Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Seamai wrote: »
    Some will and plenty wont, I was on a bus this morning and saw someone sneezing into their hand and minutes later using the same hand to grip one of those straps that hangs down from the ceiling, yesterday I was buying a bar of chocolate and the woman who served me had just coughed into her hand. These are the ways these things spread how do we deal with this?

And people wonder why people want to drive their cars to work. Go on a bus occasionally and scarred after the last experience of assorted nutters and people with little knowledge of hygiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Reports of a massive fire at the main clinic in Iran where Covid19 patients are being treated.

The DM doesn't mention it so possibly fake. How about a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

what happens if the Pope dies? does the previous pope step back in, or whats the craic?
    That's a bit tricky, as St.Malachy suggests this may be the last pope before tribulation (pandemics, plagues etc) gets underway (if he is Peter the Roman) as per 'The Prophecy of the Popes'

You wouldn't want the last one he was a creepy looking fella, and Francie seems decent enough fella (so far) compared to all the previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

He goes to hell?

He could argue that the Barvarian fellow was the Pope the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Ludo wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have things calmed down a bit? It just doesn't seem as direct a threat today as it did yesterday. Maybe apathy setting in though or I a just not paying enough attention today.
    For many of us, it's felt like going through the stages of grief with this virus - it'll be an interesting topic for psychologists in future years.

Sounds like you've reached acceptance and are further along than most. I'm expecting a bit of panic here if we get a proper outbreak, but it should all calm down quite quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

cnocbui wrote: »

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1233498389884604417?s=19

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think if any major figure head that people believe in like the Pope or other religions ‘head’ it could cause trouble. Loons will love it, those that might get ill or need their faith could be very rattled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

And people wonder why people want to drive their cars to work. Go on a bus occasionally and scarred after the last experience of assorted nutters and people with little knowledge of hygiene.

I'll be cutting the bus back as much as possible for the duration of this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

That's a bit tricky, as St.Malachy suggests this may be the last pope before tribulation (pandemics, plagues etc) gets underway (if he is Peter the Roman) as per 'The Prophecy of the Popes'

You wouldn't want the last one he was a creepy looking fella, and Francie seems decent enough fella (so far) compared to all the previous ones.

st malacy said the last pope would also be black i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

“Wall Street just suffered its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis, with all three major indices entering correction and the Dow Jones Industrial Average losing a staggering 3,500 points in just five days.“

The Trumpster thought that Trump solely enhance the Stock market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1233498389884604417?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Runaways wrote: »
    You hadn’t read the posts from poster I was replying to evidently.
    I am taking it seriously. Back from Cambodia a week and sick in bed with a mystery flu bored off my face.

Hope you are ok and get better soon.
    Replied a while ago and went out to stock pile...not!
    Just getting pissed off with people downplaying this. I am in an at risk category, and starting to get worried about myself and my family.
    And to be honest having seen it from the inside have little or no faith in the " risk management " of that overblown white elephant called the HSE.

Take care of yourself , Runaways ..don't wait for them to get back to you..ring and ring again until you get the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

St Malachy was a troll back 1000 years ago that came up with some rare horse****e. Imagine we are still mentioning his name. Trollus siempratum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

givyjoe wrote: »

don't share that crap

if something like that actually happened would it make the news?

Yes. So wait for them to confirm it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That looks like a bonfire more than a building in flames. The guys with shoulder patches at the gate who might be some sort of security guards don't seem very perturbed.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Just getting pissed off with people downplaying this. I am in an at risk category, and starting to get worried about myself and my family.
    And to be honest having seen it from the inside have little or no faith in the " risk management " of that overblown white elephant called the HSE.

Take care of yourself , Runaways ..don't wait for them to get back to you..ring and ring again until you get the answers.

What's your risk, if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

That looks like a bonfire more than a building in flames. The guys with shoulder patches at the gate who might be some sort of security guards don't seem very perturbed.

Don’t question twitter or it might explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

@runaways how are you doing now?
    Absolutely agree with other posters, sick of the downplay. Take it seriously, and sensibly. Not talking about building underground bunkers but get some supplies and think ahead.

gabeeg wrote: »
    don't share that crap

Wind your kneck in pal. If you bothered your arse to check, you'll see it's posted by a journalist in the region. I don't think RTE news have a correspondent on the scene. And don't tell me what to post. Got a problem, you know what button to press.

Also tweeted and reshared by multiple other journalists from the region. Maybe watch some YouTube videos on how to use Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

The Iran situation is very scary... whether that is a fake or not

• Advertisement

Wind your kneck in pal. If you bothered your arse to check, you'll see it's posted by a journalist in the region. I don't think RTE news have a correspondent on the scene. And don't tell me what to post. Got a problem, you know what button to press.

I've genuinely no idea what button to press

I've genuinely no idea what button to press

Self destruct...

Self destruct...

Way too late for that

I apologise if I jumped down your throat. I'm just saying there's a load of rubbish being shared right now, so be careful you're not doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Am keeping an open mind on the: fire in Iran.

But official Iranian claims of returning to normal by saturday? *disbelief*

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

don't share that crap

Absolutely, I'd expect the Iranian regime to give us a full detailed report of this incident as soon as possible....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

So a 9mth old had to be treated on the floor in a&e while she was having seizes as no trolley.

But the CEO tells us the hse is prepared + has the capacity for cornavirus cases.

What an absolute pile of s**te. Absolute and utter lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

@runaways how are you doing now?
    Absolutely agree with other posters, sick of the downplay. Take it seriously, and sensibly. Not talking about building underground bunkers but get some supplies and think ahead.

aaah, I know people are concerned but I think people need to give runaways a break. he's probably asleep or needs a rest, stressing him out with adressing him here isn't very nice I think.
    he sounds like a sensible guy, I remember his posts from the former thread or at the beginning of this one. don't think he's mingling with people, he said he's self isolating, not even able to go out I think.

he might come back tomorrow but I wouldn't stress it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Just getting pissed off with people downplaying this. I am in an at risk category

if your in risk category then simple flu might wipe you out. the poster mentioned being in cambodia theres ton of **** one can catch in places like that far worse, its like idiots going into malaria zones to volunteer then get sick.

few cases in over 1mill population is like lotto, and while you dont have faith in hse how do you believe you will cope as theres f all you can do if you catch it by some miracle, number wise this crap is way overblown by now and media $hite, 10 deaths in few countries means little to nothing - as beating same drum if reports would come out weakly with flu or some minor infection deaths this would seems like nothing, but it aint selling the papers and not getting views so easier to push extreme agenda.

Way too late for that

I apologise if I jumped down your throat. I'm just saying there's a load of rubbish being shared right now, so be careful you're not doing the same

Appreciated. I am, two different journalists have tweeted it. It seems to have only have only happened recently, minutes or hours. While it could be a fire of anything, they seem fairly sure it's s facility that is housing patients. I'm sure they could confirm easily enough if that wasn't the actual facility.

• Advertisement

I just don't think burning the evidence is a plausible tactic in this instance.

So it's probably a load of crap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement