Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

cnocbui wrote: »
    What percentage of the recommended daily intake of omega-3 is in a turnip?

It depends on how much of the turnip you eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

3qpl7d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

khalessi wrote: »

A Westmeath teenager has been tested for COVID-19 after arriving home from Italy.
    The Castlepollard Community College student had been on a school ski trip to the north of the country.
    The individual was tested last night after displaying some symptoms of the infection.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Talk to Joe, 1850715815. You'll get a callback fairly sharpish!

You knew that off by heart didn't you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

i know that theyre just being tested was just providing background to the previous comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Instead of face masks some people would be better off with focusing on acquiring a double lined tin foil hat for themselves and a few Valium.
    Surf it out lads,surf it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

gabeeg wrote: »
    Yikes. Good luck with it.

How are you feeling? Are you in a safe enough age bracket?

Ish. Smoker too though. Feel like I Been hit by a bus and running to the toilet every few minutes. But whatever’s going on in my throat n where it meets me chest is what’s freaking me out.
    See if they call tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are too elements to being a risk management expert on a particular issue. One is to understand the concept of risks, mitigation, costs, alternatives etc. The second is to be an expert in the subject area.

I understand enough about a risk management approach to see that is what they are doing, but don't have a clue about medical issues to be able to know whether they are right, but they are the experts.

Yes, and they're taking a significantly different approach to testing to experts from other countries.

Our approach is more akin to the USA's, which has been heavily criticised

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

No panic buying in the local Supervalu today. Good to see. The shelves are already heavily stocked with Easter eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

oceITqn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

All in all, when the dust settles on this, things won't be the same again. Lax border controls being one. The EU response has been well, non-existent. If they were serious about it, then they would have closed the Italian border a week ago, but that didn't happen so now, all of Europe is infected.

Are you still posting from the jacks?

Had to stop! It’s too cold to be sitting in there. And I’m sweating also freezing. No craic at all

Runaways wrote: »
    Ish. Smoker too though. Feel like I Been hit by a bus and running to the toilet every few minutes. But whatever’s going on in my throat n where it meets me chest is what’s freaking me out.
    See if they call tho.

Hope you are alright pal.

Talk to Joe, 1850715815. You'll get a callback fairly sharpish!

Im a bit delirious and on painkillers. I’m not that stupid haha

markodaly wrote: »
    All in all, when the dust settles on this, things won't be the same again. Lax border controls being one. The EU response has been well, non-existent. If they were serious about it, then they would have closed the Italian border a week ago, but that didn't happen so now, all of Europe is infected.

The virtue signalling about the whole "one europe" project played a massive part.

Tbh it was coming sooner or later anyway with our lax attitude to most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭VayNiice

Nope! Too much of a coincidence for me that it first started infecting people in the vicinity of the viral lab.
    Then coupled with the virus is a mutation from bats, snakes and pangolin with maybe a smattering of HIV makes it more likely in my books that it's an engineered virus.
    Probably tested on some convicts that in fairness the regime has a poor record on. Organ harvesting, etc, etc.

https://qz.com/1805422/wuhan-virology-lab-unable-to-quell-china-coronavirus-conspiracies/amp/

I suppose you believe the earth is flat, 9/11 was a hoax, the moon landing never happened and that vaccinations are bad?

Why on earth would it be an engineered virus?? Tell us about your background in lab work/research that makes you believe this? Or do you prefer to believe morons on YouTube over doctors/scientists?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does anyone want to buy a yacht with me and then we can charge people to escape the island and the virus. My plan will save hundreds ( or kill hundreds, who knows).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hope you are alright pal.

Hel be fine. If he was in fear of keeling over he’d hardly be on here talking sh1te with us other gombeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Nope! Too much of a coincidence for me that it first started infecting people in the vicinity of the viral lab.
    Then coupled with the virus is a mutation from bats, snakes and pangolin with maybe a smattering of HIV makes it more likely in my books that it's an engineered virus.
    Probably tested on some convicts that in fairness the regime has a poor record on. Organ harvesting, etc, etc.

https://qz.com/1805422/wuhan-virology-lab-unable-to-quell-china-coronavirus-conspiracies/amp/

Well there's no smoke without fire. How is this dismissed so easily?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

See if they call tho.

Sounds rough. I've yet to hear that coronavirus induces the runs, so hopefully you've just got something equally as awful.

Keep up posted and get well soon

Had to stop! It’s too cold to be sitting in there. And I’m sweating also freezing. No craic at all

Awwwww you take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Aer Lingus confirm the confirmed case travelled on one of their flights and they are liasing with the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Just listening to the news there. How come they haven't found out the ladies mode of transport from Dub to bel.. Have they asked her how she travelled??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Just listening to the news there. How come they haven't found out the ladies mode of transport from Dub to bel.. Have they asked her how she travelled??

It was train. I read that in the news earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Seemingly in a pupil back from a trip to Italy. Why are these still going on?:mad:

Since when were school ski trips a thing?

What's educational about them?

Titclamp wrote: »
    Well there's no smoke without fire. How is this dismissed so easily?

Because it's conspiracy theory guff that's why. It's the kind of stuff people dream up from watching too many hollywood movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

BanditLuke wrote: »
    The virtue signalling about the whole "one europe" project played a massive part.

Tbh it was coming sooner or later anyway with our lax attitude to most things.

The next week will be interesting, as we will see cases skyrocket out of control all around Europe. Which is depressing, as its one of the most advanced and developed regions in the world, well able to handle this situation. But red-tape and inertia meant they were unable to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ironicname wrote: »
    It was train. I read that in the news earlier

Irish Rail spokesperson Barry Kenny said: “We’ve had no confirmation at this time that the person travelled by Enterprise, but both Iarnród Éireann and Translink undertook a sanitising clean of the Enterprise fleet as a precautionary measure overnight.”
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-to-belfast-train-covid-19-coronavirus-5025653-Feb2020/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Another record day in South Korea
    South Korea reported 571 new coronavirus cases on Friday, its biggest daily increase in infections that takes its total to 2,337, the largest outbreak outside China where the epidemic began late last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement