Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Some straight talking from the Australian Health minister and Chief Medical Officer on the potential effects of this epidemic on Australia.

Some of the figures given are shocking...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/28/australian-doctors-warn-of-overwhelmed-public-health-system-in-event-of-coronavirus-pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Sure maybe storm Jorge could blow the virus away. That be grand.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Titclamp wrote: »
    How the **** could you not read what I wrote correctly?

I did it on purpose, OK, titclamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm eating a Chinese in solidarity with the people of China :)

What will you sacrifice?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

wakka12 wrote: »
    First case in Iceland
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/02/28/breaking-first-confirmed-case-of-coronavirus-in-iceland/

Seems like Rep Ireland might be one of the last in Europe to announce a case. Just a couple of other countries have not so far, Scotland ,Portugal, Poland , Hungary, Czech Republic

Coogan & Brydon must be running out of options for their next trip
    Wonder what the restaurants are like in Antarctica...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

wakka12 wrote: »
    Weird how people just hear bs like this and just believe it
    Dont think a county being 'closed' can remain a well kept secret for very long

Unless it is Leithrim.

She looks quite young, maybe 19 or 20. I said to her if you go across the footbridge on campus you'll be in Clare.

Not related to the coronavirus. There was a storm last year, can't think of the name. Limerick got a status Orange while Clare got status Red. Buildings shut down the campus on the Clare side while keeping the Limerick side open. They're across the river from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Paying for stuff in Penney's, the idle checkout people chatting about no stick coming in and something about having no stick for Christmas. Heard one also say they'll be out of a job by Christmas. Not sure if just a joke or if it's a genuine concern from the employee.

I doubt they're any more idle than the people who work in offices wasting hours of their employer's time messing around online and on their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Yessssssssssssssss!!!! I made it to the end of the thread. Nobody else post anything. Thanks.

Only the last survivor will be able to post this I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Sure maybe storm Jorge could blow the virus away. That be grand.

Or blow it towards us!!!!

We’re doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Stewball

I was talking to a nurse friend in one of our major hospitals earlier - he said if it gets bad here the hospital hasn't a notion of being able to cope. Beds won't be the main issue - they won't have the staff to cope!

• Advertisement

What will you sacrifice?

I was in the Chinese store on Wednesday buying food. Was talking to the cashier about how hot the chilli sauce I was buying. Didn't say if it would kill the ole corona. She said if too hot don't come back complaining. 'We don't take complaints.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

What will you sacrifice?

I'm eating a diseased bat in solidarity to the people with coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What will you sacrifice?

I'm eating frogs legs in solidarity with the French, Kermit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm eating peanut butter sandwiches with solidarity of people with peanut allergies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Some straight talking from the Australian Health minister and Chief Medical Officer on the potential effects of this epidemic on Australia.

Some of the figures given are shocking...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/28/australian-doctors-warn-of-overwhelmed-public-health-system-in-event-of-coronavirus-pandemic

On one of the early news sat channels this morning, the presenter asked on of the uk's ministers (possible health minister bloke), would they be prepared for 'x (shall not repeat here) number' of fatalaties. The bloke didn't blink once, and just said 'we'd be prepared for all eventualities'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Stewball wrote: »
    I was talking to a nurse friend in one of our major hospitals earlier - he said if it gets bad here the hospital hasn't a notion of being able to cope. Beds won't be the main issue - they won't have the staff to cope!

Sure how can you plan to have staff for a virus that is new and only around a few months.

Stupid logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Everyone needs to just chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Coogan & Brydon must be running out of options for their next trip
    Wonder what the restaurants are like in Antarctica...

At this point I would gladly spend a year in Antarctica... Laptop with Netflix and 1,000 bags of pasta... perfect/ ideal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I heard a rumour that Storm Jorge has the new coronavirus.

theballz wrote: »
    Everyone needs to just chill out.

No ****ing way! My life is **** I need these hysterics!

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    3 infected in population of 6+ million and they do this

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233489724704272385

It may keep the Israelis abay.

I'm eating my own head in solidarity to people who can't eat their own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Germany screening all Italians now.... all of Europe should have been doing this a while ago m... why wait...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Serious mod clean up needed.

Some of us come to this thread for input from valued posters. This is a serious issue we're facing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Yessssssssssssssss!!!! I made it to the end of the thread. Nobody else post anything. Thanks.

Did you read the previous thread as well?

If you want the official Boards: I made it through the Covid-19 Thread badge you will have to get through the 9946 or so posts in that one as well.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058047651

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I told myself to stop looking at this forum and I started reading the property 2020 forum... only to find out they are discussing cornavirus too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

At this point I would gladly spend a year in Antarctica... Laptop with Netflix and 1,000 bags of pasta... perfect/ ideal

Netflix is only down 5% over the past 7 days and it's actually up 5% over the last 4 weeks.

I think others have the same idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Zenify wrote: »
    I told myself to stop looking at this forum and I started reading the property 2020 forum... only to find out they are discussing cornavirus too :o

Any good news of houses getting cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Serious mod clean up needed.

Some of us come to this thread for input from valued posters. This is a serious issue we're facing here.

Yes, it is very serious, we know this.... but maybe people need a little humour to alleviate the anxiety rather than the constant doom and gloom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Stewball wrote: »

No country will have hundreds of extra empty hospital beds or hundreds of extra nurses and docs sitting around just in case we get a bit of an epidemic. We're no worse than anywhere else and im guessing probably better than most

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement