Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They, the 0.0001% (2,153 of them) could probably survie well enough on their combined $8.7 tr, even after putting an end to global poverty if they really wanted.

Or at very least start making a few hundred million N95's, alchogels, and overalls for the plebs.

I suggested earlier that Jameson's distillery should get government approval and up it to 80% and start making hand sanitizer. I imagine they could produce a fair amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

YFlyer wrote: »
    Professor Luke O'Neill be given some advise soon on the Late Late Show.

Tell me Luke, how many misery slots will we get out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Sorry stopped reading after first line because no punctuatioin its very hard to read when people don't use commas and full stops and I think if you read my previous posts you will know I work in the sector so know a little about it now best wishes to you too as I am probably going to get wiped out as you so succinctly put it ��

If you are gonna be a punctuation Nazi please learn how to spell the word properly.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's like deja vu mutiple times a day - it's not confirmed

ground dog day

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

laurah591 wrote: »

I consider a some of that the good news for today. Pity about the soccer player, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dan786 wrote: »

Everyone got their wills sorted out? If there's anyone left to read them

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

cnocbui wrote: »
    I consider a some of that the good news for today. Pity about the soccer player, though.

She was young and appeared healthy, scary to think she died from virus. I saw a post on Twitter 're that girl today and disregarded it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Allergy season is kicking off where I am, tons of people coughing and sneezing, including me (hygienically of course lol), cold and flu still doing the rounds. Its nerve wracking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

dan786 wrote: »

Jesus what the hell is going on with this reinfection lark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This thread has slowed down a bit. I think that's the all clear, all agreed?

fr336 wrote: »

some people have a life

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Ipso wrote: »
    Tell me Luke, how many misery slots will we get out of this?

Luke was on radio one on Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago and was extremely dismissive of fear about the virus, 'a bad flu', 'will kill a few old people' etc. I found it blindingly careless, will be interesting to see if he's starting to take it seriously.

No - there's thousands of boardsies in quarantine - can't talk about it tho, media blackout and all that

Or it could be because its the weekend and everyone's in the bar catching the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

If you are gonna be a punctuation Nazi please learn how to spell the word properly.:D

Haha , well spotted , an extra I... thanks for pointing it out. Actually I was being ironic cos I really can't see these post anymore, especially that one !
    Tuning out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

All you need is the right 15 or so people to log off for a while to realise outside of this thread, it's business as usual out there in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

https://www.ktvu.com/

Aaaaanndddd....we have lift off!

****ebags and I'm meant to be there in 4 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

I can’t go back over this thread, or rather I won’t, but I wonder has anyone mentioned a case in a maternity hospital? I’ve heard informed whispers.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Went to an Aldi this eve. Not much fresh produce left. Didn’t pick anything up and turned on my heel as one older gentleman with a deep rattly cough was spluttering away down the aisle without covering his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://www.ktvu.com/

Aaaaanndddd....we have lift off!

Every continent needs their Wuhan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I can’t go back over this thread, or rather I won’t, but I wonder has anyone mentioned a case in a maternity hospital? I’ve heard informed whispers.

It was a hoax

Whatsapp conspiracy thread is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Peatys wrote: »
    All you need is the right 15 or so people to log off for a while to realise outside of this thread, it's business as usual out there in the real world.

Just a cold bro

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-panic-wipes-6-trillion-off-global-stocks-fztjvldqh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

It was a hoax

Really? Well that’s good to know.

I mean it seems unbelievable that we’ve escaped so far, but I suppose it really is a good time to be a tiny island far out in the Atlantic, where the only current worry is Storm Jorge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ficheall wrote: »
    The wing.
    Ryanair are now charging for that.

Two more cases in Australia, just on aussie news.
    Didn't catch full story but at least one or both is just back from iran and one or both are at the gold coast

https://amp.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-new-queensland-case-has-no-links-to-china/news-story/fc98ec3693b61e9be3c42cf0c6e7792b

LLS Coronavirus special on now

fritzelly wrote: »
    LLS Coronavirus special on now

2/3% die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Had to go shopping with the miss today went to lidl ,long ques at two open tills,i hat shopping,
    so turned around to the wife and asked loudly how she was feeling after our holiday in Italy with that i started to cough uncontrollably loud,the Que disappeared ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement