Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Scotland isn't a country.

This historical quirk will soon be rectified.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The WHO just said that countries need to aggressively contain to stop the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Here the answer for your supplies folks

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1231209525757255681

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

cnocbui wrote: »
    This historical quirk will soon be rectified.

Oh I believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

tara73 wrote: »
    what is helicopter money???

Money someone pays you for doing a 'helicopter'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Our Mike from WHO "Health systems around the world are not ready" "We've already seen in quite sophisticated countries who've had a rapid rise in cases in the last week are having trouble coping with the clinical case loads... Health systems around the world, north and south are just not ready"

This is what I was saying in the original thread from day 1, when people would say its 'only the flu'. Its the strain, what happens if you have a heart attack and cant get into hospital, cancer patients can't get treatment, road traffic accidents etc. can't get into hospital nevermind wanting to be in a hospital that is over run with Covid. I think its going to need a monumental mind shift from Governments world wide to combat this. I really hope I am wrong and that this is a storm in a tea cup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

fritzelly wrote: »
    WHO - we have linked epidemics
    In other words a pandemic

Give over with all the stock market crap, last 2 pages full of it

Degiro is the way to go. Il check it out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭quokula

No chance I'm gonna convince my cat to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

wakka12 wrote: »
    First case in Iceland
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/02/28/breaking-first-confirmed-case-of-coronavirus-in-iceland/

Seems like Rep Ireland might be one of the last in Europe to announce a case. Just a couple of other countries have not so far, Scotland ,Portugal, Poland , Hungary, Czech Republic

Rats.. thought I'd be OK there of all places next week. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

gabeeg wrote: »
    Oh that's a relief. Thanks for letting us know.

We were all getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Shows over folks. Lets go home

no need to be sarcastic, as i said its the info i have never said it was correct, hence the fact i came to discussion tread, please enlighten me if you know !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

wakka12 wrote: »
    Seems like Rep Ireland might be one of the last in Europe to announce a case.
    I guess our best chance of winning that prize is simply to not test anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Scotland isn't a country.
    Yes, it is. The UK is a union of 4 countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

antodeco wrote: »
    The WHO just said that countries need to aggressively contain to stop the spread.

They're right and it's going to be awful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

pc7 wrote: »
    This is what I was saying in the original thread from day 1, when people would say its 'only the flu'. Its the strain, what happens if you have a heart attack and cant get into hospital, cancer patients can't get treatment, road traffic accidents etc. can't get into hospital nevermind wanting to be in a hospital that is over run with Covid. I think its going to need a monumental mind shift from Governments world wide to combat this. I really hope I am wrong and that this is a storm in a tea cup.

Aye three days ago the Dr. who headed the investigation said it but people on this thread get told their doomers for pointing out what he is pleading the world to cop on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

WHO - "The greatest threat is fear itself." :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Have you been isolating?

If so, since when? Has family been leaving food at your door? Have you been sharing bathrooms?

You're young so I guess you're not so worried but if you do hey a positive result, do you think you could have passed it onto elderly family members?

Only seen my housemate and my dog. Haven’t left the house. I haven’t been eating much at all no appetite but the presses are almost empty
    This is about to get tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

he gets breakfast then becomes dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

no need to be sarcastic, as i said its the info i have never said it was correct, hence the fact i came to discussion tread, please enlighten me if you know !!!

This is a terrible place to get info go to the hse website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Strazdas wrote: »

Thats interesting. Wonder why they believe it. I find it hard to believe several thousand cases worldwide in a few days is not spreading freely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

pc7 wrote: »

We're reaping what the past governments have sown for us now, imagine if it takes off in this country, Place will be wrote off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

From the WHO Report "Remarkably, more than 40,000 HCW (Health Care Workers) have been deployed from other areas of China to support the responsein Wuhan."

Yes, 40,000. I had thought it was around 2 - 5,000

A clear sign that numbers of new cases are falling and that they have got this. Are you sure they aren't headed for Beijing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Runaways wrote: »
    Only seen my housemate and my dog. Haven’t left the house. I haven’t been eating much at all no appetite but the presses are almost empty
    This is about to get tricky

If your housemate can't help \ is keeping their distance, can you get an online delivery from a tesco or supervalu or local shop?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

so the info i have, is its basically just a bad flu for most people, people who are dying from it are over 50 or have problems with there lungs,

correct me if i am wrong..
    Yeah pretty much.

If you're under 60 and otherwise healthy you have very little to worry about. Young children seen to be the most robust.

Over 60 the mortality rates are not to be sniffed at.

If you do get it and you're under 60, it's quite important to isolate yourself from anyone you know might be at risk. Tell your parents/grandparents to stay away, and get stuff delivered to you if at all possible to avoid spreading it outside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

so the info i have, is its basically just a bad flu for most people, people who are dying from it are over 50 or have problems with there lungs,

correct me if i am wrong..

80% of people get mild symptoms - many will not even know they have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

frash wrote: »
    Would you ring again?

I will. Let the clock run down tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Runaways wrote: »
    I will. Let the clock run down tho

They'll be going home soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

fritzelly wrote: »
    They'll be going home soon

It's a Friday, they're probably in the pub already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Ok so no one in Ireland has it yet ( not officially) but how are the HSE going to know if they are not testing a lot of people presenting with symptoms, I know a couple who returned from Italy last week ( south) and one of them has started to feel unwell , granted it’s probably not the virus but they did contact GP as a precaution who told her to contact HSE who in turn told her to ring GP .. when she contacted GP again he told her
    “ you will be grand it’s probably only normal flu or chest infection “

I honestly don’t have much faith in the HSE to manage this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement