would call back within 24 hours.
    Still waiting.

It hasn't been 24 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Some things are more important than getting the cheapest price when your production is controlled by an adversarial state, I'm surprised it has been allowed to go on for as long as it has.

Nothing is more important than profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Titclamp wrote: »
    Does anyone believe this came from some clown eating bats?

Nope! Too much of a coincidence for me that it first started infecting people in the vicinity of the viral lab.
    Then coupled with the virus is a mutation from bats, snakes and pangolin with maybe a smattering of HIV makes it more likely in my books that it's an engineered virus.
    Probably tested on some convicts that in fairness the regime has a poor record on. Organ harvesting, etc, etc.

https://qz.com/1805422/wuhan-virology-lab-unable-to-quell-china-coronavirus-conspiracies/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Mass-Corona.png

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

That Cruise Ship sounds like a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Given the high percentage of Italians travelling testing positive, I'm starting to wonder if the figures coming out of the country itself are a serious underestimate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I rang the HSE helpline last night did I basically have all the symptoms and have come back from a high risk area a week ago and they said a doctor would call back within 24 hours.
    Still waiting.

They’re flat out making posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Case in castlepollard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Still waiting.

Yikes. Good luck with it.

How are you feeling? Are you in a safe enough age bracket?

Still waiting.

Are you still posting from the jacks?

Still waiting.

No tests no numbers. All is good come to Ireland greatest little country on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hello Miss Bailey.

Sean.. Sean........ SEAN!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Jin luk wrote: »
    Case in castlepollard

confirmed ?

Case in castlepollard

Suitcase or case of beer?

That Cruise Ship sounds like a nightmare.

And that's before the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Suitcase or case of beer?

Nutcase

• Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

gabeeg wrote: »
    Mate, they've done roughly 100 tests over the last month or so.
    They managed to do 10 tests yesterday. That's your ramp.

Perhaps I'm wrong, as you say I'm no risk management expert (are you?), but 100 tests over the period of a month seems wholly inadequate to me.

I'm not bashing their entire response to this crisis. Much of it has been as good as you could expect. It's just that I fear they're flying blind and I expect they're scrambling to catch up.

There are too elements to being a risk management expert on a particular issue. One is to understand the concept of risks, mitigation, costs, alternatives etc. The second is to be an expert in the subject area.

I understand enough about a risk management approach to see that is what they are doing, but don't have a clue about medical issues to be able to know whether they are right, but they are the experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Case in castlepollard

Seemingly in a pupil back from a trip to Italy. Why are these still going on?:mad:

Nope! Too much of a coincidence for me that it first started infecting people in the vicinity of the viral lab.
    Then coupled with the virus is a mutation from bats, snakes and pangolin with maybe a smattering of HIV makes it more likely in my books that it's an engineered virus.
    Probably tested on some convicts that in fairness the regime has a poor record on. Organ harvesting, etc, etc.

https://qz.com/1805422/wuhan-virology-lab-unable-to-quell-china-coronavirus-conspiracies/amp/

Ah come on do we have to have the thread "infected" with this guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Still waiting.

Talk to Joe, 1850715815. You'll get a callback fairly sharpish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement