Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

Just heard that the RU game is going ahead between Ireland and Italy. Are they insane?

Ah sure we’ll only get colds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Just heard that the RU game is going ahead between Ireland and Italy. Are they insane?

Insane decision. Now is the time to do what China failed to do at the start because we simply don't have the ability to do what they are doing now.

Pure greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shuhada Davitt

You know there is a conspiracy theory forum for your sort yeah?

how is it any more conspiracy than believing the advice of all these corrupt political bodies? the WHO are full of sh!t, and as for Simon Harris!? hahaha please.

i dont believe it's a "thing" as they are making it out to be.
    if you do, fair enough, but if you are panicking about it, then i think you are brainwashed and one of the sheeple

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The tables have turned!
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3052306/chinese-cities-quarantine-travellers-south-korea-amid-spike
    China quarantines south korean travellers upon entry to several chinese cities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

you have to try and see the bigger picture

Oh I see it clearly. Welcome to my ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They said its going ahead 'for now' and will follow any government advice, the health team aren't meeting until later this afternoon. I would be fairly sure it would be cancelled going on how things are progressing today (at a fast pace by the looks of things).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Insane decision. Now is the time to do what China failed to do at the start because we simply don't have the ability to do what they are doing now.

Pure greed.
    Surely it's not the IRFUs decision. Who the hell is running the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I was reading earlier that Chinese scientists claim they have a vaccine to start trials with, but can't find it now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

pc7 wrote: »
    They said its going ahead 'for now' and will follow any government advice, the health team aren't meeting until later this afternoon. I would be fairly sure it would be cancelled going on how things are progressing today (at a fast pace by the looks of things).
    Then why do they make an announcement today? Hold back until the health oversight committee meets. Makes them look completely inept

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I was reading earlier that Chinese scientists claim they have a vaccine to start trials with, but can't find it now ...

I thought that they just had a better test kit to identify it earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

God he looks in a bad way but trying to hold it together, sweating and touching his face and nose the whole time. Would not fancy being in that room.

He must not had been diagnosed at that stage.

Each government personnel will need to be isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tomatofruit

just wondering, if the virus is transferred through droplets from infected person then why wouldnt a dust mask reduce effect. whats the definition of a droplet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Then why do they make an announcement today? Hold back until the health oversight committee meets. Makes them look completely inept

They can then blame the government!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Spec sheet on various masks ratings protection levels: https://d3rbxgeqn1ye9j.cloudfront.net/fileadmin/www.uvex-safety.com/Media/catalogues_and_brochures/en/uvex_respiratory_protection_guide_PPE_EN.pdf?1494846973

The N95 = P2 level protection, whilst it’s better than nothing, I wouldn’t be spending silly money on those masks.

You’ll need a P3 mask for viruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

first vaccines going to testing

https://www.ft.com/content/97719a2e-5763-11ea-a528-dd0f971febbc

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Oh I see it clearly. Welcome to my ignore list.

what a strange, angry over the top reaction to a post with a different narrative.

very, very strange, and sad.

good riddance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Its not. They are waiting for Feecback from Government Departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Great news. The game now is quarantine and kill the virus in major outbreaks till you get a proper vaccine.

Inb4 "Deyre just tellin the sheeple locked up they're wurkin on it to keep them docile little lambs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

It's more or less inevitable that it will get here (if not here already) but its as if the powers that be are just throwing their hands up and saying ah sure we'll look we'll get it eventually so why bother.

We have the ability to try to protect ourselves and control/minimise the spread, not a good idea to have a huge sporting event with a country that is currently experiencing a rapidly growing outbreak and is in lock down in some areas.

The UK telling people coming from those areas to self isolate on their return and we are just wide open???

Why would we even take the risk of it, why won't they just postpone it for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Its not. They are waiting for Feecback from Government Departments.

But why aren't they making the decision I want to see NOW?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

N95s seem to be sold out... or else on wait list..

It's more or less inevitable that it will get here (if not here already) but its as if the powers that be are just throwing their hands up and saying ah sure we'll look we'll get it eventually so why bother.

We have the ability to try to protect ourselves and control/minimise the spread, not a good idea to have a huge sporting event with a country that is currently experiencing a rapidly growing outbreak and is in lock down in some areas.

The UK telling people coming from those areas to self isolate on their return and we are just wide open???

because life goes on, and there's nothing to be afraid of!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Especially when the areas in lockdown are from the rugby playing region of Italy.

Heard it on RTÉ radio. A vaccine has been developed in China and is being trialled. It is extraordinary to get to this stage this quickly. If it proves to offer reasonable protection without undue side effects it will get more trials before becoming widely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

because life goes on, and there's nothing to be afraid of!?

there is if your elderly or have underlying illnesses?:confused:

Some good news, i think.

Yesterday at this time:

Coronavirus Cases:
    Deaths:
    Recovered:

Today:
    Coronavirus Cases:
    Deaths:
    Recovered:

619 new cases
    80 new deaths
    2563 Recovered

Recovery rate seems to be improving.

Of the 49799 open cases, 9215 are noted as serious,40584 noted as mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

wakka12 wrote: »
    The tables have turned!
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3052306/chinese-cities-quarantine-travellers-south-korea-amid-spike
    China quarantines south korean travellers upon entry to several chinese cities

lol the tables have not turned. China is fcuked.

CCP weak

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Heard it on RTÉ radio. A vaccine has been developed in China and is being trialled. It is extraordinary to get to this stage this quickly. If it proves to offer reasonable protection without undue side effects it will get more trials before becoming widely available.

hmmmmmm, amazing they got a vaccine together so quickly............

just wondering, if the virus is transferred through droplets from infected person then why wouldnt a dust mask reduce effect. whats the definition of a droplet?

I think from what I’m hearing is that if you are coughing/sneezing that the mask may reduce spread of virus from you to others better than it will protect you from spread by others.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    hmmmmmm, amazing they got a vaccine together so quickly............

Yeah that is nuts; I would not have expected one til at least Christmas... Bit dodgy sounding to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement