Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Serious mod clean up needed.

Some of us come to this thread for input from valued posters. This is a serious issue we're facing here.

It's ridiculous what's happened the last couple of days on here. Thread was an excellent resource for keeping up with what's happening but it's gone downhill to an after hours standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Zenify wrote: »
    I told myself to stop looking at this forum and I started reading the property 2020 forum... only to find out they are discussing cornavirus too :o

Corona is been discussed in numerous forums. Like the old days when everybody be talking about who shot JR Ewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Town quiet tonight. People opting to stay in doors, ultimately this is going to have a negative affect on our economy.

Let’s hope it can be contained with the appropriate measures in the result of an outbreak in Ireland. Equally, let’s hope the citizens of this country take the necessary precautions related to minimising any potential fatal infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

theballz wrote: »
    Town quiet tonight. People opting to stay in doors, ultimately this is going to have a negative affect on our economy.

Let’s hope it can be contained with the appropriate measures in the result of an outbreak in Ireland. Equally, let’s hope the citizens of this country take the necessary precautions related to minimising any potential fatal infections.

Probably more to do with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

cnocbui wrote: »
    Did you read the previous thread as well?

If you want the official Boards: I made it through the Covid-19 Thread badge you will have to get through the 9946 or so posts in that one as well.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058047651
    that one was easy, this thread has gone exponential,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Fook, someone just got bitten by a snake in Ireland (on the news).
    With the last Pope (potentially) down with the WuFlu, and likely restrictions coming in to defer practice of the sabbath, can someone channel in St.Patrick

✓ Locust Plague(s)
    ✓ Global Pandemic
    ✓ Red Storm Alerts
    ✓ Occult Moon last Month
    ✓ Troops amassing in MidEast
    ✓ Snakes back in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Serious mod clean up needed.

Some of us come to this thread for input from valued posters. This is a serious issue we're facing here.

Preventing posts from accounts with a post count in 3 digits or less, would mostly sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Probably more to do with the weather

Doubtful. Very mild in Dublin right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Stewball

Sure how can you plan to have staff for a virus that is new and only around a few months.

Stupid logic.

Okay - so where are the HSE going to find the extra staff needed?

They won't suddenly appear out of nowhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

YFlyer wrote: »
    Corona is been discussed in numerous forums. Like the old days when everybody be talking about who shot JR Ewing?

You're here that long?boards is here that long?
    Bloody hell

• Advertisement

At this point I would gladly spend a year in Antarctica... Laptop with Netflix and 1,000 bags of pasta... perfect/ ideal

Penguins for protein?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fook, someone just got bitten by a snake in Ireland (on the news).
    With the last Pope (potentially) down with the WuFlu, and likely restrictions coming in to defer practice of the sabbath, can someone channel in St.Patrick

what happens if the Pope dies? does the previous pope step back in, or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

cnocbui wrote: »
    Preventing posts from accounts with a post count in 3 digits or less, would mostly sort it.

I hope you get quarantined

what happens if the Pope dies? does the previous pope step back in, or whats the craic?

only if the tag is made

You're here that long?boards is here that long?
    Bloody hell

It was during the repeats. Bookies were still taken bets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Stewball wrote: »
    Okay - so where are the HSE going to find the extra staff needed?

They won't suddenly appear out of nowhere...

Could they get the private hospitals on board? All hospitals now stop surgeries to prep wards, beds, staff and supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm eating a Chinese in solidarity with the people of China :)

What will you sacrifice?

To follow up I shall also be having an X-large 16 inch Domino's pepperoni pizza in solidarity with the people of Italy tomorrow night :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A load of frail old men meet in a locked room, what could possibly go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Some will and plenty wont, I was on a bus this morning and saw someone sneezing into their hand and minutes later using the same hand to grip one of those straps that hangs down from the ceiling, yesterday I was buying a bar of chocolate and the woman who served me had just coughed into her hand. These are the ways these things spread how do we deal with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weather and paddy’s day soon.
    Don’t be silly.
    This is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Is it just me, or have things calmed down a bit? It just doesn't seem as direct a threat today as it did yesterday. Maybe apathy setting in though or I a just not paying enough attention today.

Ludo wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have things calmed down a bit? It just doesn't seem as direct a threat today as it did yesterday. Maybe apathy setting in though or I a just not paying enough attention today.

Just you

Everything is worse

Reports of a massive fire at the main clinic in Iran where Covid19 patients are being treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

pc7 wrote: »
    A load of frail old men meet in a locked room, what could possibly go wrong!

I'd call that a win, not a wrong.

It was a bad day for humans, but a great day for the coronavirus

It's all about your outlook on life

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

“Wall Street just suffered its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis, with all three major indices entering correction and the Dow Jones Industrial Average losing a staggering 3,500 points in just five days.“

He goes to hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

No country will have hundreds of extra empty hospital beds or hundreds of extra nurses and docs sitting around just in case we get a bit of an epidemic. We're no worse than anywhere else and im guessing probably better than most

I know someone who works in a large Dublin hospital, so was wrecking her head with questions about coronavirus. She said what she finds wierd is, in her department, a few years back, they set up an emergency group, ie list of volunteers who are contactable out of hours to come in, in event of some crisis situation. Sorry, not explaining this very well as second-hand information and was a casual conversation. She thinks the reasoning behind this was at the time, the possibility of terrorist attack etc.
    Of course nothing happened and since then the list is probably out of date etc due to staff turnover. But she’s thinks it’s odd something similar has not been done, considering the likelihood of coronavirus taking hold is probably higher than a terrorist attack/ major accident in Dublin

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »

It's the start of the weekend. The UCD team are gone back home to chill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement