Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

givyjoe wrote: »
    Appreciated. I am, two different journalists have tweeted it. It seems to have only have only happened recently, minutes or hours. While it could be a fire of anything, they seem fairly sure it's s facility that is housing patients. I'm sure they could confirm easily enough if that wasn't the actual facility.

Was it in Qom?
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/fire-kills-residential-building-iranian-city-qom-69277061

A fire that erupted in a residential building in the Iranian city of Qom has killed at least five people, including a 2-year-old, and injured 38

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

tara73 wrote: »
    aaah, I know people are concerned but I think people need to give runaways a break. he's probably asleep or needs a rest, stressing him out with adressing him here isn't very nice I think.
    he sounds like a sensible guy, I remember his posts from the former thread or at the beginning of this one. don't think he's mingling with people, he said he's self isolating, not even able to go out I think.

he might come back tomorrow but I wouldn't stress it now.
    Fair enough. I haven't been online today much so maybe missed something you're referring to...last time I read something from him it was a day or two ago? Def not my intention to be nagging 🀷

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

gabeeg wrote: »
    I just don't think burning the evidence is a plausible tactic in this instance.

So it's probably a load of crap

Eh, not likely to be whats happening. More than likely scared locals not wanting coronavirus patients near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

appledrop wrote: »
    So a 9mth old had to be treated on the floor in a&e while she was having seizes as no trolley.

But the CEO tells us the hse is prepared + has the capacity for cornavirus cases.

What an absolute pile of s**te. Absolute and utter lies.

In fairness it's the HSE, not actually a beacon of truth and transparency now are they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

appledrop wrote: »
    So a 9mth old had to be treated on the floor in a&e while she was having seizes as no trolley.

But the CEO tells us the hse is prepared + has the capacity for cornavirus cases.

What an absolute pile of s**te. Absolute and utter lies.

Keep drinking the social media kool aid.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

BanditLuke wrote: »
    In fairness it's the HSE, not actually a beacon of truth and transparency now are they.

Goebbels would love you too

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Was it in Qom?
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/fire-kills-residential-building-iranian-city-qom-69277061

A fire that erupted in a residential building in the Iranian city of Qom has killed at least five people, including a 2-year-old, and injured 38
    Twohid clinic in Bandar Abbas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

If this thread was a virus it would be a Corona! It's out of control!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Kim with the tough talk - read this as shoot anyone with the virus

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233507881854566400

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Kim with the tough talk - read this as shoot anyone with the virus

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233507881854566400

If he get it's, will he shoot himself..

Shoot anyone that knows

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Of course not. Sis will

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

EmotionalTediousAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

Streets of Milan are not safe .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The coronavirus could be up to 1,000 times more infectious than SARS because it plagues the body in the same way as HIV and Ebola, scientists warn.

Experts initially presumed the spread of COVID-19 would follow the same trajectory as the SARS outbreak in 2002/3, because the viruses are almost identical genetically.

But they have discovered the way it binds to cells in the human body is akin to far more aggressive diseases like HIV and Ebola.

This makes it '100 to 1,000 times' more efficient at infecting people than SARS, according to researchers from Nankai University in Tianjin, northern China.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8055401/Coronavirus-1-000-times-infectious-SARS-scientists-warn.html

Originally posted on http://chinaxiv.org/home.htm so not peer reviewed yet, but interesting, none the less. it certainly has a ring of truth, as this thing seems to spread very fast and very easily. Almost like a rotovirus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Gas **** hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A new war in the middle East between NATO and Russia is looming, subsequent refugee swarm, a seemingly never ending procession of storms, plagues of locusts and now a pandemic.
    Maybe we should just admit we're ****ed and that no amount of hand sanitiser or stockpiling will save us from the impending doom.

🙈🙉🙊

I can think of a few posters name to match the characters...

6 Trillion wiped off the world markets Holy Sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

cnocbui wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8055401/Coronavirus-1-000-times-infectious-SARS-scientists-warn.html

Originally posted on http://chinaxiv.org/home.htm so not peer reviewed yet, but interesting, none the less. it certainly has a ring of truth, as this thing seems to spread very fast and very easily. Almost like a rotovirus.

I'm no microbiologist but the wording of that looks like a bad Google translation of a tabloid article.

🙈🙉🙊

fritzelly wrote: »
    I can think of a few posters name to match the characters...

You're a vast improvement in looks than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The north koreans will just shoot anyone who has symptoms so oddly enough they'll probably be the fastest to recover!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Ah fcuk the world markets don't worry about them. As long as we still have turf and Beamish

I spent all the birthday money on a 543/1 bet a celebrity will get the corona virus and have a reality TV show about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

were about due another recession anyway

were about due another recession anyway

The recession never went away...

MadYaker wrote: »
    The north koreans will just shoot anyone who has symptoms so oddly enough they'll probably be the fastest to recover!

Or Kim will just sit on them, a faith worse than being shot.

Strangely countries where alcohol is banned has no coronvirus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So, about that media blackout some people were talking about a few days ago......

4rLJG6Ml.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement