Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Dust masks used by construction workers won't protect you from anything, apart from breathing in dust from working on a building site.

is it like that? I was wondering about that too as I have some in stock for DIY work. I thought they might be better thn this typical masks as they close around your face kind of properly. but yes, you breathe in air, so a virus most probably gets through it directly.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Online rte news page article on a Public Health team meeting today; cannot link from here so could someone please

A lot of info

Grace are you using a phone or laptop/pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Getting crazy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

wakka12 wrote: »
    Feels like more new cases are occurring daily outside China than inside China now(apparently..)

that's the magic of non testing people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

brevity wrote: »
    20 Pack N95 Dust Mask Disposable, Respirator Face Mouth Masks with Exhalation Valve 5 Layer Activated Carbon Air Filter Adjustable Nosepiece

I'd almost buy shares in the company which makes the N95 mask as it appears to be the most effective in filtering out virus particles.
    Only issue with them will be that for someone who's breathing isn't great like COPD sufferers for example, it will restrict them further.
    It also has to be put on and removed in a certain way also...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Runaways wrote: »
    Point of the story is there are almost no masks available commercially Over the counter that will prevent an infection from such a virus.
    Save your money.
    Agree, and besides even many decent ones (inc N95) are only good for particles down to about 0.3 microns.
    They are only somewhat 'slightly useful' in that they may prevent you unconsciously touching the face as much.

Even better might be the DIY water bottle (with small vents), combined along with some DIY (washable fabric) face mask, or the very cheap(est) dust mask.

UKqGV1M.pngpEdbHP7.png

Likewise a simple clear plastic splash screen, (again with any type of masks/scarf/snood), may 'reduce projected velocity particle contact' (sneezes etc).

Imagine greatest risk is any crowded static environment (public transport or queuing for hours like those headers in S.Kor), when people are sneezing/coughing droplets or aerosols. And of course, touching of any shared surfaces, products or cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

brevity wrote: »
    20 Pack N95 Dust Mask Disposable, Respirator Face Mouth Masks with Exhalation Valve 5 Layer Activated Carbon Air Filter Adjustable Nosepiece Unisex Fold Flat Dust Masks https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PNKHJ6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EQqvEb409JGQ1

They ship from China....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,871 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A case in Palermo in southern Italy now, someone visiting from northern Italy:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/government-travellers-italy-coronavirus-covid-19-ireland-six-nations-5020530-Feb2020/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

tara73 wrote: »
    is it like that? I was wondering about that too as I have some in stock for DIY work. I thought they might be better thn this typical masks as they close around your face kind of properly. but yes, you breathe in air, so a virus most probably gets through it directly.

Wasting your time and the cost of the masks, the particle size they can filter just isn't good enough for virus protection.

Similar with surgical masks, the virus particles can go around the edges of the mask, and when you take them off with your hands and then touch your nose, eyes or mouth then you're exposing yourself to the virus which may have been present on the single use surgical mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Agree, and besides even many decent ones (inc N95) are only good for particles down to about 0.3 microns.
    They are only somewhat 'slightly useful' in that they may prevent you unconsciously touching the face as much.

Even better might be the DIY water bottle (with small vents), combined along with some DIY (washable fabric) face mask, or the very cheap(est) dust mask.

UKqGV1M.pngpEdbHP7.png

Likewise a simple clear plastic splash screen, (again with any type of masks/scarf/snood), may 'reduce projected velocity particle contact' (sneezes etc).

Imagine greatest risk is any crowded static environment (public transport or queuing for hours like those headers in S.Kor), when people are sneezing/coughing droplets or aerosols. And of course, touching of any shared surfaces, products or cash.

Im selling these COVID19 protection suits if anyone is interested.

41J-mxkMo4L._AC_.jpg

• Advertisement

There hasn’t been a report on David & Sally Abel for 2 days now. I really hope they’re gonna pull through.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

There hasn’t been a report on David & Sally Abel for 2 days now. I really hope they’re gonna pull through.

Just found this, I don't have sound but hopefully it is saying all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTyX-YJPPgw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

This is Iranian deputy health minister yesterday

https://twitter.com/i/status/1232274937936781312

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Report on the Guardian earlier saying they're improving. Had a link to a video but didnt get a chance to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

odyssey06 wrote: »
    A case in Palermo in southern Italy now, someone visiting from northern Italy:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/government-travellers-italy-coronavirus-covid-19-ireland-six-nations-5020530-Feb2020/

Hence my query about travelling to Rome this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭brevity

They ship from China....

Yikes!

Im selling these COVID19 protection suits if anyone is interested.

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_9.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_11-191x191.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

BanditLuke wrote: »
    This is Iranian deputy health minister yesterday

https://twitter.com/i/status/1232274937936781312

God coronavirus must give you a good case of the sweats

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shuhada Davitt

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    China admitting it has locked down a city of 11 million people. Towns in Northern Italy locked down. A liner locked down. A hotel in Tenerife locked down.

I’ll leave it to people to draw their own conclusions.

you have to try and see the bigger picture.
    this is a large scale social experiment being carried out by united governments.

they have moved on from scaremongering staged terrorist attacks to viruses.
    they dont want freedom of movement for people.

meanwhile, as people panic about this smokescreen, there's a lot of stuff happening that they dont want us to be attentive to.

wait and see.

these things are good though for showing up all the mad little worrying sheeple though... ie, who is brainwashed, who is not.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God coronavirus must give you a good case of the sweats

Is that the President he is beside? Also their government in that room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I see the UK is telling anybody who returned from North Italy recently to self isolate.
    My sister and 100 classmates recently came back from a ski holiday within the area where there is currently a lockdown zone in Northern Italy and there is no advice from the Irish government for people returning from there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,871 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I see the UK is telling anybody who returned from North Italy recently to self isolate.
    My sister and 100 classmates recently came back from a ski holiday within the area where there is currently a lockdown zone in Northern Italy and there is no advice from the Irish government for people returning from there

Don't call us, we'll call you.
    Don't ask, don't tell.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

pc7 wrote: »

God he looks in a bad way but trying to hold it together, sweating and touching his face and nose the whole time. Would not fancy being in that room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

going to be very tough for people especially older who live on their own soon when we most likely have to qurantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

this is a large scale social experiment being carried out by united governments.

meanwhile, as people panic about this smokescreen, there's a lot of stuff happening that they dont want us to be attentive to.

wait and see.

these things are good though for showing up all the mad little worrying sheeple though... ie, who is brainwashed, who is not.

You know there is a conspiracy theory forum for your sort yeah?

pc7 wrote: »

Not sure but im beginning to think the rumours of at least a 100 deaths and 1000's of cases in Iran will be true. They most certainly don't have the ability of China to stop this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Just heard that the RU game is going ahead between Ireland and Italy. Are they insane?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Liveline tomorrow - hundreds cancelling their hols

And yer one on yesterday boasting of her upcoming trip to Tenerife and how she wouldn’t be affected :)

wait and see.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

wait and see.

Dedicated thread for discussing this stuff:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058056380

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement