Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

maninasia wrote: »
    Yes , the HSE should have a plan to distribute masks to the population per family, a few per week. Of course they don't though...

Why should they do that? It's your own responsibility to take measures to avoid becoming sick. It's more important to protect front line staff who will be exposed to high levels of this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Runaways wrote: »
    Gotcha. I cut my leg really badly over there and was eaten alive by sandflies. I got antibiotics for both and completed the course. Came home last week and about three days ago got really sick.
    It’s flu. It’s dogsh*t awful I’m feeling. Throat is freaking me out. It’s tight and feels like a crush on it and I’m coughing randomly and lengthily no phlegm anymore tho which I think is good?

Don’t open this pic if you’re squeamish
    It was pure green seeping next morning

Ok your freaking me out now, if you mistake the flu for sepsis and your doctor doesn't cop it you'd wish you had coronavirus, go to doctor or a&e and ask the question could it be sepsis. Don't hesitate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seems to be few extra dots on the map for today:

XaUuSEt.png

Italy approacing 700, Iran near 400, Germany gave up at 20 and now has 48 etc.
    The US is doing well considering it's size at only 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Osborne wrote: »
    Ah, OK.

Just post hoax rumors instead. Helpful.

you must think i posting it to annoy posters, i just seen it on twitter posted it and was waiting to see if anybody knows anything about it, if i knew it was already put up i wouldn't of posted it sorry folks,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Why should they do that? It's your own responsibility to take measures to avoid becoming sick. It's more important to protect front line staff who will be exposed to high levels of this virus.
    Also it would be arguably more dangerous to distribute masks.

People walking around with masks on thinking that all is hunky-dory and they can't get infected so long as they're wearing a mask, "Sure didnt the HSE tell us so"

Better to tell people to stay at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

MadYaker wrote: »
    Stop posting bullish!t from Twitter. Read this and follow the guidelines it’s no rocket science. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

go back to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

seamus wrote: »
    Also it would be arguably more dangerous to distribute masks.

People walking around with masks on thinking that all is hunky-dory and they can't get infected so long as they're wearing a mask, "Sure didnt the HSE tell us so"

Better to tell people to stay at home.

This the problem exactly. People will put on a mask that does nothing and then forget about washing their hands which actually stops them from getting the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Only when worn by people who have the illness. If you're healthy and wearing a mask, and the guy beside you is coughing, the mask will do close to fvck all to save you.

Thats not 100% accurate. A P3 mask will prevent you inhaling the virus, nose and mouth. Of course if won’t protect your eyes so you could catch it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

go back to bed

?

The governmental advice is sound.

What's your advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

lawred2 wrote: »
    ?

The governmental advice is sound.

What's your advice?

Everyone go back to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

XaUuSEt.png

I'm wondering about how many people the new california case could have infected. She was hospitalized for days before the doctors were able to convince the CDC to test her. How long was she walking around infecting people before that? We are possibly about to see a surge in cases, just like Italy. I live in a destination very popular with visitors from California, I'd say we will have cases soon enough.

Mike pence being in charge of all the info doesn't exactly fill me with confidence . What a dick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

If our government are or aren’t playing it shady and us in the dark on testing etc I wonder will we be able further down the road to find out what kind of numbers or reaction and prep was in place under FOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1233406525491814400

think Corona beer might need to do a rebrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

XaUuSEt.png

It is so odd how few cases are occurring India, US and Indonesia. There simply must be many undetected cases occurring in these 3 countries. Look at all that red blobbiness either side of India which is doing nothing to contain or prevent it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The US numbers will start to explode.
    Their shambles of a health system means that the majority of people won't go near a doctor unless they're dragged to it in an ambulance.

About a third of Americans either have no health insurance or only have very basic/specific cover, which means that in order to get tested for coronavirus will be a trip to the hospital and several hundred dollars out of pocket. Plus they probably won't have sick leave/sick pay.

So they'll have a lot of infected walking the streets, going to work and trying to get on with their lives, spreading the infection around. They'll hit a tipping point and go from a few hundred cases to tens of thousands inside a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sky2020

wakka12 wrote: »
    A Russian man in Azerbaijan has tested positive. How could this possibly not be a pandemic yet?
    There are probably closing in on a hundred cases worldwide without even a link to a hotspot country any longer

He is Russian who traveled from Iran to Azerbaijan it says in the news link, he could contracted the virus in Iran my guess ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

MD1990 wrote: »

Think Americans might need to rebrain. Dumbest fecking nation on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looks like Minnie has made an appearance too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

cancel mass

Teenagers across the country are rejoicing. The Pope Himself has cancelled mass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I understand they can’t check everybody at airports but I would have thought that anyone arriving from northern Italy ie Verona, Venice, Milan and maybe even Rome ..........?

I’ve travelled on the Enterprise many times, always full. How would they know where anybody sits? Especially two seats away. Has anyone cleaned the train since ( especially the tables)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Scotland isn't a country.

Scotland is a country but not a state, hopefully soon it will be both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

And that's before they realise it's Mexican. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

They have, just released it ->
    Ebola-Bier.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes, it is. The UK is a union of 4 countries.
    It is so odd how few cases are occurring India, US and Indonesia. There simply must be many undetected cases occurring in these 3 countries. Look at all that red blobbiness either side of India which is doing nothing to contain or prevent it

Possibly there aren't any/many cases due to the temperature in India and Indonesia.
    Most of India is over 30C at the moment.
    Jakarta is also around 30C.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,152 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The US numbers will start to explode.
    Their shambles of a health system means that the majority of people won't go near a doctor unless they're dragged to it in an ambulance.

About a third of Americans either have no health insurance or only have very basic/specific cover, which means that in order to get tested for coronavirus will be a trip to the hospital and several hundred dollars out of pocket. Plus they probably won't have sick leave/sick pay.

So they'll have a lot of infected walking the streets, going to work and trying to get on with their lives, spreading the infection around. They'll hit a tipping point and go from a few hundred cases to tens of thousands inside a couple of weeks.

Trumps chief of staff just stated that the media are blowing it out of proportion to bring down Trump.
    The reason they are paying so much attention to it today is that they think this is going to bring down the president, that's what this is all about

:pac:

Yeah they are fúckéd with that dotard in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

joeysoap wrote: »
    I’ve travelled on the Enterprise many times, always full. How would they know where anybody sits? Especially two seats away. Has anyone cleaned the train since ( especially the tables)?

They disinfected it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

Scotland is a country but not a state, hopefully soon it will be both.

Had their chance and bottled it.
    Nothing under those kilts after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

XaUuSEt.png

The countries where it gained a rapid foothold like Italy may have been those who were oblivious to any risk and weren't initially taking any measures to contain it.

Knowledge and preventative measures are half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Yeh its very odd, wonder if there is a specific route /method of infection that is particularly contagious that has not been found out yet. Like I remember they tracked a man who had covid from China who had gone on holidays to Mexico City and like 30 people he interacted with all tested negative. Then you have a church and boat with a thousand cases each

I'd imagine they will know more about this ina month or so. At the minute age seems a big factor. Thats all they really know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

BloodBath wrote: »
    Think Americans might need to rebrain. Dumbest fecking nation on the planet.

I'd imagine that's just click bait by CNN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement