Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Theresa Mannion has already got her haz-mat suit and microphone ready. She will be double jobbing. The Strom and the Virus.

Don't make unnecessary journeys! (Or terrible photoshops)

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If this hits Madagascar, then we're officially f'ed.

Well, if they havent closed their airport and harbour port at this stage, they only have themselves to blame. They know the rules of Pandemic!!!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Are there any suspected cases in Ireland currently ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

notobtuse wrote: »
    One thing I noticed at the center is the growing number of Asian customers wearing masks. I wonder if their fear is just higher or they are afraid of being racially profiled by other customers.

Just aswell Asians don't have distinctive eyes unlike those Japanese lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

wakka12 wrote: »
    Are there any suspected cases in Ireland currently ?

Yes, in castle pollard, student returning from skiing trip reported unwell and is being tested.
    https://www.northernsound.ie/north-confirms-first-coronavirus-case-castlepollard-teen-tested/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Less of the condescension please.

Borders have been closed for Foot and Mouth disease to protect cattle industry!
    Government ,even the present caretaker government, can pass emergency legislation in the public interest.
    It is greed not to affect markets and tourism , especially coming up to St Patrick's Day / weekend .

At the very least people need to be checked at entry points for symptoms, at this stage.
    Latest case was not a success as Tony Holohan said, as that person should have made themself known at Dublin Airport and not travelled on infected and to infect others. He is not credible anymore after saying that on Prime Time.
    More panic when the whole country ends up closed down due to quarantine because of laid back," sure what's the fuss" attitude now .

And by the way, the hospitals will not cope with the 20% seriously affected that have to be admitted . NO staff , no beds, no ICU beds . Chris Luke in CUH said it last night, Michael O'Dwyer in Vincent's yesterday, and we all know what the A&E departments around the country are like.

Head in the sand talk from some people here.
    By all means joke away , lighten the mood , if it doesn't pan out like it is in other countries then that's great. But as someone who works in the healthcare sector I agree with a lot of posters who are rightly concerned and , not , as you put it hysterical.

Your post is pure gold. Thank you.

PS wrote that before seeing your name! Most appropriate!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

And that is how it will get to Antarctica

GtodNrQnorVd3Gv6f6i4bdEwkP.jpg?quality=50&width=1800&ratio=16-9&resizeStyle=aspectfill&format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Whats the Madagasgar joke >?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Don't make unnecessary journeys! (Or terrible photoshops)

image.png

I gave you a sympathy thanks for your graphic design skills:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Less of the condescension please.

Borders have been closed for Foot and Mouth disease to protect cattle industry!
    Government ,even the present caretaker government, can pass emergency legislation in the public interest.
    It is greed not to affect markets and tourism , especially coming up to St Patrick's Day / weekend .

At the very least people need to be checked at entry points for symptoms, at this stage.
    Latest case was not a success as Tony Holohan said, as that person should have made themself known at Dublin Airport and not travelled on infected and to infect others. He is not credible anymore after saying that on Prime Time.
    More panic when the whole country ends up closed down due to quarantine because of laid back," sure what's the fuss" attitude now .

And by the way, the hospitals will not cope with the 20% seriously affected that have to be admitted . NO staff , no beds, no ICU beds . Chris Luke in CUH said it last night, Michael O'Dwyer in Vincent's yesterday, and we all know what the A&E departments around the country are like.

Head in the sand talk from some people here.
    By all means joke away , lighten the mood , if it doesn't pan out like it is in other countries then that's great. But as someone who works in the healthcare sector I agree with a lot of posters who are rightly concerned and , not , as you put it hysterical.

Great post and the best of luck to you and your colleagues working in the health sector these coming weeks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

gabeeg wrote: »
    Sounds rough. I've yet to hear that coronavirus induces the runs, so hopefully you've just got something equally as awful.

Keep up posted and get well soon

Swine flu did, I had it and can sadly confirm that symptom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

antodeco wrote: »
    And that is how it will get to Antarctica

GtodNrQnorVd3Gv6f6i4bdEwkP.jpg?quality=50&width=1800&ratio=16-9&resizeStyle=aspectfill&format=jpg

Shoot the penguins, they'll infect us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

You can keep track on how our hospitals are coping here

http://137.191.241.85/ed/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

A HSE spokesperson on the radio earlier said that their 'flu season' ends tomorrow (29 Feb). I am not sure if anyone told the flu virus but it should help in terms of capacity.

TomSweeney wrote: »

It's from the game 'Pandemic' where aim of game is to infect as much of the worlds countries as possible- ' Republic of Madagascar is often considered the most difficult target to infect with contagions due to the island nation has no airports or bordering countries and any potential outbreak can be prevented by shutting down the shipyards, which happens quite often during gameplay.'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Or Timbuktoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Steer55 wrote: »

She actually self isolated and phoned the 111 number, it was the people at the other end that suggested she visit her GP or to go to A&E.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

It's from the game 'Pandemic where aim of game is to infect as much of the worlds countries as possible'- ' Republic of Madagascar is often considered the most difficult target to infect with contagions due to the island nation has no airports or bordering countries and any potential outbreak can be prevented by shutting down the shipyards, which happens quite often during gameplay.'

Greenland too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

cnocbui wrote: »
    There are exemptions to GDPR:

The HSE can and will share a patients information to protect others.

GDPR exemptions do not allow a principal of a school to gossip about the medical treatment of one of the pupils.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Or Timbuktoo.

Why Timbuktoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TomSweeney wrote: »

A game called plague inc, you create a virus to try and infect the world, madagascar has no airports and is notorious for closing its ports really early so it cant be infected and you then lose the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Why Timbuktoo?

It's Timbuktu.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's Timbuktu.

Timbukaswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Why Timbuktoo?
    Well they do say as far away as Timbuktu.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Jesus I kind of wish I hadn’t opened that

6 people can get sick. Of anything. Total.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

click an insecure host with no dns?

you think this is the nineties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

josip wrote: »
    Was he gasping or grasping?
    It's an important difference in this context.

he wasn't grrrrasping this time (for once?), he was gaaasping as I wrote, as short of breath from fear knowing that tshtf most probably..:p

I was stunned he said that so openly with the masks, but maybe it was also a stunt to prevent the people running to the shops, and then running around with masks spreading panic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement