Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How does someone self isolate themselves if they have the Corona virus?

One poster suggested locking yourself (somehow) in a green wheelie bin which would appear to have some merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

One poster suggested locking yourself (somehow) in a green wheelie bin which would appear to have some merit.

Would a black bin suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tesla3

Would a black bin suffice?

No the black ones will be for bringing out the dead!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

One poster suggested locking yourself (somehow) in a green wheelie bin which would appear to have some merit.[/QUOTE]

340?cb=20090819003837

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Any update on the very ill poster who came back from Far East recently. I can’t remember his user name but something like runoff or that.. he was awaiting call back from HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any update on the very ill poster who came back from Far East recently. I can’t remember his user name but something like runoff or that.. he was awaiting call back from HSE.

Runaways he/she hasn't posted for a few hours

Runaway. He was posting an hour ago. Still sick as a dog. Someone thought he may have sepsis. Haven’t heard from him since but said he was ringing hse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

citysights wrote: »
    Why doesn’t boards do an ask me anything question thread on a person who recovered from corona virus. Might give some perspective good or bad.Just an idea.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

wakka12 wrote: »
    Hysteria implies irrational concern. WHO are the ones who today raised the risk assessment of the disease to the highest possible level, its not the daily mail or the journal making it up.

surely the epi-centre releasing results that the figure of new infections decreasing daily , is good news ?

WHO need to raise peoples awareness , self isolate if sick , avoid hubs of the illness etc , - but panic/anxiety is not good for society , I think we will ride this out - life can be unpredictable though.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Does being floored by regular flu and then facing walking pneumonia count as mild?
    Cos I've had that... and it's not what most people would consider a mild illness. From an A&E perspective it is.

Another thing about getting a dose the Covid-19, however far from being a Code Blue Emergency the bout turns out to be, is the concern I and responsible others would have in passing it on to the more vulnerable, especially as we start to recover and again start to feel like stepping outside the door. Thinking about the scenario may help form a strategy of coping and resilience. When I’ve had to face illness in the past and almost worst-case scenario complications of major surgery, I coped by having taken fully on board what might happen in the first place, and when the SHTF I was far more resilient mentally and dealt with it well, psychologically. One thing that brought me into Boards in the first place was being confined to hospital and periods of rehabilitation where I really couldn’t do much else. People cope much better if they can’t get past the hysteria phase and into being more philosophical when the SHTF.

• Advertisement

Runaways wrote: »
    Gotcha. I cut my leg really badly over there and was eaten alive by sandflies. I got antibiotics for both and completed the course. Came home last week and about three days ago got really sick.
    It’s flu. It’s dogsh*t awful I’m feeling. Throat is freaking me out. It’s tight and feels like a crush on it and I’m coughing randomly and lengthily no phlegm anymore tho which I think is good?

Don’t open this pic if you’re squeamish
    It was pure green seeping next morning

Here Spanish.

Ps: did anyone look at pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

In London working and can't get over the situation caused by the panic and media hysteria. Absolutely everywhere is out of hand gel. Literally can't get it anywhere. Just watched the local news and some stupid bint was on showing all her stockpiled supplies. She admitted she wasn't in an at-risk group but still thought it was ethical to go and buy the entire section of hand gels and other products, leaving everyone else to go without.

Seems like Britain is full of me feiners who are out for themselves 100% and can't comprehend the concept of not taking more than their fair share. I just wanted to buy one hand gel today so I could clean my hands after using the airport trays and so on - couldn't get that cos of the selfish f*ckers buying 20+ at a time. So now the people who actually ARE at risk and the people who actually DO have symptoms are unable to buy things which would help to reduce the spread.

Yeah, nice one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Here Spanish.

Yeah pic was of a cut ozzing puss

Has Morgan Freeman shown up in a hazmat anywhere yet?

Runaway. He was posting an hour ago. Still sick as a dog. Someone thought he may have sepsis. Haven’t heard from him since but said he was ringing hse again.

Hope he’s ok. Even though none of us know each other, his description of his illness made me gulp.

From what I remember he has a housemate so hope he has someone to call upon.

I don't have it but surely any more people in the house will catch it as well and self isolating won't do much?

It’s problematic in the average house. I live alone in an apartment so that won’t be a problem for likes of me, and I have a nice balcony for fresh air. It’s a bit easier for the relatively few families lucky enough to be living in high end houses with lots of en-suites.

Here Spanish.

Thanks. I sound like a stalker now, yep I saw the pic and it looked infected to me. Let’s hope he’s ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I don't have it but surely any more people in the house will catch it as well and self isolating won't do much?

Self isolation seems to assume you are living on your own OR if sharing can switch to own bedroom with en suite to yourself and someone to bring your food.
    Does not seem all that practical for most people in shared accomodation if in apartment or terraced house.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are dead bodies of Coronavirus victims still contagious?

Gael23 wrote: »

Depends.....what are you thinking on doing to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

thebaz wrote: »
    surely the epi-centre releasing results that the figure of new infections decreasing daily , is good news ?

WHO need to raise peoples awareness , self isolate if sick , avoid hubs of the illness etc , - but panic/anxiety is not good for society , I think we will ride this out - life can be unpredictable though.

Course we'll ride it out. Its not going wipe out humanity. You see the problem is people like the WHO saying stuff like avoid hubs of the illness etc.. is that the hubs of the illness are still been allowed travel freely around the world on airplanes spreading the illness so it kind of rings hollow. They have praised the Chinese for their response (rightfully) but aren't pressing home to the world how serious this is because they "don't want to create panic".

Nobody is saying panic is good (by the way I don't see any evidence of panic) but raising public awareness to a point where they know what's coming would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

you would have to prove they died from Corona virus! It's not worth it

Hope he’s ok. Even though none of us know each other, his description of his illness made me gulp.

From what I remember he has a housemate so hope he has someone to call upon.

He could phone the ambulance service, appraising them of scenario, maybe he has done that. Once you are in hospital you might have easy access to internet with all the tests being done etc, iffy WiFi in an isolation department, and then being exhausted and just needing to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yes, they were burnt in china

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Depends.....what are you thinking on doing to them?
    tillyfilly wrote: »
    you would have to prove they died from Corona virus! It's not worth it

What if they were waked with an open coffin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

dan786 wrote: »

Mass on Sunday....

Please turn and offer eachother the nod off peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

A load of mental articles coming online now https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/coronavirus-where-should-you-sit-on-a-plane-to-avoid-infection-1.4188022?mode=amp

Where should you sit on a plane to avoid infection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

dan786 wrote: »

Seems to be less than 50 cases has caused France and Germany to signal they're beyond containment. I take it they plan to go the South Korea route.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement