Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

maninasia wrote: »
    This is very poor advice from CDC because facemasks also massively reduce transmission risk especially in crowded spaces.

i literally have 3 boxes of em here for work, and i wouldnt wear one ud look like a mental going around the place there hasnt even been a case confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The WHO keep saying (paraphrasing) "Governments aren't ready for this, they need to take it seriously if we want to be able to contain this" - do they not think that if they just called it a f*cking pandemic, that governments might take it more seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

paw patrol wrote: »
    I don't have much to add other than Simon Harris is an absolute fcukwit.

The notion of not releasing information to the public over the 1 case travelling from Dublin airport is terrible behaviour denying people a chance to take precautions.

he is a gimp

I reckon they are holding back info on known cases in hospitals etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Runaways wrote: »
    Gotcha. I cut my leg really badly over there and was eaten alive by sandflies. I got antibiotics for both and completed the course. Came home last week and about three days ago got really sick.
    It’s flu. It’s dogsh*t awful I’m feeling. Throat is freaking me out. It’s tight and feels like a crush on it and I’m coughing randomly and lengthily no phlegm anymore tho which I think is good?

Don’t open this pic if you’re squeamish
    It was pure green seeping next morning

Ring the HSE back

Happy4all wrote: »

How? sur the people that work in hospitals would naturally tell there own family and social media... no chance of keeping it under wraps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

i dont know who to believe, HSE cant handle the country at its best, so who on earth is going to trust them.

So you’ll refuse medical care when sick? You’re an idiot. I hate reading posts like this. My mother worked her arse off for 40 years so ungrateful cnuts like you can live a few days longer. I hope you genuinely never need them but you should still listen to their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

channaigh wrote: »
    Are people still planning on travelling? I'm suppose to be going to Amsterdam next weekend. My heart is saying go my head is saying maybe not a great idea. I was so looking forward to heading off.

Netherlands has just one case. Youre as likely to get it in Amsterdam as Dublin I'd say. It is just a virus, a kind of dangerous one but nothing too awful, unless yo are elderly or ill life still needs to go on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Strazdas wrote: »
    Well the confirmed cases in the UK so far are surprisingly low. Only 15 or 16 in a densely populated country of 65 million people.....and the first cases were reported on January 31.

Thats what Italy said

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

We are where we are.

We must contain”, the WHO said just moments ago in the live Broadcast. “Wake up!” are literally the words used, “The level of Alert is at its highest”.

Ireland needs to be ready to shut things down to SLOW the spread as soon as cases are confirmed in the Republic. We cannot STOP it but we must try to SLOW it.

If the HSE were to become overloaded in one fell swoop, we’d be banjaxed.

A quick spread would place huge demands on our Health systems. We need to minimize that risk.

It is sensible to employ lock downs and to cancel mass events. We need to consider closures, quarantine, social distancing, school closure, working from home etc.

We need to be ready to contain it in order to manage it. We have been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Runaways wrote: »
    Oh great. It was actually the princess diamond cruise ship that was In Sihanoukville while I was there.
    Heard it was another.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/two-irish-passengers-on-cruise-ship-test-positive-for-coronavirus-1.4177266%3fmode=amp

It was another cruise ship which has cases of Covid-19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Cupatae wrote: »
    How? sur the people that work in hospitals would naturally tell there own family and social media... no chance of keeping it under wraps.

Exactly. They aren't! There are isolation rooms set up just in case and systems put in place around the hospitals - nothing no see here yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

wakka12 wrote: »
    Netherlands has just one case. Youre as likely to get it in Amsterdam as Dublin I'd say. It is just a virus, a kind of dangerous one but nothing too awful, unless yo are elderly or ill life still needs to go on

I suppose so. Will probably see what next week brings and make a call on it then. I will just drink alcohol all weekend might kill it off :))))

We are where we are.

We must contain”, the WHO said just moments ago in the live Broadcast. “Wake up!” are literally the words used, “The level of Alert is at its highest”.

Ireland needs to be ready to shut things down to SLOW the spread as soon as cases are confirmed in the Republic. We cannot STOP it but we must try to SLOW it.

A quick spread would place huge demands on our Health systems. We need to minimize that risk.

It is sensible to employ lock downs and to cancel mass events. We need to consider closures, quarantine, social distancing, school closure, working from home etc.

Even slow our health system would be in a heap its been neglected for so long, were reaping what we sow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ficheall wrote: »
    The WHO keep saying (paraphrasing) "Governments aren't ready for this, they need to take it seriously if we want to be able to contain this" - do they not think that if they just called it a f*cking pandemic, that governments might take it more seriously?

Because it would be a misuse of the word and incorrect :

A widespread endemic disease that is stable in terms of how many people are getting sick from it is not a pandemic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

80% of people get mild symptoms - many will not even know they have it.

And that is super, but if it’s big numbers and 3% need hospitalization, where do you go when you have other illness/accidents that need hospitals medical health.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

fritzelly wrote: »
    Feck off with this whatsapp rumour crap - every day someone posting the exact same thing

i just found that on twitter - never said it was true - but as i said i dont know what or who to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Happy4all wrote: »
    There is literally zero chance that they could withhold this information in Ireland unless the guy is locked in Simon Harris's office and Harris has told nobody about it.

Ficheall wrote: »

They can’t just randomly label things like that. They have a system of grading outbreaks based on data, number of cases etc. This outbreak is currently one level below pandemic. Science ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

i just found that on twitter - never said it was true - but as i said i dont know what or who to believe

If you read the thread, you would know it isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

fritzelly wrote: »
    Thats what Italy said

No it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

channaigh wrote: »
    Are people still planning on travelling? I'm suppose to be going to Amsterdam next weekend. My heart is saying go my head is saying maybe not a great idea. I was so looking forward to heading off.

Yeah sure why not. Life has to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'd be more wary of the gob****es who believe and spread that WhatsApp shi*e than the virus itself, it's so obviously fake.

Osborne wrote: »
    If you read the thread, you would know it isn't true.

i wouldn't have time to read the whole tread, who on earth does that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

We are where we are.

All of those things are completely pointless unless you close the airports. That won't be happening

Stop posting bullish!t from Twitter. Read this and follow the guidelines it’s no rocket science. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well it'd be more believable if there was a Clayton hotel on Pearse Street

EDIT: OSI said it already!

wakka12 wrote: »
    Posted a while ago. Nothing came of it, probably fake

why cant all posters be like you, half of them are in there flowers ffs, bunch of grumpy fcuks

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Ah, OK.

Just post hoax rumors instead. Helpful.

antodeco wrote: »
    Well it'd be more believable if there was a Clayton hotel on Pearse Street

i wouldn't of known that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

i wouldn't of known that.

I got the video and it said it was jurys inn Christchurch :D